The Hedgehog Of The Day Will Embrace The World In Grey.

Amy's Role

Sometimes solutions aren't so simple.

I was walking down the street when I saw him. Shadow the hedgehog. I still get nervous aroud him, so I decided not to talk to him today, it just gets too awekward. As I kept walking I kept getting closer and closer to where he was leaning against a telephone pole, watching people, Wearing a red jacket.

"Hey Rose!" He said cheerfully, I stared at him in amazement. How could shadow be cheerful? I've known him for over a year and a half, and he's never been happy or chipper or smiling like he is now. His eyes looked different to. Green. Now that I knew I wasn't dealing with Shadow I felt slightly comforted. It lasted about a second before I realized this was a total stranger. Even creepier, the "Total Stranger" knows my name.

"How do you know my name?" I asked, thouroughly nervous now.

"I'm a friend! Don't you remember Rosey? I'm Shad!" He told me.

Several things were very wrong with this picture.

Firstly, Shadow was entusiastic. Do you know how much that happens?

Secondly, Shadow called me 'Rosey'. Noone, but noone can call me Rosey. Except Sonniku, on occassion.

Thirdly, he called himself 'Shad'. He usually threatens to kill whoever calls him Shad.

As I was thinking, "Shad" must have thought I was ignoring him, and was waving his hand in front of my face.

"Rosey! Hey! Are you alright?" he was asking.

"Me? I'm ok! You? No! You're not ok! You're happy, excited, you called me Rosey! You called yourself Shad! You never do that!" I yelled at him.

He laughed. "Rosey I'm fine! You don't need to freak out." He held on to my shoulders, as if he was deluded into thinking I needed comforting.

"Stop calling me Rosey!" I shouted at him and went home.