Status: I'm just experimenting with this. If this becomes popular than I will write more (I wrote this when I was younger, I'll try rewriting it, just to see how much I've improved)

Addiction

Chapter 2

Louis hesitates on entering the apartment building. Convincing himself that it was a bad idea, which it was, but there wasn't anyone else to tell him so and he definitely wasn't sober enough to make the right decision on his own. Louis ignores the uneasy feeling in his gut and walks in with what he thinks is confidence. To everyone else it's awkward. The walk there felt longer than usual, Louis blames it on his reluctant behavior to come inside earlier.

He arrives at Margaret's door. Nothing had changed over the years since he'd last seen it (although the last he saw it, it was being slammed in his face and his eyes were teary). The wreath he made her still hangs on the door, most of the leaves are dead and it's slowly falling apart. Sounds familiar. Louis goes to touch it, but it immediately falls to the ground and as he goes to pick it up he hits his head on the door. He lets out a string of curses and feels tears spring to his eyes. He could handle the physical and emotional pain, but it only hurt more when the door swings open and Louis refuses to look up. He’s not sure if he could handle seeing the woman he gave everything to anymore.

His head shot up when he heard a low voice, trying to recall if Margaret ever sounded that way ever when he had been with her.
Except it’s not her, as a matter of fact, he’s convinced that this is the wrong apartment. Maybe some weirdo who loves to keep things the previous occupant was too lazy to take. “I-I’m sorry! I must have the wrong apartment, this just looked like something that... meant a lot to me.” Not Margaret shrugs off Louis’ words. “It’s whatever, we’ve been meaning to take it down for a while now.”

Louis nods, standing up to hand the man his sad little wreath. He had planned on leaving right after, he really did, but a glimpse of a certain red head walking across the inside living space caught his attention. He must’ve been staring for too long because the man in front of him tensed up, making him appear a lot bigger than he had before (and that’s saying a lot). Now with this ‘bodybuilder’ blocking his way, Louis really got a good look at him.

Aside from the mom jeans and 70’s pop reference shirt, this guy didn’t look all too bad. He seems like the type his mother was always trying to hook him up with in his early 20’s. A brunette, nice green eyes, nicer pink lips, strong jaw line, bushy-ish eyebrows, and a ‘beard’. Not to mention the obvious height difference, the guy looked like he had stepped right out of Barbie’s DreamHouse. Everything’s perfect, well almost, the facial hair was a force to be reckoned with.

“Listen, there’s someone here I’d love to talk to, if you could just give me five minutes. It won’t take long, I promise.” Louis doesn’t even realize he’s on the verge of begging until he catches the quick flash of guilt on the makeshift Ken doll’s face. With a quiet huff, he steps to the side and lets Louis inside. Everything looked so different. There weren’t coffee stains on the counters or stray take out wrappers littering the carpet. Louis also noted the subtle pine cone scent, it was a nice change. He much preferred pine cone over vomit any day. He was in so much awe, he almost forgot what he had even came for.

He was quickly reminded when a mess of red hair and Disney pajamas waltzed out of the bathroom. She looked breathtaking. “Thanks, uhm, what are you doing here?” Louis is puzzled but common sense led him to believe he had spoken out loud. He quickly tried to make himself look presentable (which wasn’t going to happen anyways. It’s hard to look professional in a sweatshirt and sweatpants with various stain on them.), “I’m not sure really, just felt like I had to see you.”. He smiles, winning her over immediately and everything went smoothly from there on. Is how he’d like to remember it.

Instead, he smiles and Margaret yells curses at him. Most of them hurt, others were very reasonable (“it’s 3 AM, are you out of your mind?! This is precious sleep time you’re wasting!”). He knows it’s bad because he could see ‘Ken’ cringe out of embarrassment out of the corner of his eye. Louis didn’t get a word in edgewise at all. Margaret sighs once her rant is over, turning toward Ken. “Harry, could you please escort our guess?”. Ah, so that’s his name. Harry is much kinder to Louis, he does exactly as he’s told. But he still apologizes to Louis before closing the door. It didn’t make Louis feel any better though, if anything, it made him more empty than before.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hm.... Looks like Margret found another lover. Or should I say victim.....

*rewritten