Status: see oohyaychicken.tumblr.com for information of its updates

Who Will Fix Me Now?

Chapter 3

When I wake up, it’s because my phone loudly and obnoxiously alerted me of a text. I attempt to rub the sleep from my eyes as I grab my phone to see who texted me at what time.

Xavier texted me at fucking three in the morning.

I groan as I unlock my phone, bringing me to Xavier’s message.

Xavier: SON

“What the fuck, god damn it,” I whine sleepily as I type my reply and send it.

me: Ugh what.

Xavier: I feel like shit and you’re my favorite son. Meet me at the park pls

me: Okay, hang on, I’ll see you in a few


When he doesn’t reply, I pull myself out of bed and head straight to the park. I’m too fucking tired to make myself look presentable, and anyways, no one’s gonna see me except for Xavier. He’s lucky he’s literally my best friend at the moment or I would’ve stayed my ass in bed and try to go back to sleep.

Well, I probably would’ve gotten up even if he wasn’t. Just to make sure he’s okay.

I’m sitting on one of the swings at the park before I know it, at the same swing I was on just the day before. Xavier arrives soon after and sits at the swing next to mine without a word.

He’s definitely not okay right now.

We sit in silence for a while as he begins to swing on his swing a little. I opt to kick at the mulch by my feet, groaning when some of the chunks of wood somehow find their way into my shoe.

“You okay?” Xavier asks me when he hears the groan.

“I should be asking you that right now,” I tell him instead. He sighs as he stops swinging and starts spinning instead, twisting the chains together.

“I feel like shit,” he tells me again. He continues to twist the chains until his feet barely touch the ground. He lifts his feet off the ground completely, causing the chains to untwist at a fast speed. He desperately clings to the chains with wide eyes as he almost falls off the swing when it’s done untwisting, and I start to wonder for a second why I’m even friends with this dork.

“Why?”

“Because I am shit.”

The shit.”

“The shittiest.”

“Xavier, why do you think you're shit?"

"I don't think I'm ready to talk about it yet," he mumbles as he starts to swing a bit.

"Then why do you have me at the park in the middle of the night?"

"Because I really need a friend with me right now and you're the first person who came to mind."

I don't say anything as I use the toe of my shoes to draw a smiley in the mulch, only to knock the mulch over the picture again when I'm done. I'm starting on a heart when Xavier speaks up again.

"I'm sorry."

I furrow my brows and look up at my friend, who's awkwardly toeing at the mulch himself, "For what?"

"Wasting your time."

"You're not. Would I be here if you were?"

"I guess not..."

"I love you, Xavier. You're my best friend. I'd fucking sit with you and do nothing but watch paint dry if it would make you feel better," I reassure him. He only nods though, so I know he doesn't believe me. I sigh as I stand, Xavier's head snaps up and he makes eye contact with me.

"You're leaving?" he worriedly asks, not even bothering to mask his disappointment as he stares up at me with begging eyes. I shake my head.

"I'm taking you to my house. It's late and I'm tired, but I don't trust you alone right now."

He nods as he gets up, "Can I have a hug?"

I nod and smile as I hold my arms open for him, and he throws himself into my embrace, burying his face into my neck.

"Thank you for being here for me," he chokes, then I feel something wet on my skin. He tightens his hold on me as he lets out a small cry, tightening his grip with every cry that comes after.

I don't know how long he cried into my shoulder, but he eventually calms down and pulls away, wiping his messy face with the sleeves of his hoodie before faking a smile.

"Alright, son! Lead the way!"

<><><>

I'm not able to fall asleep again when we get home so I binge watch a random anime on my iPad while Xavier sleeps wildly. I guess you could say that him sleeping wildly would be an understatement, considering the fact that he somehow managed to get himself curled up on my stomach. I'm not really complaining since I can lean my iPad against his head and have my hands under my head comfortably.

Xavier doesn't wake up until around seven in the morning, who gets off of my stomach, so I have to use my hands to hold onto the device that was previously being held up by his head. He rests his head on my shoulder to see what I'm watching, and I kindly give my best friend an earbud so he can hear too.

"What show is this?" he asks groggily after a minute.

"Uh... I think it's called Serial Experiments Lain."

"What's it about?"

"I honestly have no idea but I kinda like it."

He doesn't say anything else as he continues to watch it. Some hours later, we're finishing the show.

"I guess that one was okay," he tells me and I remind him that he missed like half of the show since he was asleep. Then I ask him if he has to go home, and he says no, he wants to watch another show with me.

"Okay. Anything in particular you want to watch?" I ask him. He thinks about it, then nods.

"Have you seen Blue Exorcist yet? I heard it was good."

I shake my head and type it in the search bar, clicking on it when it pops up.

<><><>

We watch about half of the show until Xavier decides he wants to get up and move around for a bit but doesn't want me to watch any more of Blue Exorcist without him. I follow him into the kitchen, where he makes himself a bowl of Cheerios and allows himself to get comfortable on the counter.

“You’re the best son ever,” he smiles as he digs into his cereal happily. I smile at him as I lean against the counter next to him, waiting for him to finish up.

“Thanks, Dad,” I play along, making him laugh. He looks to me and adoringly smiles at me.

“Y’know, I’d totally date you if I wasn’t straight.”

I blush and avert my eyes at that.

“I’m kidding! That’s incest!” Xavier laughs at us. “Oh, man, I’m funny, right?”

“Sure, Xavier.”

Xavier scoops up a spoonful of cereal and brings it to his lips, but starts cracking up again and spills his spoonful all over his lap, and I can’t help but laugh at him. He sets his cereal aside once he calms himself down and hops down off the counter. “Can we go to my house? I kinda need new jeans.”

“Yeah, that’s fine.”

“We should go to the mall! Wanna go to the mall with me?”

I raise an eyebrow at his sudden urge to go out to the mall but agree anyway. I quickly go upstairs and change into my usual outfit: black skinny jeans, any pair of vans, and my black Slipknot hoodie. I grab my phone before heading downstairs again, where Xavier waits by the front door for me to return. He looks confused about something when he sees me but doesn’t say anything as he leads me to his house.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this chapter took so long :( I'll have the next chapter up soon though, probably within the next few days :) I might add a new character to the story again, I don't know if it's gonna be one of my characters or not though. most likely not. but if I do add a new character, they'll come in next chapter :) idk xD
Thank you, guys <3