Girl All the Good Guys Want

Girl All The Good Guys Want

Girl All The Good Guys Want
A/N: So this one actually has female terms so the reader is kinda obviously female, unless you wanna switch “girl” to “boy” when you read it.
Most of my stories are written with a female reader in mind, but if you’d like a male reader insert, feel free to request one and specify that the reader is male.

You had done it. You became a SHIELD agent and an Avenger. All on your own – with the help of your power, of course.
Some months back, you had been kidnapped by some big bad guy that SHIELD happened to be watching, and he happened to be a genetic scientist of sorts. After knocking you out, thanks to your lack of self-defense knowledge, they had run tests on you, trying this and that to see if they could create a mutant.
They did. After infusing you with God-knows-what, they had given you super speed. You were, quite literally, faster than a speeding bullet. You put The Flash to shame.
Having such a power demanded earning you a nickname, and Tony was more than happy to take the responsibility of doing so. He was certainly the friendliest of the bunch (probably because you were a young, beautiful girl), always flirting and talking to you. He had also decided to throw a party (big surprise there) in your honor after you had been officially dubbed an agent and an Avenger.

It was at said party that the other Avengers began acting strangely. Loki was a good guy now (which wasn’t the strange part), having mended his ways and repented for his sins, eventually deciding that conquering Midgard was too much work and that the king of Asgard would have to die of natural causes some day, and he could take over the realm then.
The other Avengers and agents had been nice to you upon your admission. Steve was polite to everyone, of course, as was Bruce. Natasha was a bit distant, but she appreciated having another girl around. Clint liked sparring with you, shooting arrows at you as fast as he could to see how fast you could dodge them. Thor had been the most welcoming, enveloping you in a bone-crushing hug the second he heard the news. Agents Coulson and Hill offered their sincere congratulations, shaking your hand professionally. After speaking with Natasha, you learned that they weren’t the most social of agents, considering that their duties usually lied within the building, dealing with the inner workings of SHIELD rather than field work.
So, overall, you had a whole team of new best friends.
But tonight, they were acting strangely. Steve was acting overly nervous, as though he was on a first date with a girl. He kept scooting closer to you wherever you sat, then rubbing his shoulder against yours and blushing.
Bruce kept offering to refresh your drink or fetch you a snack, and when he returned (or stayed where he was because you declined), he’d keep asking you questions and trying to get to know you better.
Loki, of all people, had been particularly interested in you that night. He stayed close to you, intently listening to everything you had to say, putting his two cents in whenever he could. As soon as Bruce and Steve left for one reason or another, Loki would swoop in and talk you up before anyone else could catch your attention.
It was as if someone had cast a love spell on the three, but the only one capable of doing that would be Loki. He wouldn’t cast a spell on himself, would he? To make himself fall in love?
Psh, no. That’d be crazy. Plus, he wasn’t allowed to use magic without permission, and nothing involving an unwilling participant or that would negatively affect another person, and no magic in public. Fury said so, lest Loki get locked back up in his glass cage.
You shook your head and sipped your drink, wondering what had gotten into those three to make them follow you like lovesick puppies.
Towards the end of the night, you happened to notice that Clint had been rather distant all night. You wondered why, given that the two of you had been bonding pretty well lately, or so you thought. Why would he suddenly ignore you?
You wondered if his distance had anything to do with the high levels of attention you were receiving from Steve, Bruce, and Loki. You shook your head again, clearing that thought. That would mean Clint was jealous, and why would he be jealous of you getting attention from someone else?

The following morning, Steve, Bruce, and Loki continued following you around and acting like lovesick puppies. Steve offered to make you breakfast while Bruce made you coffee and Loki gave you a neck rub. You couldn’t lie and say you didn’t enjoy the attention. You didn’t have to lift a finger as long as these three were fawning over you.
And damn were they good at their assigned tasks. Steve made the best pancakes you’d ever eaten, Bruce knew how to doctor up(1) your cup of coffee and make it taste like Heaven, and Loki’s fingers turned your neck muscles into pudding.
While you were inhaling your delicious breakfast and milking the attention, a certain archer was watching from the vents, a scowl staining his features and jealousy stabbing at his chest.

A few days back, between the Avengers hearing the news of their new recruit and them throwing a party in your honor, Clint had promised to teach you archery. You had always found it fascinating, but you had no one to teach you and couldn’t afford classes.
You wondered if you could use said promise as an excuse to talk to the newly-distant archer.
“Jarvis?” you called to the ceiling.
“Yes, miss (l/n)?” the AI replied.
“Is Clint in his room or the archery gym?”
“Archery gym, miss (l/n).”
“Thanks, Jarvis.”
“Of course, miss (l/n).”

