It Stinks Being an Angel

A Demon Attack

Fred hoisted Celestial up and carried her to the school. The carriages with the other students had just begun to arrive, and they all noticed the small party. Celeste clutched her ankle out of pain as she lay in Freds arms.
"I'm ok, I can walk." Celeste muttered after awhile, and Fred said her down gently. She whimpered as her leg touched the ground. The burn mark would be on her ankle forever. Not even an angel could fix it.
"Now that we're at a school full of experienced wizards," George began. "Can you explain what the bloody hell went on during that unique and eventful train ride?" Celeste looked embarrassed.
"Theres no time. I'll explain everything after I get sorted, ok?" Celeste assured them.
Fred smacked his head, for he remembered that Celestial was a first year.
"You need to go up with the rest of the first years to be sorted!" He yelled angrily. Fred didn't want to leave her, in case that damn demon was still around. "You guys go ahead, I'll take her to where she needs to be."
"But were not gonna lea-" Lee retorted.
"Just go," Fred commanded. LJ and George nodded and reluctantly walked into Hogwarts. Fred grabbed Celeste's hand as he brought inside the castle. It had been about 3 years since he had stood where the first years were, so he had no idea where to go.
"I think it's here," he mumbled to himself. He dragged Celeste everywhere around the castle. Twice they ended up at a dead end. The whole time he didn't let go of her hand.
"Um, Fred?" Celeste asked quietly. Fred looked up. "Why are you helping me? I just dropped in on your compartment and into your life, followed by a demon. I've brought nothing but trouble. Why are you so nice to me?" Fred didn't know how to answer that. It was sort of an impulse to help her the moment she walked into the compartment.
"I really can't say," he finally said. "I just want to. I guess you dropping into my, I mean, our life was a good thing." Celeste smiled warmly at him and continued to be dragged around the castle. Finally, they came across a hallway where a bunch of nervous-looking first years stood.
"Finally!" Fred cried, causing all of them to jump and turn around. "Celeste, go stand with them and wait for McGonagle. She'll lead you into the Great Hall where you'll be sorted, ok?" Celeste nodded and squeezed Fred's hand. He chuckled.
"Don't be nervous!" He said. "After that display you showed us on the train, I'm sure you'll be sorted into Gryffindor!" She nodded and reluctantly let go of his hand. She squeezed herself into the small space of first years and waved good bye to Fred. All of the first years stared amazed at Celeste. It was beginning to annoy her.
"Hey midgets!" Fred yelled, annoyed by them, too. Funnily enough, all the first years turned. "Stop starin'! You never seen a giant before?" Celeste glared at him as he chuckled. The young students stared at her even more intently than before.
"Giant?" one of them squeaked out. "Wow! Really?"
"No," Celestial said. "Try angel." If it were even possible, their eyes grew wider inside their heads. Not two seconds later, the woman who she assumed was McGonagle entered the hallway.
"Follow me," She said. All of the students stopped staring at Celestial, finally, and entered the great hall. Celeste looked behind to see if Fred was still there, but he was gone

"So, youre an angel?!" Fred asked incredulously.
"Well, was." Celeste corrected. "That demon, Koga, turned me mortal." She added bitterly.
It was real late, about 2 in the morning. Fred, George, Lee, and Celestial didn't want anyone to hear their conversation. They all sat around the fireplace in a small circle as Celeste told her story.
"God sent me down to help pure the hearts of Chicago," Celeste explained. "For thousand and thousands of years, angels and demons have been fighting in war, a war over Earth. Angels have been purifying the hearts of people all over the world. Demons have been trying to poison them. If an angel can purify a heart before a demon can get to them, they will be saved. But if a demon gets there first..." She didn't continue. Celestial allowed their imaginations to fill in the blank. George stared at her appalled and Lee stared at his hands. Fred's face was blank as he gazed into the fire.
"That demon, Koga," Celeste grimaced when she said his name. "Was trying to stop me from purifying hearts. I had no back up, so I was alone. He managed to chase me out of the city. Demons are so much stronger than angels." Fred looked up at her and saw how fragile she was. A demon could snap her in half. He grimaced.
"My next charge was here at Hogwarts," she continued, looking around the room. "So I thought, why not? He'll never find me here. Boy was I wrong." Even though she was no longer an angel, the boys saw the angelic features in her still. Everything she did was small and petite.
"Question!" George shouted, raising his hand. "How exactly did you become an, well an angel?" Fred and Lee looked up in interest. It took her a minute to answer.
"I died." She explained quietly. "God decided I was pure enough to become an angel. I slowly went through the ranks and became what I am today!"
"Does that mean you died when you were 16?" Fred asked sadly. Celestial nodded slowly.
