It Stinks Being an Angel

An Unwanted Visitor

The next few days were pretty quiet. Nothing exciting. Nothing eventful. Just going to class and then back to the common room. It wasnt until Saturday that things got interesting. It was extremely warm outside for September. Felt like ninety degrees to Celeste. Her, Fred, George, and Lee were sitting outside on the grounds, enjoying the nice day. Celeste was on a rock looking over the lake where she was reading her History of Magic book. George and Lee were in the grass playing exploding snap and Fred was leaning against the rock Celestial was on, just gazing out onto the lake.
"Are all books this boring?" She asked suddenly, pulling Fred out of his trance.
"What?” He asked dazedly. "Oh, no. Just that class. Nobody likes it, but are forced to do it."
Celeste was thoughtful for a second. Then she closed her book and stretched.
"Let's do something fun!” She shouted. "Want to put dungbombs in the toilets on the third floor again?"
"When did you get so wild?" Lee joked.
"Most likely when she was hanging around us, Lee," George answered and Celeste sighed.
"I'm just bored. I don't want to do my homework anymore." She explained. "I had forgotten how boring it all was."
"I like her being wild," Fred said with a grin.
"Let's go back to the castle," George began, but then stopped. He looked up into the sky where a small, white light was flying towards them at a fast pace.
"What the hell is that?" Lee asked, cupping his hands around his eyes to see it better. No one could answer him. The light grew closer and closer to them and as it did it seemed to get larger and larger. In a small bust of light, it exploded, causing the three of them to fly backwards. The light finally began to dim as they began to stand up.
"Ooof!" someone cried. They looked over to where Fred was standing and saw someone else. That someone was standing no top of Fred, as Fred’s face was stuck in the ground. That someone was a man. A good-looking man. He was tall and blond, wearing all white. He had short hair and hazel eyes that just seemed to sparkle. He was standing with his hands behind his back, gazing sternly through the small crowd. The man had a goldish glow around him.
"Hello, mortals," he greeted casually. "I am on a quest to find an angel." Celestial squeaked at the word, ‘angel,’ and ducked behind George.
"No angels here!" she laughed.
"Efuse me, but con you pease get uff of me?!" Fred yelled from the ground. The man jumped back in surprise, releasing Fred from the man’s hold.
“So sorry, good man,” He apologized, helping Fred up. “Can't exactly control where I land. Now, about the angel. I can sense there was an angel's glow around here before. You have seen her. Now tell me, where is he?”
"Sorry, but there aren't any angels around here,” Fred said, which wasn't exactly a lie.
"Maybe your nose isn't working right," George sniggered, and the man glared at him.
"Wait," He suddenly froze. "I sense a very slight angel aura. She’s very weak. I need to tend to her. She’s right behind you. Sir, please step aside." George didn’t budge.
"That’s just Celeste," George said stiffly. "She's no angel."
"I'll ask you again, sir," The man said, his voice growing impatient. "Step aside, or I will have to do it myself." George stayed planted where he was and crossed his arms. The man sighed and flicked his hand. George was sent flying into the rock. Lee went over to see if he was alright, but Fred went to Celeste’s side and put his arms around her waist.
"What do you want with her?" Fred asked severely, but was ignored. The man began smiling and ran over to Celestial, knocking Fred out of the way. He began to hug her, and she looked very uncomfortable.
"Oh, Celestial! How I’ve missed you!" The man cried. She looked at him uncertainly.
"Am I supposed to know you?" She asked wearily. He was still hugging her.
"But, don’t you remember me?" He asked perplexed. "It's me, Ambion! You must be really hurt. You don’t even have your silver glow!" He began squeezing her tighter.
"Ambion?" Celeste repeated, and was thoughtful. "I think I remember a little bit about you. But not much."
"You must remember me! Think deeply," He budged. The boys saw the light bulb go off in her head.
“Ambion!" She said happily, and hugged him back. Fred swallowed. "So good to see you! I've missed you!" Ambion pulled away and kissed her hand. Fred took a step towards him but was held back by Lee.
"What’s going on here?” Fred growled. "You come here, injure me and my brother, and now you’re kissing my-I mean, our friend! Who are you?" Celestial answered for him.
"Ambion is another angel from heaven!" she explained. "He’s my-" She stopped and looked at the ground uncertainly.
"Her fiancé." Ambion finished for her and their mouths dropped.
"Angels have fiancés?" George asked. Ambion smiled and nodded.
"He’s, um, a higher ranking angle than I am. He’s God’s right hand man," She continued quietly, not looking at any of them in the eye.
"Being God’s daughter, she was arranged to marry me by her father," Ambion smiled. The boy’s eyes popped out of their heads.
"God’s daughter?" George and Lee said together.
"An arranged marriage?" Fred mouthed. Celeste shrugged weakly."Why didn’t you tell us?
"I didn’t think it was important at the time," she explained.
"We were supposed to get married two days ago," Ambion continued sadly. "But then you went missing, and I was so worried! Was it a demon?" Celestial nodded.
"He took my powers away," she said quietly. "And my wings." Ambion gasped.
"That, that jackal!" He growled.
"So, as you can see, she won't be going back with you," Fred said with a smile, pulling Celeste towards him.
"Then I will have to stay here with her," Ambion argued, pulling her towards himself. They played a small tug-of-war game with her until they were separated by LJ and George.
"Stop it you guys! He can't stay with her. He's not a student." George pointed out.
"I can fix that." Ambion said confidently. "But first, I want to spend some quality time with my witherwings!" George almost gagged on his own saliva.
"Witherwings?" He sniggered.
"I really want to hurt you right now," Ambion said bluntly, causing George to shut his mouth. "Come on, let's walk around the lake."
"But Celeste," Fred began to protest, but thought better of it. Celestial looked at him miserably, but went along with him anyways. Fred sat and stared at their backs even after they disappeared. He could not figure out why she didn't tell him about this before. He was troubled by this.
"Come on Fred," LJ said quietly, pulling on his shoulder. "Let's go." Fred didn't move. But continued to sit and stare. George and Lee shrugged at each and headed back to the castle. Fred could not understand this feeling that was inside of him. Was it jealousy? Anger? Sadness? Could he possibly like Celeste? Maybe even love? No. He couldn't. Fred Weasley did not fall in love.
"Impossible," He muttered to himself. "She's one of my best friends. Someone I would do anything for. Then why am I feeling this way?"

