Status: Please subscribe and I would love to receive some comments!

To Feel What Love Is

Chapter Two

It's been seven years since I left the last of my family behind, seven years since I faced a demon. I didn't know then, but I do now after I researched it. Since leaving, I lay low, and hide in the shadows, I still don't know what I am tho. I'm currently in PA, drawn here for work situations.
"Ryder!" Oh yeah, my name is no longer Rae or Rachel, its Ryder, "Come help me get this dress right." My boss, Ash,called and I stuck pens into a cushion as I grabbed part of the wedding dress she was altering and heaved the heavy fabric further on the bust. She pinned it up with stronger pins before allowing me to let go so she could sew it into place. I bell upfront dinged and I ran off to answer it, leaving Ash to finish that part of the dress. Up front was a tall slender male with black hair that stopped about shoulder length, tattoos, and lip piercings,he was glancing over at the wedding dresses.
"That's a beautiful dress, but the Vera Wang in the corner is much prettier." I said, pointed out to a blush wedding gown with crystal embellishments down all the sides. He laughed as he looked over at me, "It is pretty, the corset back really draws it together." he commented before looking down at me, "I would absolutely love to wear a Vera Wang wedding dress but I need a new suit, I split bleach on my old one." He said sheepishly. Who puts bleach next t suits? Why? Oh well, more work for my happy, broke, and shapely gorgeous ass.
"Well,I can certainly do that, I'm just going to need some measurements." I said, pulling measuring tap from my pocket and leading him to a separate room out from the gallery floor. I measured his arms, around his waist, biceps, and leg lengths, grateful when he didn't make a comment about how close I was to his man parts like a lot of other men like to do.
Note to the guys, piss off your tailor, you may get a pen into your scrotum.
"Alright, so you're going to come back in next week for a fitting, and a final fitting in two weeks." I said, sketching down the appointments on a card, "Also, can I get a name for the card?" I asked, looking up at my customer.
"You can call me Chris Cerulli." He said as I scribbled the name down and stuck it into the appointment schedules. We said out goodbyes as he left and I finished the paperwork for his order, nothing in this shop was computerized sadly, so everything was organised into files. By the time I was done and gave the order to Ash, it was the end of my shift and my weekend off. I locked the front door and started off to my apartment, it was a sunny day here in Scranton, and I was in the mood to go home and watch netflix, Orange Is The New Black was calling my name. After getting to my apartment building, an uneasy feeling fell over me as I unlocked my door and stepped in. My place was trashed, papers where shredded and thrown around, tables broken and splinters of wood covered the floors. I took a step in further before a black furry mass caught my attention down the hall. It was a demon, it was much like a very large Ox, and he was currently shuffling through a closet full of clothes. He must have smelt my scent because he whirled around, smoke and fire gushing out of his nose.
"Ah! I was wondering where the scum was hiding!" He bellowed, his red eyes taking in my tiny frame, "I must say, for one some that is seemingly so powerful, you look so weak." He snorted, my necklace was giving off heat and energy as he spoke. I've killed stronger demons before, it shouldn't be much different. Just as I thought that, the demon gave a beastly snort and started to grow, he grew from the size of a man to the size of an horse, his horns almost busting a hole in the wall when he shook his head. He no longer spoke English but instead acted like the beast he is and ,after kneeing the ground with a black hoof, charged me. I barley had time to dodge it's razor sharp horns as he swung his head, tearing a hole into the side of my jeans, leaving a cut behind. He turned around and charged again as I scrambled up off the floor and running down the hall. I turned into my room quickly, and when the demon tried to do the same, he horns got stuck in the wooden door way. I took the chance and bolt back, touching him in the forehead with my fingertips. The surge of energy caused him to howl in agony, but it was not going down. I tried it again but it powered through the pain and finally freed himself.
"You are not as strong as you are told, just like your appearance you are weak and an easy kill." The beast laughed, the only mark of my power was a white spot left between his beady eyes. He was the first demon to ever survive my touch, my only hope now is to run and hope I could lose him. He bowed his head and started to charge but froze before he could break through my doorway. His eyes rolled back in into his head before melting entirely. Smoke replaced it as it poured from it's ears, eyes, and mouth that had fallen open. It's locked knees gave out and as I fell the ground, it's body disappeared into a puff of smoke and a dark figure took over it's space.
"Shit, first one powerful demon now another one?" I groaned, the dark figure just chuckled, I recognize the chuckle but the dust kept me from actually figuring it out. I took a step forward, keeping my hands open encase I need to defend myself. The dust started to clear but the demon stayed in the shadow till it almost seemed he was the shadow. He lunged quickly out and grabbed my face, his hands engulfing my cheeks as I was forced to look into his eyes, they were a grey but that was all that I could make out before pain shot through my skull. It didn't hold the same power that was used against the bull because I'd be a pile of dust on the ground. I feel to my knees and pressed my temples, trying to release the pain that now thumped on the inside of my head. The demon above me started to laugh, it wasn't like the chuckle, but an actual laugh that increasingly go louder and louder til it drowned out my own thoughts. The edges in my vision blurred and I looked up in a haze at the dark figure that stood above me, my vision going from blurry to dark as the voice spoke to me one last time before I blacked out.
"Goodnight Rachel."