You made your way to the appropriate floor and wandered through the halls to the archery gym. Sure enough, Clint was there, firing arrow after arrow at the poor holy target. There was much more “hole” left than there was “target.”
“Hey, Clint,” you said softly, hoping not to startle him.
He fired another arrow before turning towards you silently.
“Hey, uh.. You promised me you’d give me an archery lesson sometime. I was wondering if we could do that…” You looked at the floor, suddenly feeling guilty for disturbing him. He looked rather busy and not particularly in the mood for company.
His own expression softened at seeing your saddened one. “Sure.”
“Really??” you clarified, eyes lighting up with excitement.
He chuckled and nodded before gesturing you to come closer. You bounced over and stood beside him, awaiting instruction.
“Here,” he said, handing you his special bow.
Your eyes widened again. “You’re letting me use yours?”
He shrugged. “Sure. If you’re gonna learn from the best, you might as well learn with the best, right?”
You grinned and nodded.
“Okay, now put your left hand here…” he gently grasped your left hand and placed it on the bow. Your breath hitched and your heart skipped a beat as his hand enveloped yours.
You’d had a crush on the famous Hawkeye for some time now, but you’d never gotten this close.
“Now, your right hand takes an arrow…” he added, handing you an arrow.
“And you pull it back like this…” He stood behind you now, arms around yours, hands atop your own, pulling you into the correct position. You looked down at his feet and moved your own to copy them.
“And let it go,” he finished. You did, and nearly jumped for joy when it hit the bull’s eye.
“I did it!”
He chuckled. “You did. Good job for a first try.”
“Well, you did say I was learning from the best,” you giggled.
He smiled for a second before it fell. Your brows furrowed together in worry. “Something wrong?”
“Why do you have to torment me?” he asked quietly, eyes clouded with hurt.
You actually had to take a step back. “What are you talking about?”
“You call me the best, you say I’m your best friend, we hang out all the time… and then I see you with them, flirting and laughing, like I don’t even exist.” The hurt slowly fades into anger.
“Who’s ‘them’? What’s this about, Clint?”
“Them!” he cries. “Steve, Bruce… Loki, of all people! I saw them at the party, fawning over you like dogs. And I saw you this morning. You were loving the attention!”
“Clint…” you breathed, waiting for the pieces to fall into place. “Clint, I don’t know why they’ve been so… friendly lately. I thought it was weird too. It was no doing of mine. Yes, I took advantage of it this morning, because I’ve always had to do everything by myself. I’ve never had someone make me food or give me a neck rub just because. There always had to be a reason, a special occasion. I don’t know why they did it but it was a nice break from being so independent.”
“…You don’t know why?”
“No, I don’t. They’re acting like they’re under a love spell but there’s no way that’s possible.”
He paused. “What if… they actually love you?”
You paused as well. “Well… I highly doubt that all three of them have fallen in love with me… I wouldn’t think that even one of them would do that… But if they have, then I’m sorry but it’s bad news for them.”
“What do you mean?”
“I love- my heart belongs to someone else.”
“And who might that someone be?”
He stepped closer to you, stopping a few inches away.
“Someone…”
“Do I know him?”
“Yes, very well.”
“Is he an Avenger?”
“Yes.”
“Is it Tony?”
“What?! No!”
“Thor?”
“No…”
“Who does that leave then? If it’s not Steve, Bruce, Loki, Tony, or Thor…”
You bit your lip and looked at the floor, waiting for him to understand.
“…It’s me?”
You continued looking at the floor.
A strong hand hooked under your chin, tilting your head up.
“Is it me?”
Still biting your lip, you nodded.
Smirking, he moved his hand from under your chin to the side of your face, cupping your cheek. He pulled your face closer, pressing his lips to yours. You gasped in surprise before melting into the kiss, wrapping your own arms around his waist.
“I fell for you the day I met you,” he said breathlessly.
“So did I,” you replied. He smiled and kissed you again, tangling a hand in your hair.

“Jarvis, you recorded that, right?”
“Of course, Sir.”

A few days later, you and Clint announced your relationship to the team. They all congratulated you – Natasha even hugged you.
“Finally,” Loki sighed. “Now we can stop this charade.”
“What charade?” you asked.
“The one where we pretend to be in love with you to make Clint jealous,” Bruce answered.
“What?!” Clint barked.
“It was Tony’s fault!” Steve said innocently. “He told us to flirt with (y/n) to make Clint jealous so he would confess his feelings to her.”
“Tony!” Clint growled, stomping off towards the billionaire’s room.
You giggled. “Thanks for everything, you guys. The favors were amazing, and I got a boyfriend out of it!”
Bruce laughed. “We’re glad it worked out, (y/n).”
“Now, if you don’t mind me, I’m gonna go watch Tony get punched,” you said cheerfully, dashing off in the direction your boyfriend went.
“Jarvis?”
“Yes, Miss Romanov?”
“Record Tony getting punched, will you?”
“Yes, Miss Romanov.”

(1) Eheh, see what I did there?