"I bet it's horrible being human," Ambion said solemnly.
"Ahuh," Celeste said distractedly. She secretly wanted to go back to Fred and the others.
"Honey?" He said concernedly. "Where's your mind today?"
"Ahuh," she repeated. Ambion took her by the shoulders.
"What is wrong with you, witherwings?" he asked. "You're not yourself."
"Things have changed," she muttered, not looking at him in the eye. "Now that I'm human, we can't be together."
"Sure we can!" he said cheerfully. "I will wait forever until you have changed back to an angel."
"What if that IS for forever?" Celestial said. "What if our feelings change?"
"Then they have changed." He said with a tone full of understanding. "But I don't think my feelings for you will ever change. The moment God introduced me to you, I knew that you were the one. I will love you forever."
"Oh, Ambion!" Celeste gasped, and turned away from him. She didn't want him to see the tears in her eyes. The problem with Ambion's sudden appearance was that she didn't love him anymore. She never did.
"Let's go to this school of yours," He said suddenly. "I need to get enrolled."
"You're going to have to be more human," Celestial pointed out, turning around. "Most humans can't fly or use magic, unless you have a wand of course."
"This shall be a most wondrous challenge!" Ambion said happily. She smiled at him. He didn't change one bit. He held out his arm and they walked together back to the school. Every where they went, someone's head would turn. And Ambion was noticing it as well.