Chasing Rainbows

I

Image


Image




I stared at my ceiling as I thought about what I wanted to do today. I had just moved to a new town and I still had a lot of unpacking to do or I could go and wander around town. The choice was mine. Did I want to spend all day taking stuff out of boxes or should I spend the day out.

"Fuck it, I'm going to get lunch later." I huffed as I tossed the blankets off. I decided that I would spend the morning unpacking and then go to find a nifty little eater to enjoy my lunch.

I started with the kitchen and got everything out of the boxes and onto the counter to put away. It took me about 30 minutes to set up the kitchen but it felt empty. It felt as if I had left a huge part of my house back in Brighton where I had left behind my family to start over fresh. The walls were a dreadful white color and they made me think of a hospital. The flooring was regular hard wood but it was even dull and boring. Everything about this loft was boring to me.

The living room was a lot larger than the one I had back in Brighton which meant that my furniture was miniscule compared to the room. I knew that I would have to buy a larger sofa just to take away some space in the room. I moved the sofa to sit a few feet away from the TV stand so that I could attempt to take up more room but it was no use.

"Holy hell on fire." I collapsed down on the couch after I had finished moving it back to where it originally was. I wanted to be done with all of this moving nonsense but I had just moved in yesterday and the only thing I had set up was my bed so that I could sleep, now I was really pushing to make friends so that I could get them to help.

I slid a box of knick knacks into the kitchen/dining room and started to unpack it. I put a few things up and tossed out some of the old and ratty knick knacks that I had kept but I felt as though they made my house look weird.

"Damn." I heaved a sigh as I looked at the clock. "I guess it's dinner time now."

Image




The person that had moved in above me was getting on my last nerve with all this furniture being moved around. They had been at it since 9 this morning and it was well after 4. I tossed down my TV remote and slipped on my house slippers to go and have a chat with this annoying person.

"Who in there right mind moves furniture all damn day?" I grumbled to myself as I climbed the stairs. "I am honestly about to knock some fucking wanker out."

I approached the door of the new person and took a deep breath. I banged my fist on the door and waited for the person to come to the door. I was about to punch the door again when the door swung open revealing this absolutely beautiful blonde bird.

"Hi. Can I help you?" She asked me. I looked at her in astonishment. There was not way she had been moving all the shit around by herself.

"Were you moving all that furniture today?" I asked her.

"Yeah. Did I bother you? I tried to wait until a decent hour to start moving my stuff around." She said looking to the ground.

"No, you are good. I had been up by the time you started." I told her and she nodded. "You must've had trouble finding the proper place for your furniture. It sounded like you moved everything at least 50 times."

"Pretty much. My house in Brighton was so much more smaller than this one. So I have a ton of empty spaced that I need to fill." She laughed. "Oh, I want to ask you a question."

"Go ahead. I'm an open book." I shyly smiled at her.

"Where is a good place to eat in this town? I haven't got groceries and I really don't feel like making anything." She looked at me. "Any suggestions?"

"Well there is Nandos." I suggested and she shook her head.

"I want to try something new." She smiled at me.

"Petey's." I told her.

"Thank you." She smiled.

"Oli." I said.

"Bellamy but my friends call me Bri." Bellamy said.

"Well I'll let you go so you can go and get some food. Have a good evening." I told her. She smiled at me before shutting her door and disappearing into her loft. I smiled to myself knowing that I had basically told her to go to the nearest pub because they had great food and my band was playing their tonight.

Image




Oli. I had seen him before somewhere but I wasn't quite sure where. He probably just had one of those faces that are common but it wasn't just his face. It was all his tattoos that he was covered in. I had seen them all before.

I shook my neighbor from my head and grabbed my purse and keys before heading for the door. I shut off the lights and I was on my way.

The streets were a bit confusing to travel down as the sun was going down. I knew that I would get lost and I was now wishing that I had ordered to have pizza delivered or something. I was about to give up and head home when I saw the neon sign that read "Petey's". I heaved a thankful sigh and pushed open the door. My ears were greeted by the acoustic version of Bring Me The Horizon's new song Drown. I was really enjoying it but in my quest to get food, I didn't pay any mind to the band that was playing, I only knew that they sounded a lot like the singer of BMTH.

"What can I get you?" The bartender asked me as I approached the bar.

"Oh. Something greasy." I told him. He smiled and left me to sit at the bar. I quietly thanked him for knowing what a girl needed.

"What about a drink, love?" He asked me. I told him that I only wanted a coke and he set it down in front of me and popped the lid open. I sipped my drink as I listened to the band for another song before the stopped playing and said something about a break.

"Is this seat taken?" A man politely asked me. I shook my head without bothering to look at him. He took the seat to my right and I glanced at him to see Oli.

"Are you stalking me?" I asked him. He shook his head and I noticed the in-ears that were hanging down on his shirt. "No fucking way."

"What?" He asked me with wide eyes.

"Oli Sykes?" He nodded. "Holy shit. Benny is going to lose shit."

"Is Benny your boyfriend?" Oli politely asked me.

"What? No, Benny is my best friend. She loves your band." I told him. He nodded and smiled at me as a burger was set down in front of me.

"And here is your salad, Oli." The bartender said as he put a salad in front of Oli.

"What's going on here, Mr. Sykes?" Four men said as they approached Oli. He looked at them and smiled.

"Lads, this is my new neighbor..."

"The one you were bitching about moving furniture?" The lad with the dark brown hair said.

"Bellamy this is my band. Matt Nichols, Matt Kean, Jordan Fish and Lee Malia." Oli smiled at me even though his cheeks were a bit red.

"Call me Nichols, since there are two of us named Matt." Nichols said smiling at me. I greeted them all and turned to Oli who was posting away on his phone. I ignored him and began to eat my food.

"So Bellamy, do you have a boyfriend?" Kean asked me. I shook my head at his question and turned to him.

"I just moved here. Why would I drag a boyfriend along with me?" I asked him.

"Touché."

"Do you plan on staying long?" Jordan asked me.

"Well seeing as I bought a place to stay and moved all my shit three hours away from home, I'd say that it is safer to guess that I will be staying here a while."

Image


I kicked off my shoes and sat down on the couch. Oli and his friends had walked me home because we had drank more than enough alcohol to last us a week. They didn't want me walking home alone so I waited for them to pack up their instruments and we walked home. I got to know them a little better and we all exchanged numbers so that if I needed any help moving furniture I could text or call any of them.

"God, I like it here."
♠ ♠ ♠
Bellamy's Outfit