You Like a Boy

You Like A Boy

You Like A Boy

Your big brother had always been your best friend. Being only three years apart, the two of you were close enough in age to have similar interests and not so close that you had to share everything with each other. You always played together as children, whether you were making sand castles, playing on the swing set, or decapitating Barbie dolls.
You weren’t an Avenger or a SHIELD agent, but you respected your brother for joining both teams. Of course, Fury knew about you instantly, having read Clint’s files upon his joining SHIELD. For a while, Clint kept you out of the loop and away from the Avengers, not wanting you to get hurt. But after some insistence – okay, a lot of insistence – from both you and the Avengers, he agreed to introduce you to the team.
Everyone was friendly enough and you took an instant liking to the guys and Natasha. You took a special liking to Steve, often blushing and tripping over your tongue whenever he spoke to you.

Clint paid special attention to you for the next week, ensuring that no enemies were making plans to kidnap and/or torture you to get to the archer. While paying said special attention, he happened to notice how flustered and shy you became whenever the Captain was around.
It was mid-day on the Avengers’ day off when Clint approached you. You were in the kitchen fixing up some snacks for the group’s movie marathon, while everyone else was in the main entertainment room getting ready.
“Hey, (y/n),” Clint sang with a smirk. You stiffened – he knew something you didn’t want him to know. That was his tell, singing your name with a dorky grin on his face, clasping his hands behind his back as though he were holding your baby photos as blackmail.
“What do you know, big brother?”
“That you have the hots for a certain Avenger,” he replied, stepping closer.
As your face heated up and changed hue, you hurried your snack making. “I do not.”
“Liar,” he chuckled.
“What makes you so sure?” you demanded, crossing your arms and turning to face him.
“Steve Rogers.”
Your blush deepened, making your face comparable to a tomato. Your gaze fell to the ground in embarrassment.
“Ha!” he laughed. “I knew it!”
“Don’t say anything, Clint! He’s way older than me and he’s probably not even interested. I’m lucky enough to be friends with you guys,” you mumbled.
“Don’t worry, Sis,” he replied in his most promising voice. “I won’t tell.” He wrapped an arm around your shoulders as he helped you transport the snacks to the main room. You took a seat on the plush leather couch, sandwiched between your brother and none other than Steve himself. Clint snickered as the blush returned to your cheeks. You settled back against the cushioned as the movie began.

Clint always kept his promises to you. So when you fell asleep halfway through the movie and leaned against Steve’s side, eventually falling into his lap with your head resting on his leg, Clint draped a blanket over you and took his leave, leaving you alone with the Captain and keeping what he knew to himself.

Of course, that didn’t cease the teasing.
The next day, you were in the main kitchen fixing yourself some breakfast, and Clint sauntered in with a grin plastered on his face. “Morning, (y/n).”
“Morning, big brother.”
“Cozy last night, huh?”
“What are you talking about?” You eyed your brother wearily as you took a bite of your toast.
“You fell asleep on Steve’s lap halfway through the movie,” he smirked behind his cup of coffee.
You may or may not have choked on your toast. “I did not.”
“Oh, but you did,” he chuckled.
“I was alone when I woke up though.”
“He must have played the good guy and replaced his leg with a real pillow.”
You wondered if your blood would eventually get tired of rushing to your cheeks every time Steve came into conversation.
“It’s a wonder he hasn’t figured it out by now,” Clint mused.
“You promised!” you cried, worrying that your secret would be revealed.
“I know, I know,” he chuckled, raising his hands in surrender. “I won’t tell. But you’re not exactly hiding it. Steve’s gonna find out eventually.”
“Preferably after I’m dead and gone and can successfully hide from embarrassment,” you mumbled.
“Aww,” he laughed. “My baby sister’s in love!”
“In love with who?” a familiar voice inquired as a tall blond man wandered in. Your eyed widened as Clint clamped his mouth shut.
“I’ll leave you two alone,” he stated, excusing himself. You suddenly took a deep interest in the marbled pattern of the countertop.
“Has a lucky gentleman captured your heart, ma’am?” Steve questioned innocently.
“Uh…” you hesitated. “You could say that, I guess…”
“May I ask who this man is?”
“Uh… You know him…”
“Is he an Avenger?”
“Yep…”
“Does he live in the Tower?”
“I hear he has an apartment but he spends a lot of time in the Tower…”
“So it’s not Tony?”
“God, no,” you said with a light giggle. “He’s way too cocky for me.”
“That’s good to hear,” Steve said with a smile. “Is it Bruce?”
“Why are you so interested?” you asked before you could stop yourself.
He looked taken back. “I didn’t mean to pry, ma’am.”
“Oh, no,” you shook your head, “you weren’t prying. I just didn’t think you’d be so interested in who I… had an interest in.”
“I just want to make sure he’s a good guy,” Steve replied. “I’d hate to see you get hurt. You seem like a nice girl.”
“I appreciate that, Steve.”
“Is it Thor?”
“He has Jane.”
“One person can still love another even if the other is taken, can’t they?”
“Yes… I just hope that’s not the circumstance here…”
“Here?”
“With the guy I like.”
He paused. “I’ve named everyone in the Tower, except for your brother, of course.”
You looked at the ground shyly. “All but one.”
He looked at you as realization dawned. “Ma’am… Is it me?”
“Maybe…”
You watched his feet step closer to you and his arms rest gently on your waist. You shyly glanced up to meet his eyes.
“May I be forward, ma’am?” he asked softly. You nodded and closed your eyes as one of his hands reached up to cup your cheek. His head tilted down for his lips to gently collide with yours. Your lips melded together perfectly, like matching pieces of a puzzle.
“Would you like to go on a date with me?” he asked breathlessly as you pulled away for air.
“I’d love to,” you smiled.

A few floors up, a certain archer was watching the events unfold on one of the computers hooked up to one of the many cameras that Jarvis monitored.