Mini God

Mini God

Mini God
A/N: This one’s shorter than the others. Sorry. It’s fluffy though!

You slowly made your way into the kitchen, a hand resting subconsciously on your baby bump. You smiled as you found your husband standing at the stove, attempting to cook what smelled like pancakes. You and Pepper had tried teaching the boys how to cook a few meals so that they could manage by themselves and provide for their women.
You shuffled into the room and took a seat at the table. Your tall blond turned and smiled at you before turning his attention back to the stove, hoping to not burn your breakfast. He flipped the current pancake in the pan once more before lifting it onto a plate, accompanied by a second pancake. He then set said plate on the table in front of you, along with a knife and fork and your favorite pancake toppings. You drenched your breakfast in (f/topping) before digging in, moaning at the taste. The edges were slightly burnt, but the middles were perfect, and hey, you were pregnant. You ate a lot of interesting foods now.
“Thank you,” you smiled as you set your empty plate in the sink.
“Anything for you,” your husband’s deep voice replied. He moved behind you and gently wrapped his arms around your waist, enveloping your baby bump. “How are you feeling?”
“Much better now,” you noted, leaning back against the Asgardian’s chest. “I didn’t even get sick this morning.”
“That’s wonderful!” he beamed, glad that you weren’t in pain. “Is she awake yet?”
You were just far enough along to have learned that your baby was a girl. You were ecstatic, having always wanted a girl, while you knew that Thor didn’t mind which gender it was.
“I don’t think so,” you shook your head. “She hasn’t moved much.”
“You finally get a break then,” Thor smiled, nuzzling his nose in your hair.
You nodded. “I’ve needed one. She’s gonna be a fighter or an athlete – she never stops moving.”
The Asgardian chuckled, removing himself from your waist and grasping your hand in his, leading you out of the kitchen. He led you to his room where he sat you on the bed carefully before moving to stand in front of the entertainment center that Tony had insisted on installing, regardless of the fact that Thor had absolutely no idea how to work any of the systems.
“What would you like to watch?” he asked you, turning slightly to look at you.
You named your favorite movie, knowing that he had it. He smiled before finding it and setting it in the DVD tray, grabbing the DVD and TV remotes and sitting beside you on the bed. You immediately snuggled into his side, soaking up his warmth as the movie started. You soon fell asleep, lulled into relaxation by your husband’s heartbeat.

A jerk from inside you woke you up, and you groaned as you ran your hand across your stomach. “Easy, baby girl,” you cooed. “You can wake Mommy up without using her kidneys as a punching bag.”
Thor awoke to your sudden movement. He opened an eye and yawned slightly, looking up at you. “Are you alright?”
“I’m fine,” you assured him. “She just woke up.”
“Is she kicking?” he inquired, half concerned and half excited. He hated when you were in pain, but as every husband (or older sibling) does, he was dying to feel the baby kick beneath his hand.
You giggled, grabbing his hand to rest on your lower belly. “Yeah, she is.”
He waited eagerly, eyes on your belly, his large hand taking up most of the space. You watched with an amused smile. He always got so excited when he had a chance to fell the baby kick.
You winced as your daughter’s leg connected with your abdomen, causing you to jump lightly in pain. Thor pressed a kiss to your temple as he grinned, the baby’s tiny foot pressing against his hand. You turned slightly, curling into your husband’s chest. His hand remained on your belly, rubbing soothing circles across it in an attempt to calm your antsy baby. You nuzzled your head into his chest, closing your eyes and breathing a soft sigh. Your arm was bent and lying against your side, your hand brushing against his as he continued his circles. His lips connected with your forehead as you drifted back to sleep.
“I love you,” he said softly.
“Love you too, you murmured back.
He gently squeezed your belly. “And I love you, daughter.”