Mickey to My Minnie

Missing You

"Come on! You've got to come with us, Ember! You promised you would!" Alex Gaskarth called to his sister. Being twins, they had such an amazingly close relationship with one another. "We've been touring for several years and you only come to home shows. You have to meet our tour manager, Matt."

Ember rolled her eyes and promptly followed it by rolling out of bed. There was no shutting him up when he got into something. And she
had been meaning to see the guys play. They were playing a show in New York for the first time and she told Alex she would be there. And she told Jack. And if Jack found out she was being lazy and thinking of skipping their first super big tour, (well, big to them) she would be in so much trouble.

"I'm coming, you big pain in the ass!" She called, wincing when she heard her mother chastise her for her language.

She slid on her favorite Mickey Mouse shirt and jeans, pairing it with a military style jacket and her TOMS boots. It was definitely a lazy day, so she braided her hair to the side and placed a beanie on her head. Topping everything off, she grabbed the 'believe' ring and 'I love you to the moon and back' necklace that Alex had gotten her for their birthday last year. She smiled softly at the thought and finished her look off with a light sweeping of make up.

She was so glad she had packed her suitcase the week before, knowing she'd be a mess if she hadn't done so.

"Alright, you knob! Let's go." She grinned, taking his hand.

She didn't realize how important that night would be.


That was the night Ember met her now boyfriend, Matt Flyzik. That day the two had bonded immediately over Mickey and Disney. Her favorite movie being Hercules and him just Disney movies in general. He had long since left touring with the band, going off to do his own thing. Well, his own thing plus her. And tonight the guys were home and it was almost Christmas. Baltimore was covered in a thin layer of snow and everything looked beautiful.

"Babe! The guys will be over soon!" Matt called, wandering into the bathroom where his girlfriend was still getting ready. The ring in his pocket felt heavy and he couldn't wait to place it on his gorgeous girlfriend's finger. "Are you ready yet?"

Ember chuckled, resting her hand softly on her growing belly. Matt didn't know about the little Mickey or Minnie growing in her belly. She had plans to tell him and the guys tonight, as sort of a little Christmas surprise. The thought of Matt's face when he found out about the baby made her feel butterflies in her chest. Would he be excited? Or would he demand that she get rid of it? She shook her head at the latter thought. Matt wasn't like that. She couldn't believe she even thought that.

"Alright, Mickey. I'm ready."

**

The sounds of laughter and ripping paper filled the air as the members of All Time Low, plus Cassadee, Matt, and Ember, tore into their gifts. Ember wanted to wait until later, like around dinner, to announce her pregnancy. But, she wanted to tell Matt first in private. She knew how he was about learning things that were big in their relationship. Plus, she wanted to see his face first.

"Hey, guys. Guys!" Matt shouted, calming the loud voices in the living room. Even when he wasn't working with them anymore, he was still so bossy. She giggled slightly, earning a false glare from her boyfriend. "I have something really important I want to get out."

Ember looked up at her boyfriend, a look of confusion crossing her face. A small gasp of shock fell from her parted lips as Matt knelt down in front of her. She heard Cassadee whisper excitedly and the sound of her slapping Rian. She looked over at her brother and his fiance Lisa, who both had giant grins on their faces. Tears welled up in her eyes and she cursed her hormones for being so out of whack.

"Ember Rose Gaskarth, ever since the day I met you, I knew that you were the girl for me. Even through all of the drama and the fights and break ups, I knew we were meant to be together. I know we have our differences, but that's what balances us out. You put the biggest smile on my face every time I wake up to your face in the morning. You are the Minnie to my Mickey. Will you marry me?"

By the end of his speech, fat tears were rolling down her cheeks. She had a giant smile breaking across her face as she nodded profusely. He whooped in excitement, making her let out a wet laugh as he slid the most beautiful ring on her finger. The breath left her as he pulled her into the most passionate kiss she'd ever experienced. Every thought in her brain left her as he kissed her. The only thought running through her head was to tell him her news.

"Matt." She mumbled against his lips, breathing out softly when he let her go, hands still encasing her face. The look in his eyes made her so glad she was sitting. Even after all these years, he still had the ability to make her weak in the knees. "I'm pregnant, Mickey."

Everything got so quiet when she whispered those three words to him. His brown eyes flashed with something that looked like excitement. She just wanted him to say something to her. This was the one moment where she couldn't read into his reaction. She felt him take his hands off her face, falling back onto his knees completely.

"What?"

He had a dazed look on his face before a small chuckle left his lips. A grin broke across his face and Ember felt a sigh of relief leave her body. She smiled widely, taking his hands in hers. He kept asking her if it was true and she kept nodding her head, laughter filling the empty room. He pulled her to her feet, eliciting a squeal when he hugged her tightly. He set her down and kissed her deeply, earning shouts of disapproval from Alex.

"Let us in on the secret!"

Matt looked into Ember's brown eyes, asking if it was okay, before replying. "We're having a baby!"

**

The next couple of months were filled with wedding planning. Since Ember had only been a month along in December, she was due around July or August. So, they wanted to do the wedding first and then have the baby. So, on April fourth, Ember and Matthew said their vows outdoors in a beautiful spring area.

"You guys, I am so nervous." Ember confessed, placing her hands on her still tiny baby bump. "What if he realizes that I'm not the right one for him?"

Lisa snapped softly. "Don't even say that! James loves you dearly. And you guys are meant to be together as much as I'm meant to be with Alex or Cass with Rian. Now, you look absolutely beautiful and you're going to blow James away."

Ember smiled softly, tears welling up in her eyes. "You are going to be the best sister-in-law ever, Lisa."

She grinned. "I know I am. Now, don't ruin your make up. The nice lady did such a good job."


The look on Matt's face when she walked down the aisle with her father and brother was absolutely priceless. He nearly started crying, which nearly set her off. Damn her hormones. But, the ceremony was absolutely beautiful. And she couldn't have been more excited when she was finally announced as Mrs. James Flyzik.

And now? As she sat in her baby's nursery, watching her husband cooing and rocking their daughter as she sat with her son in the rocking chair? This was the best feeling in the world. And she could not be happier with the life she is living now.

With so much left to do. I could have been missing out. He could have been missing me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Meeting Ember

Proposal

Gaskarth to Flyzik

Sorry guys. It was just something cute that I thought up.