Status: Active

Then I Found You

Chapter 4

Breathe in. Breathe out.
Breathe in. Breathe out.

The ringing in my ears continued, the loud banging in my head unaffected by my moaning.

Where am I?

What’s going on?

Then I remembered the events of earlier. I heard soft groaning next to me.

Marissa!

“Babe?” I whispered , trying to get my body to respond to save her. I needed to get myself and her out of the car.

It took her a minute or two to talk. She was moaning and groaning in pain.

“I’m fine” she whispered

“Alright , I’ll get us out of here okay? I promise”

“I know” she smiled weakly.

I kicked the door open with all the strength I could muster up and pushed myself out of the car. I walked to her side of the car and punched the window open.

“This will hurt just a tad bit” I said softly. She nodded and told me that it’s fine.

I pulled her through the window , fortunately for me she was small and the window big.

“Shh baby I’ll get us help” I whispered as I lied her down in my arms. I pulled up my slightly shattered phone and called an ambulance.

“They’ll be here in a couple of seconds” I reassured her. She nodded and buried her head in my chest.

“I love you”

“Love you too” I whispered. “Babe.. I know now’s not the best time. But I need to tell you something”

I couldn’t finish my sentence because the ambulance arrived and helped her then helped me. There was nothing really wrong with me except for some scrapes and bruises but I wanted , I needed to go with her in the ambulance.

I wanted to tell her what I do for a living. I needed to get it off my chest once and for all.

I was close to losing her today , and there’s no way I can live without her.