Chasing Rainbows

II

Image


Image




I carried the few bags of groceries that I had just bought carefully up the stairs as I tried to be as silent as possible so that I would not wake any of my neighbors since it was half past seven in the morning. I had this strong urge to get up far too early and get some groceries to put in the fridge. Why I wanted to go so early in the morning was a mystery to me.

"Need some help?" His soft voice came as I reached the third floor. I looked up from the stairs and saw that Oli was standing outside his door.

"Yeah, sure." I said. He grabbed most of the bags and smiled at me.

"Isn't it a bit too early to be shopping for food?" Oli asked me. I nodded and then shrugged my shoulders.

"I guess I just wanted to get it done before I started my day." I shrugged. I hoped that I had not left out my canvas that I had been working on all night.

"You must be bonkers." He laughed as we reached my door. I quickly opened the door and Oli walked in and straight to the kitchen with the bags he was carrying. I followed behind him and noticed that my canvas was facing the window which was out of his view.

"Thank you for the help." I told him. He nodded.

"You look like you are about to go to sleep." Oli laughed as he took in my outfit. I looked down at what I was wearing.

"It's actually incredibly comfy." I said pulling my shirt down to cover my midriff. Oli turned his attention to the rest of my loft and started to look around.

"What's that?" He asked pointing to the canvas.

"I... Uh I'm a painter. That is my current work. But I'd rather you not look at it. If you look at it before its finished, I'd have to toss it out." He nodded and looked away from the canvas.

"Painter, eh?"

"Yeah. All the art on my walls is work that I've done." I said proudly looking at all my work. He walked around my loft looking at all the paintings.

"You are really good." He said looking over at me. I looked away and started to put my groceries away. Oli came back into the kitchen and leaned against the counter near me. "What are you doing tonight?"

"Tonight?" I pointed to the canvas and looked over at him. "I really want to finish that while the idea is still in my head so I'll probably work on it for the rest of the day."

"What about if I brought over dinner for us?" He asked me. I thought about his proposition for a moment. I could either eat dinner along or eat dinner with my extremely attractive neighbor.

"How about we aim for 7 then." He agreed and left me to get on with my day. I finished putting the groceries away and went over to the canvas.

"Let's see. Where was I." I smiled looking at the murky paint that held the portrait of a man covered in tattoos screaming into a microphone. I knew it was pretty cliché to paint Oli but he was the only thing on my mind right now.

Image




I picked up some Chinese takeout to take to Bellamy's loft to share dinner with her. There was something about her that had caught my attention from the other night at the pub. She was incredibly real about everything and she had no filter. I liked that about her. She just said whatever she wanted.

As I walked back to the loft, the rain had started to come down and it was starting to soak my clothes. I was really starting to second guess myself and my judgment about this stupid weather. One minute it would be sunny as hell and then you turn around and its pouring.

"Where have you been?" Nichols asked me as I approached the stoop of the lofts. He stood with Kean, Jordan and Lee who were all staying out of the rain.

"I went to get dinner for Bellamy and I." I told them.

"Ooh someone's got a crush on the new girl." Jordan teased.

"Well she is a dime." Lee stated.

"Sure is." A female voice said from the doorway. The guys moved out of the way to reveal that Bellamy was standing there. "C'mon. Let's get you lads out of the rain and get to eating." She noticed the small container in my hand. "Well er... I guess you lads will have to order more food."

"I'll go and get the alcohol." Nichols said. I shook my head at him as he and Lee left the front of the loft.

"Let's get inside before you lads catch a cold. Especially you, Oliver." She said smiling at me. "Head home and change into dry clothes."

Image




"Before I used to be in Bring Me The Horizon... Well I was still in Bring Me The Horizon but uh I worked at Morrisons." Nichols began but he got sidetracked.

"Keep on your story." Oli told him. "Morrisons."

"Morrisons." Nichols laughed. "Before Bring Me The Horizon took off, yeah, I used to have a job at Morrisons, which I guess is like Waitrose. Isn't it?"

"Yes." Oli answered.

"Isn't it stokesy?" Nichols asked.

"Yes." Oli said. "Which one was it?"

"Near Maltby, in Bramley." Nichols said rubbing his face. "What I used to do is driver forklifts around and move pallets and shit, pallets of stuff, about."

"Produce." Oli mumbled.

"Produced, whether it be fresh, frozen. Whatever man, I droved it about. Basically I saw a forklift and Lee said it would be fine if I wanted to drive one. So I started driving one and Sheep booted off. He was like we wll get kicked off of the tour, don't drive a forklift about. But I just droved it, man. And to be fair I had it under control but everyone didn't think I did but I did. had it under control. I knew where the brake was. I knew where the horse power was. But I had it under control. That's the thing at the end of the day, yeah. I had it under control. I could have drived it anywhere you wanted.

"Drived." I laughed. At this point we had all had a little too much too drink. "How the hell did we even get to this story?"

"Not a clue." Oli laughed.

"I'm pissed." Nichols laughed. I shook my head at him as he leaned against the back of the couch with the blanket I had given him up to his chin. Lee, Jordan and Kean had already passed out by this time leaving Oli, Nichols and myself, however; it looked as if Nichols would be joining them shortly.

"Lay down and get some sleep, Nichols." I told him. He nodded at me before literally tossing himself at the ground. I laughed at him before Oli and I silently moved into the kitchen, closing the doors behind us.

"Well." Oli began.

"That was loads of fun." I smiled at him as I sat on the counter.

"We'll have to do it again before we leave for tour." Oli said. I nodded and looked at him with a yawn.

"I'm going to head to bed. I am tired. I'll see you tomorrow though, yeah?" I asked him.

"Yeah."

"Goodnight Oliver."

"Goodnight Bellamy."
♠ ♠ ♠
Bellamy's Outfit