"I, I dont want to talk about it." She said, blinking back tears.
"But, how did you-" George started.
"Enough George," Fred cut off. "She doesn't want to talk about it." Lee stared at him, shocked. They had never seen him so serious before. Never.
"So, now I'm here! Celeste added, changing the subject. At Hogwart's School of Witchcraft and Wizardry! A true Gryffindor! The boys chuckled. She was so proud of herself.
"Are you really a witch, though?" Lee asked suddenly. Celeste sat back down. She thought she was done explaining everything.
"Well, no." She said glumly. "I am, well was, using my angel powers as magic. I don't even know if this wand will really work for me." Celestial pulled her wand out from he bag and gazed at it sadly.
"Well give it a wave!" Fred suggested cheerfully. "The worst you could do would be to turn George and LJ into a frog, and I'm sure no one would mind that! The ex-angel giggled as the others glared at Fred. "Always a pleasure to make a lady laugh!"
"Go ahead and wave it!" Lee said impatiently. Celeste nodded her head and gave a slight flick to her wand. A giant ribbon-like rainbow erupted from the tip of her wand and wound its way around her. Celeste giggled as if the strand of colors were tickling her. The boys stared in awe at the color show before them. She really was a witch. The rainbow lifted small strand of her hair up and brushed gently against her body.
"Well that was flippin sweet!" Fred yelled as the rainbow disappeared. George and Lee nodded in agreement.
"Wicked!" Lee added. "So you were a witch all along! Were you a witch when you were alive?" Celeste shrugged and put her wand back in her bag.
"I don't know," she explained. "I don't remember much from my past life, just how I died." LJ stretched his arms in the air and yawned, obviously faking that he was tired.
"I'm tired mates," he said. "I'm off to bed."
"Me too," Fred agreed. "Frogs, angel, good night and don't let the bed bugs bite!" Fred and Lee stood up and left.
"'Night," George mumbled. It was only him and Celeste in the common room now.
"George?" Celeste began. George looked up. "Is there something you wanted to say?"
"I was just wondering if you still had any of your angel powers left," he mumbled. Celeste laughed.
"They weren't exactly powers!" She giggled. "More like gifts. Why do you ask?"
"I wanted to know if you still had them, so you could, you know, help us with our inventions and stuff." George explained. Celeste could tell there was more to it, but was too tired to ask about it. Being an angel, she hasn't been to sleep in a long time. This was an experience she hadn't had in a while.
"Ok then. Well, good night!" she said cheerfully and practically danced up the stairs to the girl's dormitories. George waited a minute before standing up and going to the boy's dormitories. He hadn't said what he really wanted to say. George was curious and wondered why Celeste kept staring at Fred so sadly on the train. As if something bad was going to happen to him soon...

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!" An ear piercing scream filled the morning air. The sixth year Gryffindor boys shot up in their beds. LJ looked at the alarm clock as it read 5:00. He moaned.
"Come on, it's 5 in the morning!" Lee complained. The others groaned with him and laid their head back down on their pillows.
"Well someone should go check it out," Matthew Gobbell said from under his pillow.
"Great job volunteering!" George announced. Matthew threw his pillow at him.
"Someone else go," Matthew said. "I'm too tired." He tried to stifle a yawn.
"Who votes Fred goes?" George announced. The whole room raised their hands. Fred glared at them.
"Fine," he mumbled. He knew he wouldn't be able to fall back asleep anyway. Fred climbed out of his bed and didn't bother putting a shirt on. He climbed down the stairs into the common room to see that a small gaggle of girls was surrounding Celeste. Fred grew tense, for he saw she was crying.
"What happened?" he demanded. Alicia Spinnet was holding Celeste in her arms as Katie Bell sat on the floor. Hermione Granger was rolling her eyes on the other couch. The all the girls, except for Celestial, gasped at Fred and his shirtlessness.
"It's horrible!" Alicia managed say. "You don't have to show him if you don't want to." She added to Celeste. Celeste nodded her head and stood up. She was covering her chin.
"It's, it's, it's," she couldn't seem to find the right words.
"Oh for goodness sake, it's a pimple!" Hermione spat out. Celestial nodded her face sadly and covered her entire face as she cried.
"You could be at least a little bit nicer about it, Hermione!" Alicia said, glaring at her. Fred started laughing. All the girls looked up at him. Celeste poked her face out of her hands. She didn't glare at him but stared at him curiously.
"Are you seriously crying over a pimple?" He laughed. Katie and Alicia glared at him instead. Celeste stared at him for a long minute. She suddenly began laughing around with him. The girls stared at them.
"Ok then," Alicia said. "I'm going, um, back up stairs." She left along with Hermione and Katie. They all stared at Celeste weirdly as they left. Fred pulled her into a hug and they laughed together. He wrapped his arms around her head.
