Status: see oohyaychicken.tumblr.com for information of its updates

Who Will Fix Me Now?

Chapter 2

On my way out of the house, I call out to my mom, “Bye, I love you!” to Mom and she returns it just before I leave. I decide to walk to the nearest park, which wasn’t too far away. A couple blocks down from my own house, I notice that one of the homes that has been for sale for quite some time finally had a moving truck parked in the driveway, a couple working on moving furniture in and out of the house. I heard them exchanging words, but I couldn’t make out what they were saying, since it whatever they said was in some foreign language. I shrugged and kept it moving, eventually getting to the park.

I wasn’t the only one at the park, there was another kid swinging on a swing at one end of the set. I moved to the swing at the opposite end and just sit there on it. I could feel him watching me the entire time, but I avoided looking at him. Maybe he would stop if he knew that I wasn’t gonna react to him.

After a minute, I see him get up from the corner of my eye and walk over. He sits on the swing next to mine and starts to swing slightly, still looking towards me, only getting the same reaction.

"I'm Sushi," he suddenly tells me out of nowhere, taking me by surprise. He has an accent, not anything I can recognize though. I look to him and raise an eyebrow at his random statement.

"You're what?"

"My name's Sabastian, but I go by Sushi," he clears up for me, and I smile sheepishly and apologetically. I’m so fucking stupid, I should’ve known.

"Oh, sorry. I'm Oliver, but I go by Oli," I reply politely, making him smile a cute little smile.

"From England, right?" Sushi asks me, noticing my own accent.

"Mhm. What about you?"

"Germany."

I nod, not knowing what else to say. We kinda sit in an awkward silence after that. He kicks at the molch under his feet for a while before replying.

"How old are you?"

"Eighteen."

"Seventeen."

"Cool."

And guess what follows? Another silence. But this time, he breaks it by telling me that he forgot how to get to his house with an awkward laugh. It was kinda pitiful, but cute all the same to me. I nod and ask him where he lived since I know the area well. He reads something off the back of his hand to me, his address. His address turned out to be the house with the moving truck parked in its driveway.

"You new to America?" I ask as I stand, him doing the same. I look down at him, noticing how short he is. He smiles and shakes his head.

"I've lived here for a couple years, actually. I just moved towns," he tells me. “This one is closer to my mom’s job.”

"Oh, alrighty then," I tell him as I lead him to his own home. We talked a bit more, him bringing up Suicide Silence at some point.

I'm pretty sure that's how we became friends, actually. Well,if we’re friends.

We eventually stopped in front of his house and I notice that his parents were still moving things in. He turns to me.

"Wanna exchange numbers?" Sushi asks me hopefully. I shrug and give him my phone, he gives me his. We add our numbers to each other's phones before switching again. He smiles sheepishly at me, “Talk to you later?”

I nod just as his parents notice him home, they call for him when they do, most likely in German. He tells me bye before going over to see what they want and ends up bringing things into the house too. While he does that, I walk two blocks to my own home.

Mom was almost done unpacking the groceries by the time I got home. I sit at the kitchen table as she does.

“Remember that house a couple blocks down?” I ask her, watching her ball up all the gray plastic bags before stuffing them into the container, putting it in its place in the cabinet.

“Yeah. Someone finally move in?”

‘Yup. I met some kid in the park,” I tell her. She looks to me and smirks slightly.

“Oh, you’re blushing!” she teases. “You like him, don’t you?”

I scowl and cover my cheeks childishly with my hands, “No, I just think he’s really cute. I mean, I don’t even know if he’s even into dudes or not.”

“Whatever, tell me about him then!” she says excitedly as she sits in the seat across from me, just like she did when I told her about Josh for the first time. I roll my eyes playfully at her and shrug.

“I don’t know much about him, just that he’s seventeen, goes by Sushi, really short, from Germany, and likes Suicide Silence. I might text him later today or tomorrow or something.”

She smiles at me as she gets up, “Oh, alright then. I’m going to bed, goodnight, Oli.”

“Night.”

I get up myself and follow her up the stairs, turning into my bedroom and getting comfortable on my bed. I pull out my phone and check the time. 9:12pm. Would it be weird if I texted Sushi now? I mean, I don’t even know if he’s trying to go to bed or not, and I literally just walked him home. I roll my eyes at myself and set my phone on the end table. Just do it sometime tomorrow, he’s hopefully not going anywhere.

I roll onto my side and close my eyes, trying to fall asleep too. I’m almost asleep when my phone vibrates, alerting me of a text. I groan and yank my phone back over to me.

Sushi: Bad timing or no?

I chuckle slightly. Looks like I had that argument with myself, what, half an hour ago for nothing. I quickly tap in a reply saying that he was fine and send it. I lay there and stare at the screen as I wait for him to reply. After a while, I see the cloud thing with three flashing dots pop up, quickly followed by a message from him.

Sushi: Good! Cuz I’m done unpacking now and want someone to talk to :P

me: Alright :) Well, what do you wanna talk about then?

Sushi: Idk ;-; you suggest something

me: 20 questions?

Sushi: Cool! But I don’t know how to play. Isn’t it where one person asks the question, the other person answers, and the person who asked answers it too?

me: Idk… Let’s just do it that way :)

Sushi: Who goes?

me: You go.

Sushi: Alright. I’m awkward at this kinda stuff so give me some time.


It’s not until at least five minutes later until he texts me again,

Sushi: Are you in a band?

me: No

Sushi: Me and some friends are thinking about forming a band, you know, next time we all get to see each other again. Most of them are still in Germany.

me: Oh, that’d be pretty cool. What kind of band would it be?

Sushi: Eh, metalcore, I guess

me: If I were to form a band, it’d be deathcore or metalcore.

Sushi: How many friends do you have?


Well...I don’t even know how many I have, and that’s what I tell him. Then he tells me that he has five in Germany and two here in America, me being one of them. The thought of him considering me to be one of his friends made me really happy, you have no fucking idea.

Before I can start typing again, he sends me another message,

Sushi: My mom told me to go to bed, gosh >:( So, I’ll talk to you tomorrow?

me: If you want to :)

Sushi: I do. Good night!

me: Night.


I turn my phone off and put it back in it’s spot and close my eyes again, waiting for sleep to take me. It does after a while.