Kittens

You Could Have Another Son!

Kittens
Disclaimer: Don’t own Cats.

“Thor! Time for dinner!” Mistoffelees called into the clearing of the junkyard, where his son was happily imitating his father. Thor’s mane had started growing, making him look a bit older. His fur pattern from his neck to his toes was identical to Rum Tum Tugger’s, with Misto’s tail and face. As soon as the new female kittens discovered boys, they latched onto Thor. Alakana was a big fan of him as well, much to Alonzo’s annoyance.
“Sorry, ladies,” Thor said with a grin, giving a small bow for the girls, “I have to go.”
The young queens pouted and whined, making Thor promise to come back when he was done. The young flirt mimicked his father’s signature smirk- which looked rather odd on Misto’s fur pattern- and waved to the girls before heading into his den.
“I see you’ve inherited your father’s popularity,” Misto noted with a small smile. While he didn’t like the idea of his son playing all those girls, he did fall in love with the original flirt himself, so he couldn’t really complain.
“It’s just for fun, Dad,” Thor replied, sitting down at the table for dinner. Misto shook his head and sat down next to his son, waiting for Tugger to join them.
“Hey, there’s my boy!” Tugger cried happily upon seeing his son. He ruffled the fur on Thor’s head before sitting down between him and Misto (A/N: Imagine a small, round table that they’re all sitting at).
“Hello, Father,” Thor replied.
“Your son has definitely inherited your personality,” Misto informed his mate. “I just hope he doesn’t gain your old reputation.”
Tugger laughed. “Thor’s just having fun. He won’t harm any of those queens.” He then looked at his son. “Right?”
“Right,” Thor agreed. He gave a quick nod before his expression turned confused. “Hey, Dad? Some of the other cats were called me the God of Thunder. Am I really a god?”
Tugger laughed again. Misto glared at his mate before turning to his son. “No, you’re not a god. You’re just named after one.”
“Really?” Thor asked, intrigued. “That’s awesome!”
Misto chuckled. “Yes. You were named after Thor, the Norse God of Thunder. In mythology, he had a younger brother named Loki, the God of Mischief.”
“Wasn’t he adopted, though?” Tugger questioned. Misto nodded in agreement.
“That’s so cool!” Thor cheered. His eyes then lit up as he looked at his parents. “Hey, maybe you could have another son and name him Loki!”
Tugger grinned at his mate. “That’s a great idea!”
Misto looked horrified. “No way!”