Status: Please subscribe and I would love to receive some comments!

To Feel What Love Is

Chapter Six

Everything was black,and there was a weight on my lap as my mind returned to it's human body. The first thing I noticed was the air had a very salty scent to it, meaning we were at the beach or Salt Lake city. I slowly moved my body limbs which were sore and weak, when I finally moved my neck, pain shot down my spine.
"Mother fucking, fuck, fuck." I growled, shooting up. I left the weight jump off my lap and when I finally opened my eyes and squinted against the light did I find a white cat, all fluffed out and looking surprised at me. "Good morning Ricky." He quickly shifted and rushed back over to me.
"Ryder! Are you hurt? Why'd you curse?" He asked quickly, handing me pills and my necklace. I took the pills and slipped on the necklace gratefully as Ricky kept babbling questons.
"My neck is killing me, I'm sore as fuck, where the fuck are we?" I asked,trying to calm him down as Chris walked in, almost taken back that I was awake.
"Currently, Hawaii, and I bit you, I gave you some of my blood." He said sheepishly, looking down as Chris walked over.
"Holy shit, you are awake." He said, looking down at me, "We've been here almost a week, your body must have been on an overload which you transform so suddenly." He said with a small smile before turning and opening a dresser, handing me some slack clothes. Both him and Ricky turned around as I put on the large black shirt and sweats stiffly before ushering me out of the room. They must have a thing about that now that I'm awake to keep me out of that room. I wandered around the house a bit, exploring the new lay out and even stumbled into Devin who laughed and gave me a hug. He offered me a feeding but I declined since I had on the necklace. He headed back to him room as I wandered even more and found myself staring out of a massive window and out over a beach, Ryan was down there surfing with Josh. I squealed and ran back to the front of the house. Thanks to my necklace, all the pain was pretty much gone.
"Ricky! There's a beach!" I squealed, almost running over the small man.
"I know, the entire myth about vampires can't be in sunlight exactly that, a mere myth." He said, sipping from a coffee mug that reads "Hail Lucipurr" with a black and white kitten on it. It was fitting for the weird cat-demon.
"Can you come with me? I wanna gooooo" I whined, leaning on the back of the leather chair he was reclining in. He chuckled a bit at my childlike actions.
"I would love to BUT I hate water, the whole cat thing still applies to me, so H2O is a no go. I'm sure Chris would love to go tho, he needs some sun on his goth ass" He said,I thanked him before heading off to change and then to find Chris. Back in my room I found a black one piece that halters around my neck. the moment I stepped out of the room and started looking for Chris, he appeared in front of me. He took one look at my outfit and gave me a small smile.
"Yes, i'll go down to the beach with you" He said and headed to the door, he must have heard my thoughts before hand cause he was already in red and black striped swim trunks.
The wind from the beach pushed my hair from my face as we stepped on to the white sand, Ryan and Josh's laughs carried with the wind as we headed down to meet them. I placed my stuff down next to a chair that was already out there, white sand getting kicked up from the wind and my feet sunk deeper into it.
"Last one in the water is a rotten egg!" I challenged Chris, taking off to the crystal clear water. He was close behind and I knew he was letting me win cause his legs were as long as my entire body. When the water was up to my knees I dived into it and swam over to Josh, who almost had a heart attack when I broke the water's surface next to him.
"Ah! Sex demon!" he scream, pretending to have a heart attack and clutched his chest. His tunnels were out of his ears and he was sitting on top of a surf board. His hair was sleeked back from the salty water and his skin looked a bit burnt, it was quite an interesting site since I've only ever seen these men in black skinny jeans and eye liner.
"Hey, freak, hows the waves?" I asked, looking over at Ryan a few yards away who was flipped off his board where Chris now sat on top of triumphantly.
"Pretty good actually, want to join me?" His offer shocked me since I barely knew him but he offered me his hand and helped me on the board in front of him, "When were in front of a wave, start paddling, and stand up when I stand up. I'll kick and paddle too." He said, we floated a bit, watching Ryan and Chris mess around til the water started pulling us back. I started to paddle as the water rose and the board went with it. Josh's large hands on my hips helped me stand as the surf board rushed forwards with the water, If Josh wasn't holding me, would have certainly wiped out by now. I could feel him leaning a bit to help steady the board but he suddenly made the board turn and I almost fell off. His gripped tightened as the wave headed to the sandy coast and we fell into the water, the board unstable for two people at a stand still.
"You almost gave me a heart attack!" I shouted when we surfaced, my laughs gave away how amused I was instead of upset. Josh chuckled at me, as I trended water next to him.
"It's just water, it wouldn't hurt for long." He said, splashing me humorously. I splashed back before swimming back over to the board and sitting on top of it. Chris and Ryan were now farther away and on the beach. I felt the water move around me and I glanced over at Josh who was manipulating the water to move around him, the water splashing up occasionally when he flicks a finger.
"So are you a water demon?" I asked,he looked up and spun the board and myself clock wise by circling his finger in the air, he nodded and stopped the spinning before sending a wave to topple me off the board. I yelped when I fell into the water next to him and surfaced to splash Josh with more water. He easily dodged the water and sent water splashing up at me in return.
"Oh, your such as ass." I laughed, climbing back up on the board.
"And your a fine piece of one." He said with a wink as he started pushing the board towards the beach, allowing me to ride on it as he glided through the water.