Status: see oohyaychicken.tumblr.com for information of its updates

Who Will Fix Me Now?

Chapter 7

I stayed at Tanner’s place for an hour longer after the talk between Xavier and I. Tanner was kind enough to drive me home since his house isn’t exactly walking distance from mine. I would’ve walked anyways but it’s dark out now and there’s no way I’m walking home alone in the dark.

Tanner doesn’t drive away until I get my door unlocked and I’m safely inside. I grab my phone from my pocket and power it on again to see the time, 9:13pm. Mom shouldn’t be asleep just yet, so I make my way upstairs to my mother’s room. I knock on the door a couple times and she calls me in.

“Hey,” she greets me from her position on the bed as I enter the room. I return the greeting as I plop down next to her. “Where were you today?”

“I went to the mall with Xavier,” I answer, purposefully leaving out the fact that we went to Tanner’s house afterwards. She doesn’t really like Tanner too much because she says he’s rude and stuck-up. He’s really not though, he just gave off a bad first impression when he came over for the first time.

“That’s good, honey. You really don’t get out of the house much,” she smiles at me before rolling over and turning her lamp off. “I think I’ll go to bed early tonight. Night.”

“Night, Mom,” I say before getting up and going back to my room. I pull my sweater over my head and toss it somewhere random before grabbing the first shirt I get to, not caring if it’s dirty or not.

My phone starts ringing in my back pocket as I kick my shoes off. I smile from excitement, knowing that it’s either Jack, Alex, or Tom, since everyone else just texts me instead.

I grab my phone from my pocket and look to the caller ID: Tom. I hit the answer button and put it between my ear and my shoulder so I can finish getting dressed.

“Hey, Tom!” I chirp happily. “It’s been a while.”

“It’s only been a couple months,” Tom answers, but still sounds as happy as I am.

“Exactly, it’s been a while.”

“I guess so. Everything going alright over there?” Tom asks as I finish dressing into comfier clothing, sliding into bed for the night.

“Yeah, Xavier took me to the mall today and humiliated me. How’s Aunt Kelly and Uncle Zaire?”

Tom groans into the phone. ”Unfortunately, they’re doing okay.”

“Awe, they can’t be that bad,” I tease. I don’t even have to see my younger brother to know he’s rolling his eyes right now.

“They are. They still discipline with switches, Oli. You remember how much that shit hurt.”

When Tom and I were smaller and they were still living in the area, they would send us outside to pick a thin stick when we were misbehaving. They’d use the stick to spank us with it and it was one of the worst things in the world.

“Oh, yeah. I remember that,” I say, and I feel my bottom start to sting from the memories.

“Mhm. Everyday, dude,” Tom sighs. Before I can reply, I faintly hear Aunt Kelly shout at him from the other end to “take his ass to bed” because they have church tomorrow. We say our goodbyes before he hangs up. I start to get sad again as I lock the screen and lay the device on my nightstand. I miss Tom already, but he can’t talk very often. I have no idea when we’ll be able to talk next, and that really depresses me.

And with that, I slowly drift off to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
My mom actually did spank me and my sister with switches and it was really devastating xD