Status: see oohyaychicken.tumblr.com for information of its updates

Who Will Fix Me Now?

Chapter 13

“I don’t like that Rachelle girl,” Xavier states randomly as we’re laying in my bed, watching the Lucas Brothers on my iPad in my room at three in the morning after the get together thing at Xavier’s house.

“Why not?”

“She’s not a good friend to you.”

I furrow my brows at that, pausing the show to shoot a questioning look to Xavier, who only returns it with one of his serious looks.

“What makes you say that?”

“There’s something off about the way she treats you,” is Xavier’s poor reason. I can’t help but feel annoyed by that, but I don’t feel like arguing with anyone right now, so I just shrug at him and roll my eyes.

“Kay.”

“I’m just trying to look out for you.”

“Kay.”

I hear Xavier sigh as he rolls away from me, turning his back to me. “If you’re gonna be that way, then fine. I’ll leave you alone. Goodnight, son.”

And with that, I go back to watching the cartoon on my iPad. But now that Xavier’s upset and not watching it with me, I’m not really feeling it anymore so I lock my screen and put the device off to the side so I can try to sleep too.

I’m still wide awake after what feels like an hour, though. I feel guilty for treating Xavier the way I did. I know he doesn’t mean any harm and that he only means the best. He’s always been there for me, yet I had an attitude with him over something silly. I mean, Rachelle can be a bit weird sometimes, so I can see where he’s coming from. I guess. But, he did pretty much accuse Rachelle of being a bad friend and didn’t give me a true example of why she is. But, I doubt he meant any harm. He’d never intentionally hurt me.

Knowing that the only way I’d be able to find sleep tonight is to get rid of this overwhelming guilt, I roll over so that I’m facing Xavier. “Are you awake?”

“Yup.”

“Good, ‘cause like, I’m sorry for giving you an attitude. I know you’re just trying to look out for me.”

“It’s okay, love you, son,” Xavier replies happily, and I smile a little.

“Love you too, Dad,” I play along, as usual.

“I can’t sleep without cuddles,” Xavier says as he rolls over to face me.

“We can cuddle.”

And with that, Xavier beams at me before shuffling closer, tossing an arm across my stomach and laying his head on my chest. I wrap my arms around him the best I can, hearing him hum in contentment.

“I like being held.”

“I know,” I whisper back as I close my eyes, finally finding sleep a moment later.