"Wait, why are you laughing?" Fred asked, his laughter dying. He let go of her. "Weren't you just crying a minute ago?"
"I can't help it!" she explained. "When you laughed, it made me want to laugh. I can't explain it!"
"Let me look at your chin," Fred began and she pulled away, shaking her head.
"No!" she refused.
Fred laughed again.
"Come on, don't be afraid!" Fred soothed. Celeste slowly pulled her hand away from her chin and he saw the slightest blemish on her chin. He chuckled again.
"I guess it's been a while since you last had one, eh?" He said. "That one's not even that big!" She shrugged.
"Just start using face wash, alright?" Fred suggested. "They should go right away." Her face shot up.
"They?" She asked. Fred laughed again.
"I'm just kidding!"
Celestial glared at him. He rolled his eyes. Celeste stared at him for a minute.
"Did you know this is the second time you held me shirtless?" she pointed out. Fred had to work to keep himself from laughing.
"Like the pecks, eh?" he asked smugly. "I've been working out over the summer!" Celestial giggled as he flexed.
Suddenly Celeste stiffened and her head whipped towards the window.
"What is it?" Fred asked worriedly. Celeste didn't answer him. Instead, she walked slowly towards the window, one step at a time.
"Get down!" she screamed. They both ducked down just in time, for a man had just crashed through the window. Glass shards flew everywhere around the room and littered the floor. Fred protectively shielded Celestial from harm and pulled her behind the couch. When the glass shower had stopped, the two on the floor looked up. Koga was leaning casually against the wall, his black wings floating gracefully around him. His young, ageless face glinted in the morning light. His small lips were curved up into a devious grin. Celeste could hear a small growling coming from Fred's throat.
"Hello again, angel," Koga greeted casually. Celestial swallowed.
"What are you doing here?" she asked as she and Fred stood up from the ground. The demon shrugged.
"Just checking up on you, I suppose," he explained. His black hair hung lazely over his face. "How's life? Being mortal, I mean."
"Get out," Fred commanded, pointing his wand at Koga. This didn't faze him.
"Oh please, wizard," Koga scoffed at Fred's wand. "I could easily block any of your simple sp-" Fred cut him off by firing a spell at the demon. Like he said, he easily blocked it with the wave of his arm. Koga smirked.
"See?" he said. "Now, one of my spells..." he held his arm up and opened his hand. A small blue fire suddenly formed in his palm. He whipped the spell at Fred. Celeste knocked him out of the way. Koga's smirk didn't move.
"You know what I just realized?" he asked, as if they were friends. "If any mortal female were to see me, they would instantly fall in love. That doesn't appear to be the case with you. That intrigues me." His smirk grew. In a second, he was by the former angel's side. Koga grabbed her around the waist. He flashed a set of perfectly white teeth at her.
"What is it that makes you immune to me?" he wondered out loud. Celeste glared at him, but knew she wouldn't be able to free herself from his grip. Fred, on the other hand, shot another spell at him. Again, he blocked it. People began pounding on the dormitory doors.
"I sealed the doors shut," Koga explained, not taking his eyes off of her.
"Let go of her!" Fred screamed. Koga didn't look away, but merely shot another spell at him. Celeste wasn't there to save him this time. It hit Fred square in the chest and he fell backwards.
"NOOO!" Celestial screamed when he didn't get up. There was nothing she could do. Koga let out a booming laugh that shook the castle. Celeste wanted to be by his side. She wanted to see if he was all right. She wanted to kill the demon that held her captive.
"I can feel how fast your heart is beating," Koga chuckled. "You must be fond of this human. That can be fixed." He held his arm up again and prepared to shoot another fireball at him.
"NOO!" Celeste screamed and tried to pry herself from his arms. He wouldn't budge. He raised his arm higher and higher, preparing to fire.
"Please, stop it!" she cried. He seemed to be getting some strange amusement from her pain for he laughed again. She didn't know what to do. Her head whipped around the room, looking for some way to save Fred. There was only one option. She swallowed and grimaced at what she was planning to do. She stepped onto her tiptoes and leaned in and kissed him. At first, Koga did nothing. His fireball dissolved into his hand. Koga's shocked eyes gazed down at Celeste. Within the blink of an eye, Koga flew out the window, releasing all spells that he had put on in the room. Celeste collapsed onto the floor just as the dormitory doors opened and the Gryffindors began piling out. The last thing she saw before she slipped into unconsciousness was Fred's body laying on the floor only two feet away from her.
♠ ♠ ♠
What did you guys think?? do you like it?? should I continue?? cause i have chapters 1-5 already written. I also have a bunch of other stories, if you want me to post those, too. just message me and rate and tell me what you think.