She Is Beautiful

Icarus is flying too close to the sun.

The guys and I were grabbing some tacos before a big meeting with our producer. Belle and I's date was all I had been able to think about since I dropped her off at her apartment after the tour. She had looked perfect, as usual, in her purple shirt and jeans. Her hair was pulled up, accenting the curve of her jaw, and I had smiled then as I smiled now, just thinking about it.

"What the fuck is your deal?" asked Danny.

"I'm telling you guys, she is absolutely perfect," I said.

There was a collective groan.

"No, there's gotta be something," George said between bites of a taco. "She's gotta have like...seven toes or something."

"We went on one of those haunted tours a couple days ago," I said. "She was so cute. She got scared by this door that slammed shut and-"

"Haunted tour?" Matt said. "Dude, she's probably possessed now."

"She's not possessed," I sighed.

"Well if there's not anything wrong with her, there's definitely something wrong with you," Dylan added. "You've been on two dates, and you haven't boned her? That ain't like you, ese."

"I just don't want to ruin it. I mean, you saw her! Matt saw her! She's so gorgeous. I can't believe I'm dating her, and I don't want to give her that Charlie Scene impression, you know?"

"Chances are, she already had that impression when she started dating you," George said. He tossed his wrapper in the trash and shook his head. "I can't speak for anyone else - fuck, I haven't even seen her, you know? - but I think you're a little too obsessed with this girl."

"I'm not obsessed," I scoffed. "I just haven't ever felt like this before. It's fucking exciting, man!"

"Guys, I think we've all been there," Jay said. "Remember when I started dating Vanessa?"

"Thanks for having my back, Jor," I said. "You guys'll find it one day, and right now, this is it."

"You've been on two dates," Dylan replied, "and only because I basically asked her out for you."

I shrugged and said, "Okay, so? Guys, really. This is the first girl I've felt nervous and excited around."

"Really, we think it's great, Jordon," said Danny.

"Yeah, it's actually great to see you like this," laughed George.

I looked around and shook my head, "What? Okay, what's going on? You guys are fucking weird."

"Nothing's going on," Danny said. "We're just happy for you."

I took another look around. They seemed sincere enough. I never knew with them. Sometimes they could be very "dude-bro" or they could be supportive in the best ways. I shrugged.

"Well, we have another date tomorrow," I said.

The guys all feigned an "ooooh", and I rolled my eyes.

"Okay, okay," I sighed. "Seriously, what?"

"Well, third date," Matt chuckled.

"Third date? So?"

"Third date so? So you're about to get some, Jordon," Jorel said. "I think Charlie Scene is about to come out."

"It's not like that," I said.

"Well, where are you going?" asked Matt.

"We're - uh - we're going to my place," I said.

Another collective "ooooh".

I snorted and said, "Say what you will, but I am crazy about this girl."

"We know," Dylan sighed, "we've only heard like a hundred times."
♠ ♠ ♠
I apologize for this update being short and very filler. I've been insanely busy at work and with moving. I will update again as soon as I can.

Thanks, everyone! You are all so wonderful!

Title credit: "Icarus" | Bastille