Status: Updated Weekly

Lucidicy

CH 1: Prologue

Image
It’s so cold outside. There are snowflakes as big as mommy’s eyelashes falling on the ground. Where is mommy? She left me in the middle of the street! I need to show her how big these snowflakes are! Maybe she’s at the ice cream shop with Uncle Ted, still scooping ice cream away to the scary teenagers in the night.
My legs want to skip, so I’ll skip all the way. I’m nearly there, all I’ve got to do is cross the street with the only stop light in town. Daddy never lets me push the button, but he’s not here so I’m going to press it a hundred times to cross safely. There are no cars out, but daddy always presses it anyways just in case so I will too.
“Neeeeiighhh,” I hear, it sounds like a horsey in the middle of the street. He was laying on the ground, so hurt, he’s as white as the snow and hard to see! Poor horsey! I’ll go help him! I run as fast as I can. The horsey, he’s not moving, only laying on his side. He’s so big!

“Horsey?” I tug on his ear. He won’t move.

“Horsey wake up!” I say louder.

“Little one,” I hear a voice. I see a man, all in white poofy looking clothes like a pirate, he is stuck under the horsey. He’s not a scary looking pirate though. He has no beard or eye patch.

“Mister are you ok?” I ask.

“Help me please?” he asked me.

“Is your horsey hurt?” I asked petting its head. He still won’t move, maybe he’s taking a nap. That’s what daddy told me when Rocky the mini pony did. He said Rocky just wanted sleep and be left alone before he went on his big adventure. I miss Rocky, I wish he would visit.

“No…it’s…sleeping little one, but he fell asleep on me and I’d like to get out, will you help me?” the man asked of me.

“Mommy say’s I’m not supposed to talk to strangers.” I told him. It was true, I’m not supposed to. Mommy would be angry at me.

“I’m not a stranger I’m a prince,” he smiled and eyes widened. They were the bluest eyes I’ve ever seen!

“A prince?” I ask. I real live prince! He nodded his head up and down.
I run around closer to him. He reached out his arm and told me to pull as hard as I could. I grab his arm tight and pull. I pull and pull until I see his feet. I helped him stand up tall. Wow! He’s taller than daddy! Before I could tell him how tall he was he got down on his knees and kissed my hand. His lips felt cold. Maybe they will warm up if I take him to get hot chocolate at Mommy’s ice cream shop.
“Do you want hot chocolate?” I ask him. He smiled. “Here, I’ll take you,” I grab his hand, he stands up again. Now I have someone to walk across the street with.

“My name is Sue Ellen, what’s your name?” I ask him.

He looks down at me, “My name is-“
Image
♠ ♠ ♠
Song for this chapter: Tightrope by Joy Williams