Goodbye Number Five

Goodbye Number Five

I sat in the chair trying hard not to succumb to tears. I knew this was hard for me, so it must've been harder for him. Besides I was nothing more then a personal assistant. Granted that I wasn't his personal assistant, but he had truly became my best friend. I was seriously going to miss him. More then I wanted to let on. Against my wishes a year slipped out of my eyes and down my cheeks. He was quick to wipe it away.

"Faith don't cry." He said barely over a whisper.

"Its Faye you twat." I said punching his shoulder lightly. I laughed as he feigned hurt. He smiled at me and I knew that was what he was aiming for. I sighed and tried to recompose myself. "Did you at least tell everyone else? You think my reaction was bad, Tori is going to lose it." He sighed as he rubbed his hand through his already messy hair. Making it borderline unruly.

"I was kind of hoping that my best friend would come and help me tell our other friends. Besides I can totally handle Tori."

"You think you can. It's not easy though. Come on before I change my mind." I grabbed his hand and pulled him off the tour bus as we began to walk towards the stadium on which they would be playing. Against my constant pleading the day of when we first met came to mind.

The day was hot as Tori and I walked away from yet another failed interview. I was getting tired of this. Either we didn't have enough experience, or we didn't have enough education. How could we get either when we had no money to continue education, and no one would give us a chance. I groaned as Tori pulled into Baskin and Robins.

"I don't get it, how come we can't get a job?" I complained before eating a spoon full of cookies and cream ice cream and moaning.

"Well it seems like we can't get normal jobs. I swear if we walked into a nudity bar we'd get hired on the spot." Joked Tori and even though I knew she was only trying to lighten the mood with a joke, I wanted to punch her dead in the throat.

"Tori..." I warned only to have her glare at me.

"Please Faye, don't. Its not like we could be personal assistants to....I don't know One Direction. I would totally love that as much as you would, but we just aren't that lucky. We have nothing but bad luck. Its in our blood." She ranted. Before I could saying anything I was cut off.

"Well I guess you luck is about to change. Harry and Niall can definitely use a personal assistant." Said Louis from a booth behind us. If my face mirrored anything like Tori's then I can admit that I was beyond shocked.

"Dibs on Niall." Said Tori blushing lightly. I knew it was because she was face to face with Louis. I sighed and pinched myself to make sure this was real.

"I guess that means I'm all your Styles." I laughed.

"Gosh, I hope so." He said causing my cheeks to heat up even more.


"Penny for your thoughts?" Asked Zayn bringing me out of my thoughts as he opens the stadium doors for me. I mumbled a quick thank you before going through.

"Just thinking about the day that my luck changed according to Lou." He laughed as he rubbed the back of my neck.

"Yeah, its been three years since then and I still remember it clearly. I guess now is best to tell you why."

"Why what?" I asked intrigued.

"Well it was a group agreement,but I was the one that suggested it. Way before we began to eavesdrop. I kinda wanted to snog you." He said blushing slightly.

"Something tells me that you still want to." I teased as we finally reached the room where the rest of the guys and Tori were. Liam and Niall were in the corner strumming their guitars and the sound was beautiful. Tori was sitting on the couch with Harry and Louis. His head was on her lap and his feet was on Harry lap. I rolled my eyes. This was typically the everyday thing.

"Tori, do you ever do your job?" I questioned with a hint of a laugh."

"Actually I did a lot more then needed. I made sandwiched and Hazza confessed that they only hired us three years ago because we were cute."

"Tori, you weren't suppose to tell." Whined Lou as she rubbed his hair. She blushed and mouthed a sorry. I rolled my eyes before going over to the table and picking up one of the sandwiches that Tori made and taking a bite. I moaned.

"Damn girl, its been so long I forgot how good you're sandwiches are."

"Got a one with bacon?" She asked and I could her the smile in her voice.

"Yhup." I said taking another bite. "Zayn you can't wait forever." I said sitting next to Liam as everyone focused on him.

"What's up Mate? Got something you need to tell us?"asked Niall sitting his guitar on the floor.

"Actually I do. Look I love you guys as brothers, but..." He stopped and looked at me for encouragement. I stood up and grabbed his hand squeezing it slightly. "I guess what I'm trying to say is that I know I have four friends forever, and I'll always have the memory of this. This will be my last show. Not going to say it'll be forever, after a few years if you guys decide you want to do a reunion tour I'm all for it. It's just I can't do this anymore. I'm so stressed out and the media is so frustrating. I get that I can never go back to a normal life style, but I can at least get a kind of relaxing amount of time. Who knows, one day I'll even come back." He stopped talking and the room grew quite. I knew everyone was just trying to process his words. To my surprise Tori stood up and came to hug him.

"I'll miss you Zayn. Promise me you'll keep in contact."

"I promise Tori. Keep a look out for my mates for me."

"Alright."

"One Direction you're on." Said a crew member coming to the door. Everyone left. Niall with his arm over Tori's shoulder and Louis holding her hand. I just knew she was crying.

"Wait for me after the show?" He asked nervously. I nodded my head yes wanting to cry. This was it. The final show for One Direction with Zayn Malik.

-3 hours later-

"Thank you guys for coming!" Yelled Liam as the ran off stage. The concert was over and Tori and I were in tears. It was a bittersweet thing.

"Awe. Guys we're going to miss him too. Stop crying."said Louis coming over to hug us. Before we knew it we were being enveloped in a group hug. I laughed as they all started to pull away. Wiping my eyes I turned to see Zayn watching me.

"I guess this is goodbye best friend." I laughed awkwardly.

"More like a see you later Faith." I rolled my eyes.

"What did you want to talk to me about?"

"Oh yeah." Before I knew it his lips her pressed against mines with his hands on my waist pulling me closer. My hands was on the back of his neck trying my damnest to deepen the kiss and hold him there forever. Unfortunately we both had to pull away and catch our breath.

"I'll miss you Faith. Goodbye."

"Goodbye number five." I teased with a small smile and red cheeks as he kissed me again. I was truly going to miss my best friend.
♠ ♠ ♠
For McLover. You know why. Lol