I'm the Last One That You'll Ever Remember

Chapter 123: Better Than Them

“Well, that could've been better.” Poison said as he leaned back against the counter with his arms crossed over his chest. There was an amused smile stuck on his face since Frank's father hailed him a 'perv', his light brown eyes monitoring the twins eating their snacks at a little plastic-made wooden table with four colorful chairs. Venetia sat in the purple, and Lorenzo in the green.

“Are you kidding me?” Frank reacted back in incredulity, declining to look at him as he fetched a cup for Jasiah's juice with one hand and bounced his whimpering son in the other. He himself hadn't yet recovered from the phone call he just had with his parents about him having another child, and so he insisted on making Jasiah a drink without Gerard's support, and went as far as to threaten to kick him out of his house if he tried to get in his way...and so his baby daddy stood in the kitchen at a close enough span in case he needed him. “Of all the times my parents didn't approve of the many kids I already have, they have to disapprove of THIS one!”

The clatter of Frank heaving the empty blue cup into the sink in disappointment drew Gerard's scrutiny shortly away from the twins who could be mischievous when not overseen. The guilt in his young lover's face was apparent, and enforced him to console him by leaning over and whispering close to his cheek. “Frankie, none of this was your fault. All of our kids were born through a crime committed by me, so I'm the one to be blamed in this. Our twins and Jasiah don't count in your parent's disapproval because you never had a choice in it.”

“Bu-” Frank sought to cut in, his frantic hazel eyes rising to his baby daddy.

“I made that choice for you.” Gerard reminded him of their history and how they met. He was his kidnapper, and Frank the defenseless victim. Like he had disclosed to his baby mama before, nothing would have stopped Gerard from taking him whether or not he learned about his working womb. He would have found another way regardless.

“I guess.” Frank mumbled in defeat, noticing the wisdom in his point. Jasiah's abrupt whine in his ear made him recall his previous task he had just ditched to sulk. Reaching up in the cupboard, he produced a clean red cup and set to fixing his son some juice. “But still, they don't have to sound so distraught about me being pregnant again. It's not like I haven't done this all before.”

Gerard spared a glance to the twins to examine them regarding a bird hop around the lawn in their background. “It's not that either, baby. This is the first child you're gonna have that was a decision made entirely by you, according to your parents. As much as they love their grandkids, this one is coming in by a father who isn't your kidnapper which means you're involved with someone they don't know. After all you've been through, they just want to make sure you're in good hands.”

“Wait, are you saying they think I'm being irresponsible by having this baby with you?” Frank challenged him as he screwed a top on Jasiah's cup, handed it to him and let him down so he could waddle over to his siblings without dribbling his drink along the way. Both parents patrolled the year old maneuver on unsteady legs out of the kitchen. “Because they don't know you?”

“Also because of what you been through.” Gerard rehashed, turning his eyes to him. “Try to think of it from their perspective.”

Frank paused to do such a thing, his eyes soon stretching in astonishment. “Oh...”

“Exactly.” Gerard smirked. “What is the baby feeling for dinner tonight?”

“Whatever you feel like whipping up, I guess.” Frank shrugged, his eyes raising to his baby daddy's and lingering there. This man before him...it was tough to admit he could injure a living soul. With his mask on, Gerard could be terrifying but without it, he had the face of an angel that couldn't even hurt a fly. In the bedroom, however, Gerard was no angel. Frank's lips parted at the mention of the word bedroom where for days and nights he cried out for the older man's existence there. He craved him, but for now he could resist him. However, the further along he got in his pregnancy would soon make it impossible. Shortly, Frank was going to cave, and then what?

Gerard remained mute as Frank peered into him, the air around them charged with such immense profound sexual energy it was a wonder if didn't make either one of them jizz right there in their pants in the kitchen. The young boy needed him, Gerard knew this. Hell, he'd seen this for days. Often enough, he would find Frank staring at him longingly like he wanted him to touch him and as much as he wanted to give in to those demands, he combated. Too many times he'd taken Frank and discounted his rejections in the past. Now that things were different, he would wait for Frank to invite him, not selfishly take his fill whenever he saw fit. Still, it would be an simpler deal to stand by if the kid didn't study at him like that all the damn time. Those hazel eyes were making it harder for him to do the proper thing and win this man over. “Frankie...” His light brown eyes snapped to Frank's succulent lips, making him swallow strongly in temptation. “Baby please, you can't keep looking at me like this...you're only making it harder.”

Lost in a trance of his own making, Frank replied in a sultry tone that only made the older man's pants tighten. “What am I making harder?”

Knowing Frank had no idea what he was doing, Gerard was on his own on keeping them both in line though that sensuous voice of his will be his undoing. “Me, for one thing.” He smirked, his cock beginning to throb with need for this tiny pregnant man. “And continuing to resist touching you.”

“Then don't.” Frank favored him without acknowledgment. “Just reach out and touch me. It's that easy.”

Gerard did, but not in the way the young boy was thirsting for him to do. He reached out to cup his face with one hand, relishing in the warmth and feel of his lover's flesh again. The simple contact alone forced both men to close their eyes from the small taste of satisfaction it gave them. “Is that really what you want, my love?” When his lover's lips parted, Gerard cut him off. “Really think about it. Do you really want me to kiss you right now knowing we'll go as far as to make love on the kitchen floor with only a counter separating us from our kids? We both know that's what will happen because it always does when we come together like this.”

That suggestion seemed to clarify Frank's hazel eyes to the truth, and with a gasp, he bounded back from Gerard as if he was on fire. “Don't!” He cried out with large eyes filled with horror as he ward him away with a single hand.

Slowly, Gerard's hand curled into a fist before dropping. He tore his light brown eyes away from Frank, not wanting him to see how hard he took that rejection. “I thought so.”

“Gerard, I...” Frank bumbled to say, feeling horrendous for reacting the way he did. It was impolite and unneeded. But he couldn't allow them to fall into bed together again. He still wasn't convinced about Gerard even though he was a superb dad, cook, and housekeeper all wrapped up with being an outstanding kidnapper and killer. “I didn't mean to...that is...I still don't know.”

“What is there left to know?” Gerard complained, looking out as the twins skipped off into the living room with Jasiah staring from his chair. “I've told you everything.”

“It's just...your brother and the fact that he wants to see us.” Frank brought up as he draped his arms around himself to ward off the anxiety only Gerard has been able to alleviate. “I'm terrified of him, and those people he leads.”

“I am one of those people.” Gerard reminded him with a hard stare.

Frank narrowed his eyes tenaciously right back at him and dropped his arms. “No, you're not. You're better than them!”

“Am I?” Gerard rhetorically asked, peering away from him.

Stepping forward, Frank snagged Gerard's chin and turned it so he faced him, his hazel eyes genuine as they bore into his. “Yes, you are. You're still here with me and the kids and that's all I could ever ask of you.”

Gerard could see Frank was determining something and was stunned when he stood on his tiptoe to delicately kiss the right corner of his mouth. It was done so swiftly all he had time to do was widen his eyes in bewilderment before the young boy darted out of the kitchen away from him like nothing happened. Gerard wasn't the least bit upset by his hasty exit as he tenderly touched the place where Frank's lips made contact and grinned. The same addictive urgency that ran through his veins for Frank ran through his young lover's veins.