I'm the Last One That You'll Ever Remember

Chapter 122: That Black-Haired Perv?

After Gerard recounted of his tenacious brother's eagerness to infiltrate his now covert life, the couple didn't bring it up again. In fact, they left it off at that which Frank found outlandish because it seemed like an incomplete discussion. But now looking back at it again, he supposed Gerard did conclude his case. The redhead's very intention was to construct a sure fire plan that would persuade him to discount his turbulent ordeal under his brother's thumb and...what, befriend him?

It's already insane enough that Frank was in love with Gerard, his kidnapper, and was competing everyday to keep from giving in and flinging himself into the older man's arms like a whore, but now he's expected to bestow his brother entry into their lives and home? No, that was too much to ask of him, just like Gerard stated. Frank at least knew his kidnapper, but his brother? He didn't exactly know Kobra all that well and if he was the leader of the Killjoys, didn't that make him 100x worse than Gerard?

“Pumpkin?” His mother invited through the phone. “Are you still there?”

“Frankie?” Gerard gingerly whispered from where he sat across his bed from him with Jasiah lying on his chest gnawing on his teething ring. Between them were the twins watching the cartoons flashing on the TV in their pajamas. Even though Frank hadn't been chatting to him this whole time, Gerard had been listening in to his exchange with his mother because he was about to drop the announcement of his impending pregnancy. He was interested to know what she would say.

“Huh?” Frank peeked at Gerard who gestured to the phone in his hand and then indicated to his ear. He was instructing him to communicate with his mother. With a shake of his head, Frank refocused himself and apologized to his mother. “Right, sorry mommy, I was spacing out on something. What were you saying?”

“That's alright, Pumpkin.” Margo cooed, pardoning her only child. “You were mentioning a surprise for me and your father?”

“Oh, right!” Frank cited as his stomach spewed into nervous butterflies again. He wasn't sure how they would feel about another grandchild coming...especially from Gerard who they didn't know as his kidnapper but as a former babysitter. But neither could he allow that to subdue him from giving them the news. No matter what the result was it didn't change the fact that this baby was coming one way or another. Biting his lip to hide back a smile, Frank draped an arm around Lorenzo was leaning against his side. “We-I mean, I'm going to have another baby.”

“YOU'RE WHAT!?” Frank Sr. roared echoed from the background where he was preparing coffee in the kitchen.

Forgetting he was also on speaker phone, Frank cringed as he heard his father's footsteps stampede towards the phone. It didn't matter that his father was back in Jersey which was on the east side of the country instead of on the west side in Washington state where he now lived with his children, the man was still as terrify as ever. “P-Pregnant, sir.”

“You're pregnant?!” Margo rehashed in astonishment, taken aback by the startling news. It wasn't the fact that her child was pregnant again that was hard for her to grasp right now, but WHOM he made the baby with. “How? I mean, wh-”

Upon invading the living room where his wife was unwinding on the couch after returning from the courthouse, Frank Sr. demanded to know who was behind impregnating his son. “Who's the hell is the father, Franklin Anthony Iero!?”

“Language, daddy!” Frank weakly chided under Gerard's vigilant gaze from across the bed. “Your grandchildren are present and can hear you!”

Margo shot up at the acknowledgment of her grand babies and pointed a strict finger towards her husband. “Enough, Frank! I won't have my grandchildren speaking that sailor talk, you hear me?” When he gave her an agreeable nod and took a seat beside her, she went on to addressing their son. “Pumpkin, who is the father of this baby? When we spoke to Orion last he was all you knew there other than that co-worker...Jerry, was it?”

Frank blushed with unease at the reference of his womanizing co-worker, Berry, who he went on ONE outing with to the movies, and NOT on a date despite what Orion told his parents. Sparing a brief glimpse at Gerard, he saw his light brown eyes that were generally filled with love whenever they stared at him were scowling at that reminder of his prior rival. Actually...his name was Berry, but it wasn't a da-”

“Is this Barry character the father?” Margo grilled, ready to use whatever lawyer tactic she needed to get some answers. The amorous action of her husband lifting her legs and drawing them out over his lap so he could give her a foot rub proved to her he was in support of her interrogating their son, for he too needed answers and his wife was the one to get them.

“NO, mommy!” Frank protested passionately. “I wouldn't touch Barry even if you gave me a million dollars! He's just a co-worker who has a serious addiction to womanizing...and a talented gift at storytelling, is all.”

“Then who's the father, Frank?” Frank Sr. impatiently urged. “Just tell us.”

Frank began to sweat. His parents were already mindful who fathered the twins, and Jasiah but they had no idea of his rendezvous with Poison breaching into their home and falling into bed with him. That was when their grand child was conceived. Frank honestly hadn't reflected this far through on this apathetic morning where everyone decided to climb into his bed, and watch TV right after breakfast. He just picked up the phone and elected to tell them now, but didn't have a backup strategy on who helped him produce the child. He couldn't tells them that Poison did it because they'd flip out and drag him back home! Considering Gerard hopelessly who stared back at him with the same expression, Frank got his solution. Taking a deep breath, he explained to his parents who got him pregnant. “Daddy, do you remember that one boy who babysat Lorenzo and Venetia?”

Gerard's jaw dropped. He couldn't believe this right now. Frank was not only about to tell his parents about him, but also that he was the father of their unborn child?!

Frank Sr.'s eyes narrowed in on the phone as he did recall the pervert trying to take advantage of his son. “You mean that black haired perv?”

“Oh my god, daddy!” Frank grumbled, covering his face with one hand and turning it away from Gerard so he wouldn't see him insulted. “Please, don't say that! Don't call him a perv.”

“Well, that's what he is! A perv.” Frank Sr. firmly defended, making Gerard smirk from across Frank.

“What about him?” Margo challenged him, getting back on track. “Are you saying he got you pregnant?”

“Yeah.” Frank responded lamely, not sure if he should feel bashful by the way he was about to portray himself in the fabricated tale he immediately spun. “You see, I was moving here and...I guess Gerard got back into contact with me. It turned out he moved here too and didn't live that far away. We met up, and became friends again. One day, one thing led to another and...”

“Now, you're pregnant.” Margo ended with a sigh, rubbing her temple. “Frankie...does he know about this? About where they came from, I mean?”

“He does.” Frank nodded, glancing at Gerard who was looking at him with pride. “He's oddly fine with it.”

“And does he know about the baby growing inside you now?” Frank Sr. restated.

“Yes, he knows that too.” Frank claimed. “And he's perfectly fine with that too. In fact he seemed pretty excited about becoming a father.”

Frank Sr. snorted with disbelief. “Yeah well, I'll be the judge of whether he's good enough to father my grandchildren or not when I meet the kid.”

“What about the other grand babies?” Margo queried. “How would he feel being a father figure to them knowing they aren't his?”

Frank glanced at Gerard to see him tilting his head back from Jasiah's reach as he tried to smack him with his teething ring. “You definitely won't believe this until you see it, but he's a damn natural at it already.”