Status: Hope you like!

Torn in Pieces

||Chapter 1||

♤-Chapter 1: Kellin-♤

He hid beneath the blanket as if it were a shield, hearing his mother's screams shatter through the night like discarded glass. His chest heaved in unwanted fear as her pleas fell silent on the ears of his father.

"Mommy?" He whispered, risking a peek from beneath the blanket. He listened as something stumbled and groaned; a shadow looming just outside his bedroom door. "Mommy...Mommy, is that you?"

"Kellin," he heard Daddy say, "open up for Daddy."

"But, Mommy-"

"Open the door, Kellin! Now!"

"No!" Mommy screamed. Her voice sounded broken and torn. "Kellin, sweetie, whatever you do, don't open the door-"

"Open the Goddamn door! Fucking open it!"

"D-Daddy..." Kellin whimpered, slowly crawling towards the door. He could still hear Mommy screaming for him not to. "Daddy...open?"

"Yes, baby boy. Open for Daddy..."

Kellin gripped the doorknob, feeling his fingers go numb. His stomach flipped with unease as he slowly gave the knob a twist-

"Kellin, hun, wake up." I heard Mama whisper as soft, calloused hands rubbed at my naked back. "Wake up, sweetie. Breakfast is ready."

Groaning, I slowly stirred beneath by blanket, digging further into the warmth and ignoring the laughter resonating from Mama. "Go away..." I mumbled drowsily.

"But, Mama needs to get her baby boy ready for his first day of school," Mama cooed. I flickered one eye open and glared.

"I don't wanna," I told her. Mama sighed before leaning over and pecking my forehead. "Get ready and come downstairs. I'll drop you off to get your schedule." She kissed my forehead again and left.

"Dammit..." I grumbled, attempting to try (keyword) untangling my legs from the devouring blankets. I yelp as my foot got caught, causing me to tumble off the bed and onto the floor.

Damn you, gravity...I thought bitterly. My cheek throbbed painfully as if to mock me. Huffing, I opted for crawling towards my closet; I grabbed the golden doorknob and heaved myself off the floor.

Ha! Fuck you, gravity! I cheered silently, doing a little victory dance. I opened my closet door and glared at the variety of clothing loitering about in my closet. Damn...

Deciding on something simple, I plucked a red Guns N' Roses tee from its hanger, and a pair of black skinnies from the floor. I snagged a blur beanie from one of the top shelves along with some blue Vans.

"Hurry up, Kellin!" I heard Mama yell from downstairs. I quickly chucked on my outfit and rushed towards my bathroom. My eyes landed on the mirror, and I slowly ran a finger over the lingering scar running beneath my jaw.

Taking a deep breath, I closed my eyes and breathed in slowly. Calm down, Kels, he isn't here...my fingers twitched, and my wrist began to itch. Everything is alright...everything is alright...

"Kellin!" Mama yelled again. "Hurry before we're late!"

"Coming!" I quickly washed my face and brushed my teeth. Snagging my Nirvana backpack by the door, I hurried out and trampled down the steps leading into the foyer. Mama stood by the front entrance with her keys.

"Ready?" She smiled.

♤♧♤

The car drive there was long and quiet; kinda like in the movies where you stare out the window with a cheesy sad song playing in the background? My fingers twitched as Mama and I strolled quietly into the attendance office.

"May I help you, Ma'am?" Asked a girl with thick, dark locks and bright blue eyes hidden behind a pair of black rimmed glasses. A smile stretched across her flushed cheeks.

"Is this where new students come to get their schedules?" Mama asked. I followed her up to the counter and leant against it.

"Yes, Ma'am! Are you here to sign in a student?"

"Yes, please."

"Well," the girl chirped, digging into a miniature file cabinet beneath her station, "here are the forms regarding your home address, work number, phone number, and legal guardianship. Please fill these out and hand them back when you're done!"

"Thank you," Mama said before going to sit in the waiting area. I followed after like a lost puppy and sat beside her.

After about twenty minutes of sitting in silence, Mama finally got done and handed the forms back in. The girl behind the counter grinned widely, showing off her rainbow braces. She placed a rubber band around the forms and slapped it to the side.

"Okay, may I have your name?" She asked me.

"Kellin," I told her softly.

She typed it into the computer and scrolled down. "Bostwick?" She asked again. I nodded grimly and suppressed a groan. Just hearing that name gives me a chill...

"Okay, here you go!" She grinned widely. "You're in eleventh grade, correct?"

I nodded.

"Well, here is your schedule for the following semester. If you have any questions regarding your schedule, please notify Ms. Cromwell--the attendance counselor. Have a nice day!"
I gave her a smile and followed Mama out into the hall. I glanced at my schedule and groaned.

"Bye, sweetie!" Mama kissed my cheek before rushing out the front entrance. I groaned again and trekked through the empty halls towards my first block class.

♤♧♤

I know it's a little boring, but I promise it'll get better and that you'll soon learn more of Kellin's past.

Next Chapter: Victor Fuentes

895 words
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you liked it! This is my first on Mibba!