Bathtub Blues

Bathtub Blues

I plopped onto mine and Gerard's bed exhausted. I had just gotten back from my job and I was beyond stressed and tired. I work for the Los Angeles Times newspaper and all day I was walking around getting things for the news writers and my boss, who can be an unprofessional asshole. All I know is my legs are cramped from walking in heels all day and my back is sore. I just wanted to scream my lungs out to get some kind of revival.

"Love, are you alright and why are you home so late?" I turned my head just enough to Gerard in a regular, black V-Neck and black sweat shorts. He looked at me with eyes of concern. I sighed, "no and sorry, work was a pain today and my boss kept me back to do some more work." He walked to the side of the bed and sat down beside me.

"What happened?" he asked and he started to rub my back, soothing the ache from within. "My boss was just being a jackass is all. I couldn't sit down once with all the orders he kept giving me," I said and threw my head back into the pillow. "Would you like me to draw you a bath?" he asked. I turned over to my back, making him stop rubbing it. "That would be nice," I smiled.

He smiled and patted my leg before getting up to draw the bath. I heard the water faucet come to life with the sound of water pouring into the tub. The sound of water relaxed my mind. A few moments later I heard the faucet turn off and saw Gerard peep his head through the door. "Come on love, you bath awaits," he smiled.

I grinned and hopped off the bed and went straight into the bathroom. The bath looked marvelous. Bubbles everywhere and the scent of vanilla filling my nostrils. I smiled at Gerard and stripped of my clothing and got into the tub. The water was warm and it was smooth.

I looked over at Gerard and grinned, "thank you so much babe." He bent down to the bathtub level and kissed my lips softly, "anytime my dear." "Can you wash my back?" I asked. "Of course," he said and grabbed a wash rag from the sink counter. He dipped it into the water to get it wet and took some body wash and squirted it onto the rag.

He pressed the rag to my back and ran it all over, making sure my back was flawlessly clean. I let my chin fall onto my knees and sighed smiling at the relaxation. After he cleaned my back, I leaned back into the bubbly water. I picked up some bubbles and placed it on the bottom his chin and giggled. "Well, aren't you funny," he chuckled.

After a little bit, I decided to get out since my fingers and toes were starting to prune. I slipped on my robe and walked into our bedroom. I went over to my dresser and pulled out some black basketball shorts, a black tank top, a black bra, and a black pair of underwear. I guess you can say I'm blacked out. I slipped off my robe and slipped on all my items of clothing.

I turned around to put my robe away to see Gerard staying at me smirking. "Watching me get dressed Way?" I asked. He put his hands up,"hey I tried to look away, but you know how hard that is for me." I walked up to him and wrapped my arms around his neck. He looked down at me a smiled, "how did I get such a beautiful girl like you?"

I blushed and looked down. He took his pointer finger and lifted my chin up and kissed me. I smiled into the kiss and pulled back to hug him. "Thank you so much for tonight," I said into his ear. "Anything for you darling," he said, "come on love, it's late and we should get some sleep."

I nodded in agreement and got into bed under the covers. Gerard turned off the lights and got into bed with me. We got close to each other and faced each other. I saw him smile in the dark slightly, "I love you, Cailee." "I love you too, Gerard," I whispered and snuggled into his chest.