‹ Prequel: Goodbye Number Five

Can I Have This Dance?

Can I Have This Dance?

"How does this one look?" I asked Marrissa showing her what had to be the hundredth dress. It was a simple strapless all red dress, that came to the floor. Something like a ball gown. It had glitter splattered randomly arond the dress that shimmed under the light.

"I know I've said this about like twenty different dresses, but I absolutely love that dress. It's freaking beautiful." She exclaimed as she stood up and circled around me for a better view. "Makes me wish I was going." She sighed.

"You could be going. I still don't get why you aren't."

"We've through this Veatriz. The guys and I all agree that we spend entirely to much time surrounding you and Niall. It's about time you guys got some alone time. What's better then going ballroom dancing. I mean that is a ball gown you are definitely about to buy."

"What about you and Lou? You guys are welcomed to come with us tonight. You guys are always surroded by us also." i pointed out in a matter-of-fact tone with her.

"Don't worry about us, we have our own night planned. We will not be joining you at all." she laughed as we walked up to the register so that I could pay for my dress. Once it was paid for we headed into Shoe time for a pair of heels. " Get black. That way you can wear that new purse, earrings, bracelets, and necklace of yours. They're black also."

"I don't have any new-"

"Shut up and don't question me just do as I say."

"Ass."

She did nothing, but laugh at me as I rolled my eyes.

-4 hours later-

"You look beautiful. Niall is going to have a woody all night."

"Comments like that remind me why you and Lou are perfect for each other."

"Whatever. The guys are waiting. Come on." I rolled my eyes as we left the room and began to walk down the stairs cracking a few jokes and giggling as quietly as we could. It was pointless. As we reached the bottom of the stairs, I could see the guys and Niall who was dressed in a black tux with a silk red button up and a white tie. He was beyond handsome. We said our good-byes to everyone and left out. My mouth dropped as I seen a stretch Honda Limo waiting outside.

"Niall, this was not necessary." I gushed as he opened the door for us. I slid in and he was quick to get in behind me.

"I know Trizzy, but it's not common that we get a date night. I wanted to make it special."

"This has M written all over it." I said as I glared at him. He laughed as he threw his hands in the air.

"Well, I guess I should tell you that, the ballroom where we're dancing has been rented out for the night. It's just for us."

"It's too much Niall." I said my eyes opened wide.

"Still doesn't come close to the amount of love I have for you." he replied with a cheesy grin.

"That was so cheesy darling, but I love you too." I placed a quick kiss on his lips before wiping away the lipgloss on his lips. We drove the rest of the way in silence as we held each other hand. I didn't know where we were going. When we got there all I could do was stare out the window with my mouth hanging to the floor. Before I knew it the door was opening and Niall was gesturing for me to get out first. He had this mischevious look in his eyes that caused my eyebrow to quirk up questioningly.

"May, I help you out ma'am." said a voice stretching their hand out to me. I looked up to see Liam.

"We're you our driver?" I questioned accusingly. He laughed as he nodded his head yes. "I swear I'm going to kill you all."

"Enjoy you night." he said before closing the door and driving off. We walked up the stairs and through the doors and I would be lying if i said my nerves were not on edge. I had the feeling that the surprises weren't going to end anytime soon. We got on the elevator and I was surprised to see him press the top button. There weren't that many floors,but from the look of this place it was quite expensive. Soon the elevator dinged and the door flew opened. The entire place was decorated in red, black and white. I couldn't help the smile the plastered itself across my face as I looked around. There was a table directly in the center of the floor that looked out of place there.

"May I take your jackets?" spoke a voice from behind us. I turned around only to see Zayn standing there with a smile.

"Thanks mate." said Niall trying hard to keep his current composure. I was glad they thought tricking me was a way to get a good laugh.

"You too Zayn. Geesh, I though you were my best friend." I whined as he took my jacket for me.

"I am Triz. Enjoy your night darling." he kissed my cheek before walking away. I looked at Niall as I stuck my hip out and rolled my eyes.

"We should sit down." he said grabbing my hand and leading me towards the table. I sat down after he pulled my chair out for me and watched as he did the same that mischevious smirk coming to his face again.

"Good evening I will be your waiter."

"And I'll be you waitress. The entertainment will be starting soon."

"You've got to be kidding me. Lou, she talked you into doing this too."

"Quite the contrary ma'am. I helped her plan."

"Well thank all of you." i said shaking my head trying to keep the tears from falling from my eyes.

"Don't thank us yet" started Marrissa. "I'll give you a night with Hazza." The lights went down and the beginning to John Legend's- All of Me started. I almost teared up.

"Thank you chick." I said standing up to hug her.

"Anytime." she whispered in my ear.

After about three songs and dinner. It was time to dance. Of course I wanted everyone to join us. It didn't feel right. They had went through all of this they deserved to have a little bit of fun. We decided to hook up my ipod and danced a bunch of group dances. Finally, after dancing with Marrissa for a bit Louis came and stole her away from me. I stood there smiling as they swayed together in their matching waiting outfits and her little baby bump was slightly showing. They were so cute together.

"Excuse me ma'am?" i turned to see Niall smiling shyly at me.

"Yes sir?"

"I've been watching you all night..."

"And do you like what you see?" I teased.

"Indeed i do. Can I ask you something?"

"Of course you can. I admire your honesty."

"Can I have this dance?"

"Yes. Yes you can." We both laughed as he pulled me closer. I placed my head on his shoulder as we began to sway in small circles. Tonight was nothing more then absolutely perfect.

"By the way," he whispered in my ear. "Happy anniversary." i smiled.

"Happy anniversary to you too babe."
♠ ♠ ♠
Feels good to write some pure romance for once.