Kittens

We Are Not Naming Our Child Thor

Kittens
Disclaimer: Don’t own Cats. If I did, there’d be more slash. And possibly a sequel.
Cocobutterrox: xD Your suggestions sound so. . . Russian! I love it.
Slytherin1595: Cute, I kinda like Alima. . . but I’ve never really been fond of combining parents’ names for the baby. I’ve read way too many anime stories that do that. And thanks for convincing me on the name for Tugger and Misto’s kit!
KenyaCalico7743: Cute, I might use Rose. Patches does fit Alonzo but I’m gonna mix their coats for each kitten so the son won’t look just like Alonzo and the daughter won’t look exactly like Jemima.
A/N: You’ll all be mentioned again in the next Alonzo/Jemima chapter when I finally decide on the names.

Mistoffelees closed his eyes, took a deep breath, and tried to focus solely on his magic. He had used said magic to modify his body slightly to make the birthing easier, and he was now using it to ease the pain. It was a cheap trick, but hey, if humans can have numbing agents then why not cats? The other cats didn’t mind; Rum Tum Tugger was glad that his mate was in less pain than they had anticipated, the adults always felt bad knowing the younger felines were hurt in any way, and anyone within earshot was grateful to not have to hear blood-curtling screams all day.
Misto released a large breath of air after the kitten was finally completely out of his body. It was a boy, with Misto’s face and mostly Tugger’s body. Since he was a newborn he didn’t have a mane, but there was a sandy brown ring around his shoulders where the mane was destined to grow.

A few hours after the birth, Tugger and Misto sat in their shared den trying to think of a name for the kitten.
“How about Lucifer?” Tugger suggested. Misto stared at his mate as though he had grown another head.
“We are not naming our baby after the devil.” he objected.
“You were named after the devil. You have a few letters missing, but still.” Tugger countered. Misto’s eyes narrowed.
“. . . Shut up.”
“What about Loki?” Tugger offered.
“The God of Mischief? Please, the kit will be mischievous enough without a namesake to blame it on.” the tuxedo argued, shaking his head.
“No fun, babe.” the maned tom whined, standing behind his mate and wrapping his arms around the now thin waist. He peered down at the black-and-white head of their newborn, who was happily snoozing away in Misto’s arms.
“Try choosing a sensible name, Tug.” the younger tom laughed.
“What do you want, then? Lucky? Patch? Rolly?” Tugger listed with a grin.
Misto chuckled as he shook his head again. “You’ve been watching human movies again, haven’t you?”
Tugger gave a momentary pout before laughing. “Maybe. But really, what do you want to name him?”
“I don’t know, love. But I want the name to mean something.”
The flirtatious tom thought for a moment before his eyes lit up like they always did when he was excited. “I got it!”
Misto raised a cautious eyebrow as he turned to look at his mate. “What did you come up with?”
“Thor!”
“. . . Thor?”
“Yeah! The God of Thunder!”
“. . . We are not naming our child Thor.”
“Please?”
“No.”
“Why not?”
Misto remained silent. He actually couldn’t think of a sound reason to oppose the name, other than to torture his mate.
“Well??” Tugger probed.
“. . . Fine. We’ll name him Thor.” the tuxedo caved. Tugger pumped a fist in the air and gave a small jump of triumph.
The two toms looked at their baby- Thor- and couldn’t help but smile. Thor gave a rather large yawn before his golden eyes fluttered open. He looked up at his parents with an intrigued and curious expression, reaching a tiny paw up to brush Misto’s whiskers. Misto kissed the miniature paw, causing it to retract and become the center of Thor’s attention. Tugger re-wrapped his arms around the tuxedo’s waist, smiling down at the kitten. Thor blinked a couple of times as he looked up at the maned tom. He then stretched his arm as far as he could in an attempt to reach said mane. Misto chuckled and turned in his mate’s arms in order to hand him the baby. Tugger removed his arms from the slim waist and reached for his son, who immediately latched onto the fluff of fur around his shoulders. Tugger laughed.
“You’ll have your own someday. I know you will.” he promised the kitten, looking at the sandy brown ring that appeared to mimic his mane.
“Just don’t turn him into a womanizer and he’ll be fine.” Misto teasted, resting a paw on Thor’s head.
“I would never.” Tugger replied, faking offense. Misto continued to smile, his eyes shifting back and forth between his mate and his son.
“I can’t deny that he’ll be popular anyway, though. Just look at him.” the younger tom sighed happily. He moved to wrap an arm around Tugger’s midsection and led him to their bed. The two laid down and soon fell asleep, with Tugger’s arms securely around Thor’s tiny body, Misto’s arms lovingly around Tugger’s thin stomach, and Misto’s head on Tugger’s ever-so-fluffy mane.