Coffee and Juice Spills and Kisses, Oh My!

Coffee and Juice Spills and Kisses, Oh My!

Coffee and Juice Spills and Kisses, Oh My!

“I’m gonna win!” you called out as you sprinted down the hallway towards the kitchen.
“I don’t think so!” Tony called back, sending his Iron Man hand out towards you, commanding it to grasp your leg. You gasped in shock as it tripped you and you fell on your face, barely catching yourself on your hands.
“Tony!” you whined, glaring at him as he ran past you. You kicked the metal hand off your leg with your other foot and clumsily scrambled to your feet, immediately breaking into a run to catch up with the billionaire.
You’d made yet another bet with the playboy – Well, it wasn’t technically a bet; more of a race, but that matters not – though this time coffee was involved and neither of you were willing to lose. Coffee was, evidently, more important than the money you had both lost to Clint in the last bet.
Your eyes widened in horror as Tony approached the kitchen, and, not wanting him to win, you launched yourself at his back, tackling him to the ground. “The last of the coffee shall be mine!”
The two of you were competitive in all areas of life generally, especially when it involved the last cup of coffee. But this last cup consisted of the last of the coffee in Stark Tower, because Tony was lazy and hadn’t noticed that his supply was low and that consuming the last cup now meant that someone had to go to the store and buy more. And while Tony loved the attention he received from his fans when he went out in public, he had several “important” Iron Man projects to work on and was too busy (or too lazy) to go out. Thor still hadn’t figured out Midgardian technology (or shopping rituals), Steve was always flustered by the attention he received from the public, Natasha only went shopping for her own needs, Bruce was too busy with science projects, and Clint was too hard to track down on a regular basis. That left you, and you’d much rather make Tony suffer than suck down your pride and go shopping. You weren’t their errand dog.
You were just about to jump off of Tony’s back and doctor up the last cup of coffee when you saw Mr. Tall-Blond-And-Muscly stealing it away. Your jaw dropped and your brows drew together in disappointment as Thor himself stole the last of the coffee.
“So who wins the bet now?” Tony grumbled from beneath you. You hopped to your feet to allow him to pull himself up. You sighed and leaned against the doorframe of the kitchen, pouting as Thor ignorantly walked away with a cup full of steamy coffee and a content grin gracing his features.
“I guess we both lose,” you decided, turning your head to see the billionaire’s reaction. He let out a dramatic sigh and leaned against the opposite wall.
“Did you to make another bet?” Natasha inquired, walking up silently behind you and entering the kitchen. She immediately noticed the empty coffee pot and, grumbling to herself, began digging through the cupboards for more coffee. She paused, closing her eyes and facing the coffee-less cupboards. “Why are there no tins of coffee in this cabinet?”
“Thor drank the last of it!” Tony blamed, raising his hands in surrender.
“And Tony never noticed that he was running out so nobody’s gone shopping for more,” you explained, casting a glare towards the supposed genius.
“Then both of you get to go buy more,” Natasha stated, closing the cupboard door.
“Why both of us?” you whined. “It was Tony who didn’t pay attention!”
“And you made some stupid bet with him, so you get to go too.”
Tony smirked while you pouted and Natasha moved to other cupboards in search of breakfast.
You let out a dramatic sigh and turn to head back to your room to change clothes. “Come on, Tony. We gotta go shopping.”

Nearly an hour later – totally not because it took you about half an hour to choose an outfit – you met Tony in his “garage,” which was totally the size of a three bedroom apartment and full of fancy muscle cars.
“Which one are we taking?” you asked impatiently as the billionaire slowly weaved in between each and every car, gently dragging a hand along the side as if trying to seduce a woman.
“I thought I’d let you choose,” he admitted, glancing up at you from where he was stroking his jet black Spider.
Your brow raised in surprise before you stepped further into the garage, eyes scanning over his variety of selections. You walked around the room, watching in amusement as Tony continued caressing what you were sure he referred to as his babies. Your eyes found a beautiful (f/c) (fave. fancy car) and you walked straight to it. Your hand reached out, and with only a second of hesitation, you lightly dragged your fingers along its side.
“Hey, hey, hey,” Tony called, rushing over to you. “Be careful with her. She was a gift.”
You rolled your eyes at the personal pronoun given to the machine and looked at Tony. “Can we take this one?”
He smirked at your shared love of his favorite car and nodded, jogging over to the passenger side door to open it for you. You smiled in surprise and slid inside, mentally noting how he also closed the door for you once you were in. He made his way back to the driver’s door and got in, inserting the key into the ignition and smiling as the engine roared to life. He pressed a button on the dashboard and the garage door behind the car opened. The billionaire carefully made his way out of the garage and started down the streets towards the store.
Anyone who knew Tony and his reckless nature would assume that he’d be an equally reckless driver. But, you reasoned as you leaned back against the passenger seat, he treasured his cars so much that he must be the safest driver in the world. As much as he liked to impress girls with his wild waves, he wouldn’t risk crashing any of his babies into a wall just for a little fun.
You couldn’t tell if you were more jealous of the girls he’d previously wooed in this car or of the car itself that he paid special attention to.

He pulled into the parking lot of the nearest grocery store and parks rather expertly, close enough to the front door that the walk won’t be exhausting but far enough away that there’s only a miniscule chance of some moron accidentally bumping his car.
You both walked to the door in silence, completely out-of-character for the both of you. Neither of you were known for being particularly quiet.
You reached the front door followed Tony inside. Of course, both of you knew exactly where the coffee was. You made your way to the appropriate aisle and watched in amusement as Tony selected several tins of coffee of varying roasts. You turned to leave the aisle and made your way to the end, not seeing the puddle of juice on the floor thanks to the distinct lack of a “Caution: Wet Floor” sign. Your arms flailed uselessly in the air as your feet slid forwards and your torso leaned back, ready to drop you with an unpleasant ‘thud’ to the floor.
In a rush of unexplainable adrenaline and defensive instinct, Tony rushed forward and thrust his arms out in front of him, the several coffee tins he had previously held now flying through the air and crashing to the ground. Quite a few of them busted open and he knew he’d have to pay for them, but his focus remained on you. He dropped to his knees and slid forward, arms looping under yours and wrapping around your middle so that your back crashed into his chest rather than the floor.
You blinked repeatedly before tilting your head back to peer up at your savior. A blush claimed your cheeks as Tony peered back at you, arms still tightly wrapped around your middle. He saved me… you thought, continuing to look up. You turned your head slightly and saw the mess of metal tins and coffee grounds littering the aisle, instantly feeling guilty about the mess that you had technically made.
“Thanks for saving me,” you mumbled, turning your gaze back to the billionaire.
“No problem, babe,” he smirked in response, lowering his head just above yours. Your palms found dry ground on either side of your hips and your arms pushed your torso up to help close the gap. His mouth found yours, lips molding together perfectly. You reached a hand up to wrap around his neck, holding yourself up as you turned your torso slightly to get a better kissing angle.

The remains of the spilled coffee tins stayed scattered about the aisle floor, completely forgotten… until a store worker came to clean up and kicked the both of you out of the store.

A/N: Eheheh... I had originally titled it "Poker and Booze and Feelings, Oh My!", presumably with the intention of getting you and/or Tony totally wasted and having some drunken confession.
Then I kinda fell in love with the store thing, like someone falls and the other catches them, or someone falls on top of someone else, and BAM first kiss.