Status: see oohyaychicken.tumblr.com for information of its updates

Who Will Fix Me Now?

Chapter 11

After a couple hours of cleaning my room with help from Xavier, we decided we’d have another sleepover. So, we snuggled and watched the rest of Blue Exorcist, not speaking a word to each other until…

“Is it time to call Sushi now?”

I roll my eyes playfully at him as I reach over him to grab my phone from the night stand, quickly unlocking my phone and going to his contact and calling him on FaceTime. I pause the show and hand the phone to Xavier, who smiles at the camera when Sushi’s face appears on the small screen. Sushi raises an eyebrow at the unfamiliar face.

“Uh… No offense, but who are you and why do you have Oli’s phone?”

“I’m Oli’s dad and I wanted to meet you.”

I bite my lip to refrain from laughing at Sushi’s what-the-fuck expression.

“His dad..?”

“Yeah. Me and my wife adopted him.”

Sushi furrows his brow and squints at him, probably judging him, to be honest. Who knows.

“Okay.”

“Yeah.”

They sit in an awkward silence for a moment, until Sushi speaks up.

“Tell me about yourself, then?”

Xavier smiles brightly at him and tells of himself as I get up to grab my computer from underneath my bed and my headphones from the nightstand before getting back on the bed and snuggling into Xavier’s side.

I allow Xavier to fulfill his dream of talking to Sushi while I play spotify on a loud but not deafening volume, scrolling through Tumblr and reblogging things to my bullshit blog.

At least until Xavier pulls an earbud out of my ear, smiling at me apologetically when he realizes what he did and how annoying that is.

“Sushi might be my son,” Xavier chirps happily as he hands me my phone back, screen locked. “I’m gonna get approval from Tanner next time I talk to him.”

“Okay, Dad.”

“You know what? We should have a get together! Like, invite all our friends and we all hang out!” Xavier enthusiastically suggests, bouncing on his spot excitedly. “What about this weekend? So Sushi can come too?”

I can’t help but laugh at him a little. “If you weren’t straight, I’d accuse you of having a crush on him.”

“That would be incest, Oli, he might be my son,” Xavier jokes. “He wouldn’t really be my type anyways.”

“What is your type?”

“You, except I’m not into guys. I told you this, remember?”

“Oh,” is all I can dumbly say as I feel a blush heating my cheeks.

“Can we finish watching Blue Exorcist now?” Xavier asks after a moment of silence. I nod and put the computer and phone aside, grabbing the iPad again and quickly going back to the show.