Chasing Rainbows

III

Image[//center]

Image




I woke up the next morning to the sound of rain pounding against my window. I groaned in annoyance at the pounding in my head from drinking last night. I had a great time with the lads last night but today I was feeling quite depressed and I just wanted to shower and stay in bed all day after seeing the lads out.

I wrapped my throw blanket over my body and made my way to the living room where I expected to see the guys but they were nowhere in sight. I looked in the dining room and saw that the table was no longer scattered with empty alcohol bottles and empty food containers. I stepped into the kitchen to see the five lads sitting at the counter. They were all on their phones and sitting over a cup of coffee or tea.

"What are you lads doing?" I asked. They all jumped and turned to me. They all looked hungover and looked like shit.

"Curing the hangover." Nichols whispered.

"I cleaned up as best as I could." Oli told me with a small smile.

"You didn't have to do that." I told him. He shook his head and smiled at me.

"It was the nice thing to do. Tea? Coffee?" He asked me.

"Tea with milk and sugar." I said as I slid into the last bar stool.

"Why do you have so many bar stools?" Jordan asked me. I looked at my kitchen bar and noticed how crowded it was.

"I guess for when I have company." I shrugged. "Not too sure. You lads are the only people I know here."

"Well then I'm putting me name on this stool." Nichols laughed as he wrote his name on a stickypad and plopped it on the back of it.

"But there is only five and there is six of us." Lee said. "Someone is going to be without a chair."

"I will be since this is afterall my loft." I smiled. Oli shook his head as Nichols put Oli's name on the stool I was currently sitting on. "Well I hate to kick you lads out but I'm feeling a bit down and I'd rather be alone." I looked up from my cup to see that all the guys were just staring at me with looks that told me that they were not leaving any time soon.

"No can do mate. Its pissing cat and dog outside right now." Nichols said. I looked out the window and contemplated kicking them out but I decided to just let them chill for a bit.

"Just don't look at my work that I'll be working on by the window." I said as I pointed to the window where my easel was located at. I had a deadline coming up on a piece that I had yet to begin.

"What are you working on this time?" Oli asked noticing that the canvas was empty. I bit my lip because I had no idea what I was going to do today.

"I guess I will figure it out." I told him. He nodded as the guys went over to the TV to watch some rugby match. I made myself a cuppa and went to the spot where I had my easel. As I sat down, I noticed that Oli was in my recliner that faced me but his eyes were glued to his phone. Lee, Matt, Jordan and Nichols were all in a deep conversation and betting on who was going to win.

I shook my head and turned to look out the window. The rain was coming down pretty harshly. I absolutely loved the weather here. It was either cloudy and rainy or it was sunny. But most of the time it was cloudy and rainy which made me happy. I loved the rain because I was able to wear boots and sweaters.

I picked up my brushes and began to paint a girl walking down the straight in black fashion combat boots and a frumpy gray sweater. I painted her umbrella to be a dull red color and added the surrounding area around her before adding the rain.

"Can we order pizza?" Nichols asked. I sat down my paint brush and looked over to see the guys staring at me.

"Hmm?" I asked. I had heard the question but the look on their faces meant that they were trying to get my attention for sometime.

"Can we order pizza? It's past noon." Jordan said. "We'll pay."

"That's fine." I said and I gave them my address so they could have it delivered. The lads quickly went back to the rugby match that was on. I was too enthralled with the masterpiece that was forming in front of me to even pay attention to any of them. I wanted to finish my piece so I could take it to the museum for the art walk that was coming up. I knew that if I had finished it today that it would be dry enough for me to take it tomorrow and I would be able to start another personal project.

"Bri?" Jordan said trying to catch my attention, which he did because he had spoken pretty loudly. I look up at him and placed the paintbrush in my mouth. "Do you want some pizza?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Bellamy's Outfit