I'm the Last One That You'll Ever Remember

Chapter 105: Try Again

Poison’s comment compelled Frank to shut his eyes and turn away from the sight of him because of how much it made his heart ache for him. This man was a murderous kidnapper...and yet his response sounded so damn amorous and tender.

That was impossible! There was no way this man could have any knowledge of what love was! How could you have the ability to care so deeply for a person and yet run around snatching other people from their homes and murdering them slowly? How do those two opposite traits go hand in hand in a person?

It’s just my goddamn pregnancy hormones making me think these crazy things, Frank mentally told himself with a firm shake of his head. Poison wasn’t being romantic towards him…hell, Poison didn’t even give a damn about him! If he did he never would have kidnapped him in the first place! When you care about someone you introduce yourself and get to know them, not invade a camping site to chase them through the woods and into a small river.

Getting a grip on his delicate emotions and ludicrous ideologies, Frank took a deep breath before slowly opening his hazel eyes again, turning around and aiming them at the man before him. When he spoke, his voice was an uneven, watery murmur than before. “Why are you here, Poison? What do you want from me now that would urge you to travel across the country and break into MY home?”

“Why do you think I’m here?” Poison demanded to know before taking a step towards him. He was infuriated by Frank’s disappearing act back in New Jersey and now finding him here in the company of another man that he claimed was simply a co-worker. It was a fury that refused to be extinguished until his questions were answered and answered with only the truth. Frank told him this Barry guy was someone he worked with, and yet he went to dinner and a movie with him? Who does that with their co-workers that they have a platonic relationship with?

Then again, Poison doesn’t exactly have a lot of experience living a normal healthy social life consisting of family, friends, a job, and co-workers. He was a killer and had always been one since he was little. You could say it was written in the stars for him to become what he is now and he’ll be damned to allow some Barry bastard to come into his lover’s home and take him out on a night on the town!

Poison’s hands curled into tight fists at his side as his light brown eyes narrowed on his much younger lover. “I came to find out why the hell you thought it would be funny to move from New Jersey all the way over here without telling me! Did you have a good laugh imagining how I’d react to your disappearing act, huh? Did you and that piece of shit Barry have a good little pillow talk about it in bed while I’ve been tracking your ass down!?”

Evidently, Poison still had the wrong idea about Frank and Barry stuck in his mind. They weren’t lovers, Frank had already made this clear, and they never would become lovers because Barry Morgan was a lot of work to deal with what with him being an unfaithful partner. And even if he could commit to one person, Frank still wouldn’t accept his offer to become more because…well, Frank hadn’t been in a good place since Gerard left him. Yes, their relationship was short for as long as it lasted but within that time Frank felt something he’d never felt before…his first love with an actual person.

But as marvelous as it felt, as dazzling as it looked and as deeply as Frank cherished every second spent in it, it obviously wasn’t meant to be. Now Gerard was somewhere out there…possible in the arms of another person that wasn’t a freak that got impregnated multiple times by his kidnapper whom he never truly denied whenever he’d re-enter his life only to slide back between his legs before evaporating again. The only person he’s ever had consistently in his life that wasn’t blood-related to him was this Killjoy before him that went by the name of Poison. As livid as he was right now, Frank knew he wouldn’t leave him alone if he didn’t give him some answers. Sadly, what came along with answers were either lies or truths, and Frank didn’t want to lie anymore though it still is the smartest option. Poison couldn’t EVER know the truth about his children, but Frank was so damn tired of lying to him and swore if he had to do it one more time it would be like poisoning his unborn child. Despite that he had to keep lying…he just had to.

Breathing in and out to calm himself down, Frank lifted his hand to rest it over his stomach. They say pregnant people should stay stress-free as much as they could because it could harm the baby, and that’s exactly what he didn’t want. He had to somehow stay serene and relaxed in this outrageously emotional confrontation between two people that just wanted to yell and stomp their feet like spoiled kids having a tantrum. “I-I told you…I came here to move on with my life…and I suggest you go back home and do the same.”

If Poison wasn’t so deeply in love with Frank he’d slap the hell out of him for ever thinking he could make such a cold heartless suggestion like that to his face after all he’s been through for him. His jaw hardened as he held back a curse, glanced away shortly, and then returning his narrow eyes back to Frank. He gave him a shake of his head, objecting to his stupid advice. “Haven’t you learned anything at all throughout our relationship, Frankie?”

