He Is Mine

Chapter III

Day 200
I'm cold, hold me.

I had managed to crawl through that first Monday and make my way to Friday and then the weekend hit me like a fresh winter breeze. It was getting colder and colder in the city and I finally had a reason to wear sweaters. I invited Auburn over for dinner. We kept in touch all week with messaging and occasionally a phone call. Our relationship was escalating quickly into something I didn't know it would until that very night. We had my homemade sushi and it was so good we ate all of it and then sat down outside on the balcony to drink a couple of beers. He was gazing off into the night and the breeze ran its fingers trough his hair making it dance across his face. He looked back at my hard stare with a half smile.

"Do you love me Ash..."

My eyes widened and I looked away, "What makes you say that?"

"You stare at me with the weirdest look on your face."

We both looked back at eachother and let out a short laugh. Little did we know, someone was staring at us with eyes full of jealousy and hatred...not love.

"Let's head inside it's freezing.." I said and we both went into my apartment. It was 2 am.
" I guess we lost track of time. " he said putting his empty beer can in the recycle.
"Why don't you stay the night."
He smiled, "I'm not sleeping on that lumpy couch..."
"You can sleep with m..me.." I realized what I said and then I felt my cheeks burn up. I felt his hand touch my face and I looked at him. He brought his face closer and closer till his breathe brushed against my lips.
There was a knock on the door, I pulled away and I looked through my peep whole. It was my boss.
I opened it, this time was normal for him because he always worked nights so I didn't question it as much as I should have,
"Hey Ashton I was wondering if you could come into work this morning we're short two people, sorry for not calling I just thought it would be easier to talk to you in person. "
I hesitated, "well I haven't slept yet...and-" his eyes seemed to dig deep into my skull like knives,
"I suppose I can come. Just give me an hour and I'll be right there."
He grinned and said with a much cheerier voice, "very good, I'll see you in a bit." Auburn caught a glance from my boss and I could tell it wasn't a good one. I closed the door and turned around and looked down at Auburn who was staring at the door still.
"You can just sleep in my bed. I'll only be there for a couple of hours and i'll bring you breakfast."
He looked kind of upset in a way but then he smiled at me and with a nod he said, "that sounds good to me. I'll see you then." He went to my room and got in my bed. I took a shower then got dressed and went to work.

The thought of Auburn laying in my bed, under my covers, on my pillow was kind of...comforting in a way. I'm not sure comforting is the right word but, it made me...happy. I couldn't wait to be done with work so I could see him again-
"So was that your boyfriend?"
I jumped and looked up at Frans who was setting a stack of papers on my desk,
"uhm...no not really. He's my best friend-"
Frans cut me off again by saying, "would you like to get a drink sometime? It'd have to be next weekend of course."
I looked down at my papers, "yeah sure that sounds like fun.."
'Not really...' I thought to myself as I got to work.
I bought us some good ol' McDonals breakfast and coffee, we had breakfast together and then he had to go to work.
As he walked out the door he turned to me and pressed his lips against mine. A wave of goosebumps washed over my body and I blushed immensely. He pulled away and smiled and walked out the door closing it behind him.
I stood there staring at the door with my hand over my lips.
♠ ♠ ♠
To be continued.