Status: Active

Then I Found You

Chapter 1

With a smile she knocked on the door that belonged to the house of Brian Haner , her best friend since pre-school.

He opened up the door in merely a few minutes , he had to come out of the shower because he was wearing a fluffy towel around his waist and nothing else.

“Wow , this is one hell of a view” She smirked

“Hey baby girl. What brings you here?”

“Well , when I’m bored I bake” she said showing him the bowl filled with chocolate chip cookies.
“What about your poor boyfriend? Shouldn’t he get some cookies as well?” Brian teased as he kissed her on the cheek , allowing her into the home.

Marissa Sawyer looked up at her best friend with a smile. Her red lips in a smile as she ran a hand through her blonde hair.

“He’s already eaten almost all of the cookies I gave him. He’s over at my apartment now”

Brian gave her a knowing smirk , he was well aware about the fact that he said ‘boyfriend’ and she didn’t object.

“What?” she asked as she leaned forward to pat Pinkly , the white fur ball Maltese puppy.

She picked the dog up before looking in Brian’s chocolate eyes. He’s not yet answered her question.

“Oh nothing.” he sung smirking uncontrollably. “It’s just that I said ‘your poor boyfriend’ and you didn’t object like you normally do”

“I didn’t even realize” she said shrugging , “I’m so used to the fact that you guys always call Matt my boyfriend I don’t even realize it anymore”

“Or” her best friend piped in , “you’re finally admitting that you and Matt are together”

“He’s not yet asked me” she rolled her eyes , “therefore he’s not my boyfriend. I’m not his girlfriend , and we’re not together”

Brian laughed at how she spelled it out to him. He shrugged and changed the subject knowing that he’s right and she’s just not ready to admit it.

“So Libby called me” he said

“What did she want?” Marissa asked , already angry. Libby was Bri’s whore of an ex girlfriend that cheated on him through the entire relationship not once considering his feelings.

“Wanted to get back together” he shrugged , “I told her to go to hell”

“Good” Marissa said , “and if she ever calls you again you tell me. I will kick her ass”

“Alright , tiger” he joked smiling when he heard her laugh.

When she finally left Bri's house , and walked into her own she shares with her brother since her mom died a year ago and her dad works as a chemical engineer in Italy , she was met by a pouty Matt with cookie crumbs on his face.

“You left me alone” Matt said pouting , “I don’t like being alone”

Marissa rolled her blue eyes at Matt. “Sorry big baby. I dropped off the cookies at Brian and we started talking”

“You know if Bri wasn’t like your brother , I’d be jealous”

“Oh , and why’s that?” she asked raising an eyebrow.

“He knows how I feel about you” was all Matt said blushing. He’s never told her how he feels about her , all she knows is that he likes her but she doesn’t know to what extend.

“Why don’t you let me in on that?” she asked softly

Matt’s blushed increased as his heart hammered against his chest. This was it , the moment he’s been waiting for. The moment he’s been dreaming about since he met her which was over 8 years ago.

“I’m in love with you” he whispered.

Marissa smiled , her eyes shining like diamonds.

“I love you too” she said.