Eternal Heartbeat

004

The air was cooler in the east, the humidity wasn't as high and the breeze felt nice when it came through the open windows. Ansell and her family were of neutral blood line, pacifists in nature didn't have a mean streak in them which meant that there lands where mostly used for meetings and the making of treaties and they felt that was there calling, Ansell's family was one with nature so to speak they were not like there shape shifting cousins to the south nor there neighbors to the north.

"Jackson darling, are you presentable?" I looked up at the door as my mother came in with a member of the fleet, he was carrying a trunk and set it down inside the door near the foot of my bed. My mother had this timeless beauty about her, she was pale in complexion with few lines that marked her face, her eyes were the color of a ocean storm, her smile was warm and comforting but her words could sting like a cobras strike.
"Evening mother, all settled?" I asked leaning against the window ledge, she was dressed in a black dress with a silver pendent that hung at her throat.
"Mm settled as I can be I suppose it's not home but Ansell does try" She said with a soft smile picking at the blanket on my bed made of bear and fox fur.
"Have you heard from Bell? Is she coming?" I asked pushing off the ledge to look through the trunk finding that my sward had been taken I sighed
"Yes she should be here by morning M'kila is making the journey with her do to her condition figured it wouldn't hurt to have the entire family here., your father is pleased with you, for making the right choice to end the war" She said pulling the chair out and taking a seat waving her guard off meaning she wanted privacy.
"Well that's fantastic I suppose" I said throwing a shirt and a pair of pants on the bed. The door clicked shut and my mother cleared her throat, bring my attention on her.

"I spoke with Ansell to basically see what we are going up against here for potential future wise and I wanted information on the Barnett's and what makes them tick mostly but dear sweet Ansell wouldn't divulge that information on to me but she did tell me other things of them" She said picking up and looking at the little bottles and trinkets on the table before her.
"And what of them mother what does Ansell know of them that we do not?" I asked crossing my arms over my chest hoping she would get to the point quickly.
"Callan like the rest of her family has gifts., shes a elementalist" My mother said holding the 'st' longer then needed I nodded and knew the gifts of the Barnett coven we all did they were made of camp fire stories of our child hood.
"Mother what is the point I thought you and father were on the same page of ending the war" I ask running my hands through my hair looking around the room.
"We are but I'm exceedingly unsure about the necromancers darling they hold powers so great that it will either be a blessing or a curse" She stood and patted my cheek lightly and smiled.
"Good night darling try to sleep" and with that she was gone out the door leaving me alone.

The next day I sat in the fire hall pacing looking around the large room, 3 stairs led you down in to the floor where there was a circular bench and in the center was a fire pit, this room had a slew of names, fire room, meeting room, the hall. Ansell was humming a tune as she gathered the makings of a fire.,
"They arrived late last night under the cover of darkness and your sister arrived at first light with her significant other" Ansell said making a small hole in the tent like structure in the fire pit.
"I'm sorry?" I was unsure if she was talking to me
"Your thought's I can't necessarily see them but I can feel them, your first thought was if they as in your soon to be other half and her family have arrived yet and the answer is they have she the family and the guard are here in the north wing getting ready for this evening and your sister and her wolf arrived this morning at sun rise" Ansell had a air about her, she was a tall woman with olive toned skin and ash blond hair, she like her sisters kept to them selves and live a peaceful life style her sister and her looked alike except the strange scars that marked there shoulders in different patterns. Ansell had moon markings with what appeared to be maple leaves and vines in the scars.

"At sundown we will being take time and walk the grounds or brood in here if you like but you can't change the fate" Ansell said as she climbed the stairs and retreated out of the side door in to the garden.