Status: Depression is a serious mental illness and I do not condone young impressionable people staging depression to find love. It's just apart of the story. Nothing more, nothing less. Thank you.

Wait

1

I stepped onto the ledge of my ten story apartment building. This is where my story ends. I give up. There is no purpose anymore. Especially for a 20 year old who can't pay rent. You know I was gonna be a musician? Make it big. Have my name in lights. Well my band name. But that's all gone now. My only band mate..my best friend killed himself today. Shot himself in the head in the apartment next to mine, two days ago. I looked down at the traffic below me, my eyes watered as the wind whipped past me and surprisingly not from my grief. My hair flew in every direction but I didn't care. Not like it mattered. I sighed and closed my eyes. "My name was Indy Winters. I'm sorry I let everyone down. But there's nothing left for me here." I said out loud. "Oh. Hello there." A voice called from behind me. He scared me. I looked back at the red headed man who poked his head through the window I traveled through. "What?" I could only slip the one word out. He was my neighbor, Ed. I never talked to him but we'd always make eye contact. Not the worst looking guy, but not the most social. I guess I wasn't either. He lived across the hall. "I said Hello India." He smiled a goofy smile at me. I was beyond confused. "What do you want?" I asked, coldly. He set a mug out on the ledge. It had kitty cats on it. He slipped through the window just as I had, but he sat on the ledge. "Beautiful night." He said, dangling his feet in kitty cat slippers over the edge. I didn't say anything, but I sat down. I kept my knees bent to my chest. "But you're not outside here for that are you?" He looked at me and sipped from his mug. "No. No, I'm not." I said quietly. He nodded. "Why are you up here?" He asked. "I think it's pretty obvious. How did you get into my apartment?" "I saw you from my window." He threw down a credit card. "Jimmied the lock." He laughed a bit. "You look cold." He said, and took off he's blue fleece jacket. "What? No. Don't." He wrapped it around my shoulders. I sighed. "Thanks." He had a sleeve of tattoos wrapped in a pretty blue color. I tried not to stare too long. He nodded and smiled to himself. "What's so funny?" He shook his head. "Nothing. It'd just be a lot warmer inside." I rolled my eyes.He made a thinking face and looked at me. "Would you care to join me for tea?" I let out a laugh. "No, no thank you." He nodded. "Thought you might say that." He took his mug and dropped it off the building. "What'd you do that for?" He asked, looking offended. "Me? You threw it off the building?" I was confused. "Since you broke my mug, the least you could do is join me for tea." He said with a smirk on his face. He was very cute and his voice was so sweet. He was English. I sighed, feeling a tad bit guilty. He didn't have to come up here to save me but he did. So I guess I should join him. He held my hand as he helped me back through the window. Then he came in after me. He held my hand again, walking me to his apartment. He opened the door and a bunch of cats meowed, waiting for him. They rubbed against his legs. "Please don't tell administration. I know we're not supposed to have pe-" "No, of course not. They're adorable." I patted one on the head and it purred. He smiled and let go of my hand. He made tea in the kitchen and hummed a song I didn't know. I felt faint and cold. My hands shook. "Do you want anything special in your tea?" He called from the kitchen. I sat on his reclining chair with a kitty on my lap. "No thank you. Maybe some honey." "Can do, honey." He laughed a bit and brought the tea out to me. He sat on the floor in front of my with a cup for him and one for me. I smiled a bit and he frowned. "You're so pale." "Oh I'm fine.." I said to myself, knowing a wasn't. He handed me the tea. I reached out for it and the cat jumped from my lap. Everything then began to get blurry. "Jesus Christ!" He said, setting his tea aside. The sleeves I had pressed to my sides were now stained red. I dropped the tea cup, still smiling. I was visibly shaking now. I fell out of the chair into his arms. "Indy..what? What is-" I interrupted him. "I had to make sure it'd work." I showed him my slit wrist. The last thing I saw was tears in his eyes. The last thing I heard was, "Indy! Please! Wait.."