Status: Updated Weekly

Lucidicy

CH 6: Lose

Well…now what do I do? I eyed my parents shop as I walked passed, I am definitely not going in there that’s for sure. My mom might flag me down to stay now that I think about it. She was standing at the cash register as I walked past, she noticed me and immediately walked around the counter. DAMMIT. I tried to walk faster, the jingle of the door opened.

“SUE ELLEN!” she said. I sighed and turned. “I’ve been trying to call you all morning, are you alright?” she asked with worry.

“Why wouldn’t I be?”

She put her hand over her chest “Good lord you don’t know?” her face drained of color.

“Know what?”

“Mr. Fitsimmons honey…” she said. I looked passed her and looked into the shop. He wasn’t sitting in there “His grandson came by when we opened…honey…Mr. Fitsimmons passed away.”

My heart immediately caved. That’s not possible, why he was just up and walking around babbling my ear off yesterday. He said he was in the best of health he’s ever felt for his old age.

“I’m sorry honey, I know you liked him so much, you saw him every day.”

Tears started welling up in my eyes. My mom immediately wrapped her arms around me. I didn’t get roped into work, instead my mom insisted that I shouldn’t be alone. The idea of just sitting in the shop doing nothing but staring at that empty seat didn’t sit well with me. So my mom left the shop in my uncles’ care so she could drive me home.
When she pulled up to my place it was nearly dark out.

“His funeral is Monday.” my mom noted as I opened the car door.

“Are you going?” I asked.

“Oh, I don’t know honey, can’t leave your father all alone for that long.” she said. I rolled my eyes and with that got out and slammed the door. I could hear her rolling the window down as I walked away.

“I love you.” she said.

“Love you.” I said as politely as I could. She rolled up the window and started driving off, I went straight to my front door. She’s so difficult, I can’t just ignore her when she tells me she loves me, she’s my mother after all. I unlocked my door and stepped inside. I sighed loudly and tossed my things along with taking off my boots.

“You’re home, I thought you’d stay home all day but you left.” Krista walked around the corner.

“Errands.” I said.

“Mr. Fitsimmons grandson came by the house.”

“I already know.” I said defeated. She just looked at me like she pitied me.

“You can let it out if you want.” she suggested.

“I’m sad but I just don’t cry about those things anymore.” I told her. She knows all about that with my dad. I cried for weeks, wondering if he’d surface back from that coma. That was three years ago, I’m done crying. Not to mention I was slightly comforted by the fact that I found out mystery mans name. It’s a relief after years of trying to figure it out. His name is Leland, and it suited him well. I smiled slightly.

“What are you smiling about?”

“Oh just a guy.” I finally told the truth, I’m just not going to go into the details.

“What’s this JUST a guys name?”

“Leland.”

“What’s he like?”

“Everything I expected but different.”

“Will you see him again soon?”

“I hope.”
Image

*Tick*
I shuffled beneath my sheets.
*Tick*
What is that?
*Tick*
I sat up, it’s coming from my window. The little ticks continued, I listened for them. I wrapped my blanket around my and went to my window. When I peered out the window my heart nearly jumped out of my chest. IT WAS LELAND. He smiled once he saw me in the window. I lifted the window and opened it.

“What are you doing here?” I asked.

“I need to show you something.” He came up to the window. The question of how he got here or how he knew where I lived crossed my mind, but only for a moment.

“What is it?” I asked.

“Come with me.” he reached out, I looked at his outstretched hand. I found myself grasping his hand, he helped me out of the window. My bare feet crunched in fresh snow. Strange…it didn’t feel cold. He walked me across the lawn to the edge of the sidewalk. I asked him where he was taking me, he only smiled at me as I trailed behind him still holding his hand. He walked me down the center of the street, whenever I would look up at him he would smile at me. It made me blush. The scenery began to meld into the familiar surroundings of down town. A string of townhomes disappeared and brick buildings stood in place. The empty field across the other way turned into the Grand Master hotel. It was absolutely dark, but the moon struck against the snow. It was a visible darkness just like any other winter night.

“Remember where I met you?” Leland pointed at the intersection we were approaching.

“Of course.” I told him as we got closer.

Since the pavement was so dark I didn’t see the giant long black bock on the ground. I furrowed my brow. It’s…it’s a casket. Leland let go of my hand. He bent over and lifted the lid. I almost jumped out of my skin, he was in the casket! I looked up, he was gone, no longer next to me but in the casket! I knelt down.

“Leland.” I put my hand on his face cupping his jaw. He didn’t respond, he felt…cold. Like snow.

“Leland,” I shook him and still nothing. I put my ear near his mouth, I couldn’t hear him breathing. Then I set my head on his chest, no heartbeat. “LELAND WAKE UP!” tears began to shed in my eyes.

I cupped his face with my hand “Leland.” I said again. Suddenly he grabbed my hand and pulled me down. His eyes were dark black pools.

“WHO TOLD YOU MY NAME?!” he seethed.

“Y-you did.” I stuttered.

Image

Of course I immediately woke up after that. I almost started to cry. Holy…this dream was different.
♠ ♠ ♠
Song for this chapter: Light Falls Away by Adam Lambert
Sorry for the late update! FINALS have been running my life! Now they're over! Hello summer!