Status: see oohyaychicken.tumblr.com for information of its updates

Who Will Fix Me Now?

Chapter 12

>>>we’re skipping to the weekend c: <<<

It was decided that we would have our little “get together/meet and greet” at Xavier’s house since his parents are away- not like we’re going crazy or anything- and told everyone we invited to show up at like, two or something on Saturday. It’s 1:30 on Saturday right now, but me and Sushi and (oddly) Squishy are already at Xavier’s house because we’re his sons and Tanner is his wife.

Squishy and Xavier are playing some weird zombie game on the Wii together while Sushi and Tanner were watching something on my iPad (since I’m super nice and trusting enough to let them use it), leaving me alone on the loveseat a few feet away from the four with my lyric journal to pass time. I flip through the pages of my book and review everything, feeling proud some, cringing at others, hastily flipping away from the song I worked on with Josh so hard I tear it a little.

I keep going until I get to my most recent entry from a few weeks ago;

a cherry sunset blossoms

but we’re not there to watch it fall

on the vacant canvas, we should be waiting

ith our faces d


And it has a harsh line across it. I decide I’ll try to continue this one a bit and rip the page out, rewriting it all on the next sheet of paper, continuing the line I stopped on.

with our faces down on the grass

staring ‘til our eyes give way

let’s paint this city black

while the night’s still young

you

this cherry sunset withers

our words, as frail as paper

a dawn i thought we’d never see

alone on this silent beach

there is nothing we can do

there is nothing we can do


My mind goes blank after that, and someone drops down onto the loveseat next to me. I glance up and come face to face with none other than Josh Franceschi. He smiles and waves at me, but I can only stare at him back with wide eyes as my heart skips a beat.

Did half an hour really pass that quickly?

“Long time, no see, huh?” Josh asks, attempting small talk, I guess you could say.

“U-uh, yeah,” I whisper, turning back to my journal as I feel my face get hot.

“Still writing lyrics, then?” Josh asks, I nod. “Can I see?”

I shrug and pass him my lyrics, watching from the corner of my eye as he enthusiastically reads over my most recent work. He praises it before flipping to the previous page, and I let him. No harm in letting him, right? It would probably be even more awkward if I stopped him, to be honest.

Josh is a few pages back in my book when a pair of feet enter my vision. I glance up to find Xavier standing there, not looking too pleased to see Josh with me.

“Oli, wanna turn at Overkill?” Xavier asks, waving a Wii remote at me. He’s trying to get me away from Josh…

“Uh, sure,” I agree as I take the remote from my friend, following him to the couch where I sit next to Squishy. Xavier briefly shows me how to play before the level starts.

<>

Only a handful of people are here: me, Xavier, Tanner, Squishy, Sushi, Josh, and Rachelle. I would've thought more people would be here, but I'm definitely not complaining.

Squishy and I are ending the game, and I'm honestly kinda devastated by the time the game ends. I'm surprised Xavier even allowed Squishy to play it, to be honest.

We decide to put on tv shows afterwards. Xavier let Squishy pick the show, who turned on some sort of fashion competition with a bunch of teenage competitors. Xavier seemed really happy with his choice, though…

“Project Runway Junior!” Xavier cheers, plopping down onto the couch between me and Squishy. Xavier turns to me with wide, happy eyes. “Have you seen this show?”

I shake my head. “I’ve only heard of it.”

“Really? I love this show so much!”

“It’s not that good,” Tanner tells me as he sits on the couch at the other side of me.

“No one asked for your two cents, Tanner!” Xavier shouts playfully at his ‘wife’. “Tell him, Squishy!”

“No one asked for your two cents!” Squishy shouts with a cheeky smile, pointing a finger at Tanner.

“Um, excuse me, you don’t talk to your mother that way!” Tanner scolds, playing along with the usual act while I sit awkwardly.

“Well, his father told him to!”

“Why did I ever marry you?!”

Xavier fakes a gasp, grasping where his heart should be for dramatic effect. “Such cruelty! I WANT A DIVORCE!!

Oh, God, not this again…

I glance around at the other people in the house sheepishly, who watched the scene unfold with dumbfoundedly.

Me too, guys.