The Hedgehog Of The Day Will Embrace The World In Grey.

The Notebook

I close both locks below the window.
I close both blinds and turn away.


Shadow sighed as he watched outside. He didn't like the bright light, streaming into his unprotected eyes from the overly blue sky. People mocked him, told him he was a vampire, just because he didn't like the light. As if. He just didn't like the light, it wasn't his fault the blue faker-hog decided to take it the wrong way. But, the rose colored hedge-girl who was usually right beside or behind him seemed to understand, to care even, about how he, the ebony and blood crimson hedgehog felt about things. He had told her numerous times he didn't care about the teasing. He was, still is, and will always be the ultimate life form

"and the ultimate life form is too ultimate to feel anything!" Sonic, the blue faker-hog had interrupted him, yet again.

"Sonniku! be nice!" the Rose color hedge-girl had told him, pushing him lightly on the arm.

"He's right. Although I wouldn't use his exact choice of words." Shadow had told her, he couldn't remember her name at the moment, he had only ever used it once, though he had heard it many times. The faker-hog tossed a notebook at him, it was crimson and black, as was he.

"You should write all your-' he pouted-'depressing feelings-' back to normal-' in there. I hear it's quite normal for ansty depressed girls to write in diaries!" Faker-hog teased. Shadow refused to let his inner anger get the best of him. Shadow walked out of the room, pushing Faker-hog out of the way.


Shadow refused to let the faker get the best of him, The faker was currently in his own apartment. Probably enjoying pancakes or something. Made by Rose no less. Rose was the pink hedge-girl, the one who followed Faker wherever he went. Shadow wasn't planning to go anywhere today, so he crawled back into bed and slept. Shadow dreamt about the death black and blood crimson notebook. Why did it seem so familiar? Why was he resisting the urge to write in it every waking moment? Even now, as he slept, he wanted to write everything down. What it might be like if he had a different personality, if he loved the sun, and went out more.

Shadow woke up. He decided the Faker wanted him to mope around, glaring at the notebook, so instead of proving Faker right, Shadow decided to write down a scenario in the notebook. He titled the top of the page.

'What Things Would Be Like If I was Chipper.'
♠ ♠ ♠
The Notebook is a huge hint to this story!