Status: One shot

Blood Ties

Idiots

As soon as he stepped off stage and waved away a medic she stormed up to him with tears threatening to spill from her eyes. She grabbed his wrist and jerked him away, unable to look at the bleeding marks he left on his chest. She`d looked later when she cleaned him up. Kyo didn`t bother to stop her. He was too shocked at her tears. He had never made Alina cry before. Not even when they fought. And they fought a lot. They pushed and screamed everything they could think of at each other. And she didn`t cry. Not even when he`d gotten so pissed off he pushed her against a wall hard enough to knock the breathe out of her for a second and screamed in her face. She only stared up at him in surprise while he realized what he did and apologized and left for two hours to calm down.

Perhaps she was only crying because this was the first time she saw him hurt himself on stage. That`s probably it, Kyo concluded while following her back to the dressing room. She knew that he scratched himself up a few times but never saw him do it or knew the extent of the damage he could do.

"You are such an idiot," Alina breathed, fighting back tears while pulling him to the bathroom.

"You`re pissed," Kyo observed.

Alina narrowed her eyes and spun around to face him. "Pissed? You think I`m pissed? There are no words to describe how I feel. I had to watch my boyfriend hurt himself and do nothing but watch. Do you have an idea how helpless I felt watching you do that?"

He shrugged. "What`s the difference between what I do onstage and what you do when we have sex?"

"Me scratching your arms or back a little during sex is completely different! I don`t try to hurt you."

Kyo sighed and stretched only to stop from the pain in his chest. "So you`re going to leave me over it?"

Alina scoffed. "You really are an idiot if you think that."

"Eh?"

"Why would I leave you over something like this?"

Kyo bit at his lip with a shrug. He didn`t have the best relationships in the past and found himself constantly waiting for the shoe to drop. And the longer it took the more nervous and unsure he got. He had ended a few relationships because of it.

Alina gently grabbed his hand and pulled him into the bathroom where a first aid kit sat on the sink. After sitting him down she gently cleaned up his chest. The damage wasn`t as bad as she thought. The scratches would heal fairly quickly if they weren`t bothered again.

"Let`s get you back to the hotel, okay?" She asked. "You can shower there."

Kyo nodded and pulled her into a hug. When they parted he gave Alina a gentle kiss and followed her out. Little did he know, that would be one of the last times he did that to himself. Finding out you helped create a life can make a person think about your own and how you`ve been living it. Even a little devil like him.
♠ ♠ ♠
This was originally supposed to be a drabble but it kind of took on a life of it`s own and before I knew it, it was way too long to be one.