Liga Volkov (The League of the Wolves)

Prologue

February 2nd, 2015

No longer are the assassins waiting at the shtab-kvartira (meaning headquarters in Russian). I've been waiting for this moment since the second Lobo created the League. The young shifters have been sent all over the world with their missions- without supervision for the first time since their training. They've all been taught how to lie about their persona in case of capture or if they're figured out. They all know how to endure torture for long enough for the rest of the League to hunt down their location and rescue them. Some even have learned (with special training) how to stop their heart and kill themselves peacefully if they can no longer endure the torture or are about to be given a truth serum- which yes, does exist. Don't ask me how it's made or what's in it, because I'm no scientist.

The release of the shifters could have one or two effects; causing all kinds of havoc and eventually unleashing information about the League that could be fatal to Lobo and the senior assassins, or they could all band together and work at fighting evil and making the world a better place. All of the assassins have their own opinions on what it means to take a life- and from what I've seen they often argue over the meaning and the importance of the action, but I've never seen it stop them from accomplishing what needs to be done.

Alexei is the one that worries me the most. He's always been somewhat of a loner, and didn't really make an effort to hang out with the rest of the community unless he was forced because of training or exercises. Now that he can actually be on his own... I'm not sure what will become of him. I think he may go lone wolf it for awhile but I have a feeling he will either start gravitating towards the others that move to his area or they will begin gravitating back towards him. Some believed that the moment they left the shtab-kvatira that they would never see each other again- but this isn't even close to true. When I first left the base with my group of initiates, we were all back together within a year of going off on our own.

It's nearly impossible to avoid. No matter how much you want to stay away, it's harder than you'd think it would be. The shifters in general are pulled towards each other by some invisible force such as gravity, and when you add in the fact that they've all grown up together and established unbreakable bonds- it makes sense that they'd all eventually find their way back to each other. I hope that the brothers (Dante and Vladimir) stay together in all of their journeys, as I have never seen them be apart. Alaina and Vera have been best friends since the moment they stepped into the shtab-kvartira, and I don't see them breaking apart any time soon... as for Zhenna- I hope that one day she finds love to fill the dark, cold, soul-less hole she calls her heart.

-As the days grow longer, I find myself wondering more and more about the assassins I have helped train- and now, I must start working on the second wave,

Dr. Denna Anatoly
♠ ♠ ♠
This is just the beginning guys, but I hope I at least hooked you a little bit into wondering what happens next... If I haven't please make suggestions that way I can grow into a better writer and hopefully change some of the things I said when I start to go through the publishing process with this. Thank you so much!