He Is Mine

Chapter II

Day 197
You are my friend.

It was a Saturday morning and I opened my eyes to a warm object nuzzled into my shoulder. The T.V. was still on and I was leaning on the edge of the couch. We had a few beers last night...and a conversation that brought peace to my mind. I apologized for not staying in touch at least three times and he brushed it off and said that he was very busy with school and work. I had a hard time believing that. Everything will go back to normal and we'll be friends again. Although, his words from highschool still echoed in my mind, I love you.
I decided I would be a considerate person and make coffee for two. Auburn woke up to the scent of roasted coffee beans and it brought a smile to his face. His hair was a frizzy mess of sandy blonde and his white button up shirt from the day before was now untucked and three of the top buttons had come loose. In the morning light you could see my billions of freckles that covered my cheeks. I adjust my glasses and handed him a cup of coffee.
"Thanks." He took the mug with two hands and sipped it.

I studied him. He doesn't look like the type to be courageous enough to knock out a thief. He's about 5'9 with big brown eyes and pinkish cheeks. He looks more like the type to work in a toy shop and sell teddy bears to little kids.
"You haven't changed a bit Ash."
"Hmm?"
He simply smiled at me and I looked rather confused.

I took him home and then I went to work. I had the night shift. I arrived at my office and saw that all of my stuff had disappeared. My boss Shannon walked up to me, her clipboard in hand and   with a reluctant look on her brow, "I'm sorry Ashton. You've been moved to a different department."
"What? Is this a joke?"
"Sadly not." She looked down at her clipboard and handed me a file. "Go up to floor 9..its room 9A on the right. Your stuff has been moved there."
I took the file and made my way to the elevator with deep annoyance. I looked in the file,
"The romance department!?" I said out loud in shock.
I opened the door to 9A and a sudden strong scent of cologne and fresh paper punched me right in the nose. I slowly walked in and my new boss stood before me. Very tall, very toned and very charming. His name was Frans Harkens, his hair was a very light brown, nicely defined cheekbones and a five o'clock shadow that complimented his piercing blue eyes.
If handsome was a person..it would be him.
I was very disoriented  but more concerned to the fact that the majority of the floor were males.
He smiled at me and said, "welcome, you must be Mr. Ryan. I'm Mr. Harkens, we don't mess around up here. I'll show you your desk and then tell you what you will be doing."
"Yes sir."
I was showed my new desk and all of my stuff was in a box on top of it. I signed and began unpacking. I looked around at my new co-workers they were all talking and giggling as they wrote on their computers and answered phone calls.  'Don't mess around huh?'
It was a long night relearning how to do everything. It was about 4:30 am and my mind was on Auburn of all things. I missed him and I wish that night lasted longer for some reason...I began to walk to my car and I drove back to my apartment. I was unlocking my door and another man walked up to his door and began to do the same. Great I have a new neighbor. I looked up at him and my jaw dropped,
"M-Mr. Harkens?"

He smiled at me, "you can call me Frans outside of work. It appears we're neighbors Ashton. "
I nodded, "well welcome, if you need anything let me know.." I opened my door finally after struggling to get my key in the lock and shut it behind me and locked it.
'I can't afford to move away. This position is only temporary right? Shit...'
♠ ♠ ♠
More to come