Status: Just starting out, please leave suggestions :)

Me Without You (All I Ever Wanted)

One

"If you don't leave now, you won't be able to make it. It's New York on Valentine's Day, Len." Cam said over the phone. I bit my lip looking at the three outfits sprawled across my black bedspread.

"Yeah, I know, Cam! I'm leaving now." I spit through my teeth at my boyfriend. He demanded that we do something this year since last year I refused it with every fiber of my being. Valentine's Day was overrated to me, but to Cameron it was the one day out of the year he would be his nicest, which obviously still was not very nice.

"Lennon, please tell me you've picked your outfit out. You cannot be that dumb. I swear." he mumbled at me. I scoffed.

"Yes, of course I have. I'm not stupid, I knew to pick out the outfit last week and not tonight." I grabbed the black cocktail dress and gold red pumps moving over to the mirror to dress. I slipped them on, and slipped my shoes on while hopping out the door.

"Okay, Lennon... I'm trusting you. They only hold the reservation for an hour past the time scheduled." Cam scolded. I sighed, rolling my eyes. Of course I forgot my coat. I ran back down the hallway opening my apartment door, grabbing the black peacoat on the back of the door.

"Yes, Cameron. I'll see you in a little." I said, hanging up the phone fast before he could insult my lateness one more time. I ran to the elevator, pressing buttons frantically so I could get a cab in the bustling New York City. I stepped outside into the frigid air and hailed a cab right away. Maybe Cameron wouldn't have an excuse to hit me as soon as the clock him 12:01. The cab pulled up and I opened the door, sliding in with a smile on my face.

"Hi. Thanks so much." I said out of breath from the cold. The man smiled.

"Where to?"

"5th ave." I said, biting my lip. Hopefully it wouldn't take too long. I can't stand to hear Cam bitch.

"Ooh, that's gonna be a rough one, but I can probably get you there. There might be traffic, and we might have to pick up another one of you city kids that's going there if that's alright?" he said, turning toward me.

"Yes! That's totally fine!" I said, pulling out my iPhone 6+ and started texting Cam. I was worried. What if I didn't get there in time? I'd have to get my stash of hidden money and get a hotel room for the next week while he trashed my hotel room and ruined all my clothes. This was a game with us. He would be nice, I would fall for it, I would push it a little, he would hit me, we would fight, I would leave, he would ruin everything I owned, we'd makeup and he'd buy it all back for me. But I was getting tired of it. Soon I wasn't going to be around. But we were on a good streak right now.

"Here's someone." said the driver. A guy about 6'1 came and opened the door and looked down. He had brown eyes, brown hair, the most beautiful smile.

"Lennon?" he asked, looking at me in shock. Giving the sexy smile I never forgot.

It happened to be my ex boyfriend, Alex Gaskarth.

"Oh shit."