Status: I'm just experimenting with this. If this becomes popular than I will write more (I wrote this when I was younger, I'll try rewriting it, just to see how much I've improved)

Addiction

Chapter 1

Louis fumbled with the numerous keys dangling from his key chain, trying to find the house key he needed desperately. He let out a sigh of relief when he finally found it. He unlocked the door and walked inside, taking of his coat and tossing it on the couch. "Here I am, back in this dump." Louis grumbled to himself. He would have stayed longer at the bar, but the bartender refused to give Louis another drink, seeing as he could barely manage to form sentences. If it weren't already obvious, Louis was, no, Louis is an alcoholic. He could handle a drink or three, but as soon as he had finished a fifth one, he was long gone. Hence, why he was kicked out of the bar.

He walked to the kitchen and opened the fridge. In the fridge was nothing, except old Chinese take out, something Louis couldn't bother to eat right now. What he could really go for is a nice home cooked meal. But his old roomie was tired of cleaning up after Louis' hangover aftermaths. So, he simply left, and took his cooking with him. Which leaves Louis with no other choice but to starve.

He groans, wishing his life had played out a lot differently. He once had it all, a good job, a family who appreciated everything he did, and of course a girlfriend who he loved more than anything in the world. At least, that's what he always told himself. He then let a mischievous grin creep onto his face. A little visit to Margret wouldn't hurt, he thought to himself. Margret Stewart, Louis' ex. She has red hair and blue eyes like the sky on a cloudy day. Her smile, let alone, could make a man envious of her current spouse. She had a way with wording things too. Like she actually cared about why you were puking your insides out, on a gloomy Saturday at one in the morning.

That's what Louis missed most about her. He knows that she never gave a shit about anything but his paycheck, but it felt nice to have someone depend on him for almost everything. Now it's the other way around.

That's why Louis finds himself in front of her front door Struggling to find out what it is he's actually there for.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is just a short chapter, just experimenting with the story*

*rewritten