Status: see oohyaychicken.tumblr.com for information of its updates

Who Will Fix Me Now?

Chapter 6

“I think I’m gonna go on a walk real quick,” Xavier announces as he stands up before turning to me. “Oli, can you come with me so I’m not alone?”

I nod as I get up and follow Xavier out of the house, closing the goddamn door behind myself. As we step onto the sidewalk, Xavier speaks up.

“Oli,” he starts seriously, scaring me a bit. This isn’t like Xavier at all, he’s never serious about anything. “You didn’t eat anything at all today, but you say you’re not hungry… I’m worried, Oli.”

The color drains from my face and I’m overwhelmed with dread at the news of being caught. I was with him literally all day, of course he’s gonna notice that I’ve eaten nothing. I risk a glance at Xavier and my anxiety-riddled eyes meet his sad, concerned ones. The look in his eyes make me feel guilty as I avert my gaze to my van-clad feet.

“Is there something you want to tell me?” he then asks me. I’m already caught, there’s no need to lie about it, and anyways, I’m close enough to Xavier to trust him with anything at this point.

“I’m just trying to lose some weight.”

“Tell me why?”

“I wasn’t good enough for Josh so he left me for someone else,” I admit. “He only likes skinny people so he left me.”

Xavier stops walking and pulls me into his chest, resting his chin on my head. I wrap my arms around the taller kid, returning the hug.

“You’re a lovely person who doesn’t deserve all of this. I really love you, son,” he whispers, soothingly rubbing circles into my back, and I relax more in his arms.

“Rachelle told me that Josh would like me better if I was skinny like her,” I confess.

“So you’re trying to look good for Josh?” Xavier concludes, and I nod. “You know what I think? I think that you’re a god compared to Rachelle and Josh combined.”

“Thanks,” I whisper back as I start to blush.

“Always. I’m here for you, okay?”

“Okay.”
♠ ♠ ♠
so as i stated on tumblr, my chapters will most likely be shorter from now on. it's easier for me to be able to update for you guys more often bc i had a goal of 1000+ words for each chapter and i think that's one of the things that made me struggle to update at a reasonable time.