Frank felt his breath caught as he stared up at him with rising distress. He softly whimpered to make him stop before he could answer the question for him. “N-No…”

“You CAN’T escape me!” Poison reminded him firmly, his eyes glaring intensely at him.

“No, Poison!” Frank cried out, tears of failure forming in his eyes again. He couldn’t listen to this anymore, and so he lifted his hands to cover his own ears to silence the words. “Stop it right now!”

“You WON’T ever escape because you are MINE!” Poison reminded him with a growl, not listening to his pleas. He didn’t care what Frank wanted at this moment. He was going to say what he had to say because this boy continued to play dumb about their situation even after two years of them going back and forth with each other. “Don’t you fucking understand what that means?”

“I SAID STOP IT!” Frank yelled at him, not wishing to let him continue to state the facts that he was in denial about. After two years, Poison had all the time in the world to walk away scotch free from the crime he committed and never look back, but he didn’t. He remained there, always a presence that would reveal himself only when he wanted to and to always take him to bed. Did this man not know any better?

“YOU BELONG TO ME!” Poison yelled back, his voice rising higher than Frank’s. He was damn near panting in temper as he closed the small distance between them until they were almost chest to chest with one another. Only then did he lower his voice, but the bitterness in his voice was still evident. “That’s what that fucking means…you belong to me, and no one else alive or dead can ever change that!”

The tears trailed down Frank’s cheeks as he panted softly from exertion. Fighting Poison was wearing him out. More than anything he just wanted to let Poison win and do what he wanted with him. He was tired, emotionally and physically, and the stress that’s being pressed on his unborn child had to relieved for it’s health! But for the sake of his other children sleeping upstairs, Frank kept clashing on ahead. “I…” He licked his lips because his voice came out hoarse and small compared to POison's. “I-I…belong t-to no one.”

“BULLSHIT!” Poison shouted down at him, not caring that he made him flinch. He was tired of Frank hanging onto the lies being fed to him by everyone else in his life. He did belong to him and he always will. They were soulmates in a way that couldn’t be understood by others. It was an entirely different language of their own, a new way of life that only they knew. Frank would see it if too if he’d stop fighting him. “You need to get your head out of your fucking ass and see the truth for what it blatantly is!”

“I AM!” Frank cried in frustration, squeezing his eyes shut against the emotional pain he was suffering with.

“No, you’re not! You’re believing all the bullshit those fucking doctors have been feeding you since your parents forced you to go see them!” Poison reminded him. “If you knew the truth you’d see that you belonged to me from the very fucking moment I caught your ass down by the river on your 15th birthday!”

Frank shrank a step back from him with a gasp. His hazel eyes stared up at him in horror because internally he knew he was right. He did belong to this man from that moment back. It made no sense then, but it was beginning to now.

“Now, tell me again why the fuck you left New jersey to come here?!” Poison demanded impatiently, waiting to for the lies to start spilling so he could call him out on it.

“I-I told you…I’m moving o-” Frank stumbled to say with difficulty, no longer believing his own lie at this point.

“BULLSHIT!” Poison cut him off fiercely, not at all in a forgiving mood to go easy on him. “TRY AGAIN!”

“P-Poison, please!” Frank begged him with a whimper. He was feeling uneasy all of a sudden, as if something was wrong. His eyes lifted to stare up at the ceiling where his children slept upstairs. If they hadn’t woken up yet due to their parents fighting, they were about to. “Please, I-I need you to keep y-your voice down!”

“WHY?” Poison shouted, still refusing to listen to any of his pleas as he threw up his hands in irritation. “SO YOU CAN LIE TO ME AGAI-”

A sharp wail from one of their children upstairs echoed so loud it traveled down the stairs and entered the living room to their father off. Simultaneously, their heads snap in the direction of the stairwell. Frank let out a curse filled with panic. “SHIT!”

Poison watched silently as his lover sprinted past him like a bolt of lightning and up the stairs, abandoning him and their unfinished argument. That single cry reminded him that Frank had a child up there...but why? Perhaps now would be the time to ask him. Maybe that was a question he’d answer without lying through his teeth. With a growl, Poison strode over the stairs and took the steps two at a time after Frank. He was gonna get to the bottom of this one way or another.