Status: Active

Then I Found You

Chapter 8

They say you never know what you have until you've lost it.

That's bullshit.

I knew what I had

I just never thought I'd lose it.

It's been two weeks since Maris gave our relationship a time out. She hasn't called , and she hasn't texted me.

I couldn't blame her.

I don't want to talk to me either.

She's talked to Brian , and even though he's refused to tell me what they're talking about , he's told me that she's a mess and I had a lot of shit to clean.

His words , not mine.

I'm currently at work , but my head was not in the least at the case about the men that stole drugs from the Mob. It was at my relationship problems with the only girl I love.

"Matt? Are you ready to go?"

"Huh what?" I snapped out of my thoughts when I heard Johnny's voice from the door of my office.

"You ready to go? We have a meeting with the Russians"

"Uh , yeah. I'm ready" I grabbed the file I thought was for the meeting off my desk and walked to where he stood.

He sigh in sympathy when he looked at me.

"It's not this file Shads." he said softly.

"Oh.. uhm.. maybe.. maybe Bri should go with you. Or Zack. I can't fuck this up , if I do it's over with the Russians"

"Okay. I'll go get Zack. Bri's meeting with Pantera. Go sleep , eat and sleep. You need it."

"Okay. I'm sorry" I whispered.

"Go on." he said and patted me on the shoulder. With a heavy heart I walked up to my bedroom and collapsed on the bed.

I closed my eyes and let sleep come easily.
♠ ♠ ♠
it's short. sorry.
Please comment.