‹ Prequel: Remember Me
Status: Last night I had a dream... Congratulations to Green Day on their Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction!

Dry Ice

They say...

Everyone ages differently.

Some people, they're not creative. They go by the years, they're very precise, they don't forget their ages. Other people, grow and age, by the people they surround themselves with. Example: You surround yourself with druggies, you'll grow to react much the same as them, rather or not you ever did the damn drug. You'll be paranoid as hell, incapable of trusting anyone. But you'll probably feel pretty safe with that gun digging into your back.

Then there's us. I and Billie thought about this once, a few months ago. There is a third kind of person. This person, this aging ability isn't granted by who we surround ourselves in or by years, but by the world we immerse ourselves in. We surround ourselves in music, a genre of punk and rock music, we're all the same, underneath. So that's where the name comes from. Me and Billie came up with the term for people like us.

We call it Dry Ice. Because like dry ice, you give the punks of Rodeo a little bit. A coil of wire and some slabs of wood, they're gonna be inventive as hell. They're gonna come back with a frickin' Gibson guitar. You give us the tiniest drop of water, and it's enough to give us our start. It's enough to get us on our feet.

We're punks, we bounce back like that.

Just like I -eventually- bounced back. Lol. It's taken a long time, I don't know where this goes, but it's home to me and I'll write it. I've got a nice plot written up right now that could use some editing. Chapters will come at you weekly and I won't mess this one up. :)