Status: Please read and comment.

A Complicated Situation

Chapter Seven

Jenny's P.O.V

"Well, you are most definitely pregnant, and judging by your last period, you are about 8 weeks along," Dr. Anderson confirmed, grinning.

It had been a week since I took the test and I still couldn't believe that I was pregnant. But as I looked around at the posters of babies that were plastered on the walls of the office, it finally hit me.

"When will we be able to see it?" Billie inquired.

I couldn't help but smile at Billie. He was already so excited that he was going to be a father.

"I don't typically do the the first ultrasound until 11 weeks. And since you're in good physical health, I don't see a reason to do it earlier," she responded, as she jotted down the date for the next appointment.

Dr. Anderson handed me the appointment card and shook our hands one more time before we left.

"I can't wait until the next appointment!" Billie exclaimed, his face glowing with happiness. He gripped my hand as we walked through the parking lot.

"It's so strange to see you like this. You've never struck me as much of a family man, Bill," I commented. He shrugged, still smiling.

"It's one of those things that I didn't know I wanted until it became a reality," he explained, as he got into the car.

We were driving in silence for ten minutes until Billie spoke up.

"Jen, I want to know something."

I looked over at him, puzzled.

"Would you consider moving in with me?" Billie asked, his eyes locked on the road.

The timing had struck me by surprise, but I had half-expected this question for a week.

"Well, I need some time to think about it, Billie," I confessed, and I saw the hopeful smile on his face slightly diminish.

"You have to understand that everything is changing so fast for us and I feel like I can't be making these huge decisions so quickly," I justified.

He nodded.

"I get it, Jenny. I didn't expect you to give me a straight answer right away, anyway," he responded, his tone sweet.

But I could tell that he was bummed that I didn't immediately say yes.

"Are you happy about this whole situation?" Billie inquired after another five minutes of silence. I chuckled.

"I wasn't, at first. But like you said, it's one of those things I didn't know I wanted until I got it. And I couldn't be happier that I'm about to experience this crazy new life with you," I admitted, honestly.

I watched as Billie blushed.

He pulled up to my house and parked in the driveway.

Quinn was outside, tending to our rose garden. When she noticed our presence, she dropped her watering can and sprinted over to me, squealing with excitement.

"So is it official? Am I definitely going to be an aunt?"

I laughed at her eagerness.

"You are most definitely going to be an aunt. I'm 8 weeks along," I responded, watching as her smile grew even larger.

She jumped up and down, forcing me to move with her as she held me close to her.

Billie was just laughing at her, looking happier than I had ever seen him. And while I was already happy, their behavior brought me even more joy.

And that was when I realized that this baby was what everyone needed.

----------

Billie's P.O.V

"So I must have conceived when you came home for that mid-tour break," Jenny said and I nodded.

"And what a great break that was," I commented under my breath.

She giggled and nodded in agreement.

I got into her bed, watching as she scanned through the pregnancy handbook that I bought her from Barnes and Noble. Her eyes were filled with amazement and at times, fear, especially when she glanced at the labor and delivery chapter.

"This book is both beautiful and scary."

I chuckled and kissed her cheek.

"I know you'll do so well, though."

Jenny put the book down on her nightstand and wrapped her arms around me, resting her head on my chest. I gently ran my fingers through her crimson hair and closed my eyes.

"Have you told anyone yet?" Jenny suddenly wondered. I shook my head, even though she couldn't see me.

"I wanted to make sure you were definitely pregnant before I surprised everyone with that news. Not to mention, I'm kind of scared."

She looked up at me and smiled.

"Well, at least Mike and Tré know we are dating now. Could you imagine if you had to tell them because I got pregnant?"

I laughed and shook my head.

"I'll come with you when you tell them. No reason why you should do it on your own," she offered, tracing circles with her index finger on the skin of my chest.

At first, I was going to refuse her offer. But as I thought about how awkward that conversation could be, especially with Mike, I knew I needed her there.

"I would love that."
♠ ♠ ♠
So, it's official! I hope everyone is enjoying it and I appreciate all of my subscribers and readers. Thank you all so much.