I'm the Last One That You'll Ever Remember

Chapter 162: You're Pregnant Again!?

A few weeks passed with no feedback as to who was threatening his family. It was driving Gerard insane waiting around for the culprit to quit dispatching the letters and unveil themselves. He had a bone to pick with whoever they were. Frank had to undergo these atrocious letters on his own for so long, and now that Gerard knew about it too he was now the haunted one. Except he knew how to cloak it better than his lover had who was doing much better. It was like the old Frankie was back, and the kids were relieved of this. Frank had no idea that his melancholy was affecting his own children until he came downstairs to play with them the day after confessing to Gerard the truth. The kids had swarmed over to him with hugs and kisses except for Milo who wasn’t old enough yet to learn how to walk. That didn’t deter him from screeching at the sight of him though. But things were about to change for the both of them. Feeling quite nauseous for a few weeks now, Frank finally got miffed with incessantly feeling physically off, and so he found himself examining his symptoms closely while in his bathroom one day. These symptoms he was experiencing were identical to pregnancy symptoms. Feeling his heart sink down into his stomach, he jostled through every drawer in his bathroom for a pregnancy test. Locating the last one in the medicine cabinet, Frank utilized it and then set it on his counter to wait. He paced the bathroom, not departing from it even when Jovani had climbed all the way up the stairs to thump with a shout on the door for his attention. Turning the knob on the door, he let the fussy child in, shut the bathroom door, swept him up in his arms and returned to pacing. When he waited long enough for the test results, Frank stopped in front of the stick and peered down at him while Jovani tugged at strands of his hair with a smile. Nothing but the pink plus sign greeted him back. Closing his eyes, Frank exhaled through his nose as he straightened back up. How was this possible? He couldn't be pregnant again! They’ve been using condoms after condoms! Depleting lube bottles after lube bottles! In fact, they’ve gone through so many of them that the employees at the small grocery store they traditionally shopped at recognized Gerard by name and would try not to smile at him every time they swiped the box of condoms and lube. He drops by at least once a week.

“The heck!? Did one of the condoms break?!” Frank grumbled, trying to figure out how this happened. But then the bathroom door opened to Lorenzo dangling from the knob, grinning. Narrowing his eyes at one of his first born, Frank chided him. “Renzo, don’t hang on the door like that! You’ll break it.”

Lorenzo slowly let go and opted to lean against the door instead as he looked up at his mother. “Baby crwying.”

“Your brother’s crying?” Frankie repeated, obtaining a nod from his son. Deserting the stick for now, he led his son out of the bathroom and into the bedroom where Venetia sat on the bed in front of her little brother, trying to keep him from crying. “What’s going on in here?”

“Nah-ting, mommy!” Venetia assured him, trying to be the dependable big sister as she pointed a tiny finger down at her brother’s scrunched face and ordered. “Stop! No crwying! Bawd Baby!”

“Venetia, that’s not how you do it.” Frank chuckled with a shake of his head. Placing Jovani onto their bed, he helped Lorenzo up afterwards then taught her again how to calm her brother down. Until Gerard got back from his job interview, Frank would have to deal without any answers.
___________________________________________________________________________________

Entering the house in a black suit, Gerard ran his hands through his freshly dyed black hair. He had just disposed of over twenty letters sitting in the mailbox and was comforted to hear the shrieking calls of ‘daddy’ bouncing off the walls. Grinning, he locked the front door behind him and walked down the hall to greet the kids awaiting him in the living room. Scrapping the papers in his hands aside on the dining table, he dropped to his knees in time to bundle the twins in his arms. Jovani was slower than the rest and smacked Lorenzo on his back for being in the way of him hugging their dad, his face pouting with aggravation. “Hey, don’t hit your brother!” Gerard cautioned him as he set the twins aside to pluck his surly son up into his arm.

Frank had taken a seat at the dining table, waiting for him to finish giving Milo some attention from where he laid on a toy mat playing with the gadgets that rainbowed over his face. He tried not to smile at the view when his boyfriend spun whirled to close the distance between them. “How was your interview?”

“I’ll give you a hint...I have good news.” Gerard wiggles his brows at him before leaning in for a kiss.

Frank dodged his kiss, ignoring the look of hurt on his face to say. “I have news for you too, Mister.”

“You do?” Gerard inquired, the hurt still in his eyes. It was evident something was up, but he couldn’t guess for the life of him what it could be. The letters couldn’t have brought Frank down, he had just thrown the rest for today. So what had irked him? “What is it?”

“You go first.” Frank extended, rising from the kitchen table and turned to face him again.

“I got the job at the Barnes & Noble comic store.” Gerard answered, no longer thrilled about his good news now that he knew something had peeved his lover. “Found out it also has a Starbucks inside too that I can get discounts on for being an employee.”

“That sounds great, Gee. I’m proud of you, but…” Frank wavered before finally producing the pregnancy test from his pocket and offering it to him. “Well, this is my good news for you, I guess.”

Taking the stick, Gerard’s eyes nearly popped out of his skull when he recognized what it was. The light brown orbs honed in on the pink plus sign and was jubilant at what it meant. Raising his glistening eyes to Frank’s, he exclaimed. “You’re pregnant again!?”

Frank nodded, not as jubilant as him, but neither was he distraught over it. It’s just...they already have four kids and again he wasn’t even the legal age to drink alcohol yet. “Yup. I just found out after feeling nauseous for a few weeks. I thought it was some bug or something but I think I was in denial just in case you knocked me up again.”

His bliss unbreakable to Frank’s negative energy, Gerard let out a shout of exhilaration and carefully swept his boyfriend up into his arms, swinging him about and lavishing kisses on him. “Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you!”

Frank couldn’t resist laughing at Gerard’s exuberant reaction. He could hear the laughter of their children probably thinking they were playing some kind of game with each other, because as soon as he was lowered to his feet the three oldest scurried over wanting to be next. “Now you’ve done it.”

Shrugging it off, Gerard slung each child up into his arms and twirled around in circles, laughing with them. When he got done with the last one, he crouched down to share the announcement. “Guess what you guys? Mommy is gonna have another baby!”

Amused, Frank shook his head at Gerard for compelling the kids to celebrate by wrapping their little arms around him. He wasn’t sure if they even understood what their father was saying or if they were reacting off of his ecstatic energy. Either way, they were hugging and bouncing in joy around his legs. Locking his eyes on Gerard plucked up a giggling Milo, Frank spoke sternly to him with a smile plastered on his face. “Gerard, I need to talk to you. I’m serious.”

“I know. Alright kids, let’s go outside and play a game.” Gerard announced, making the kids cheer loudly before darting towards the back door that was cracked open for fresh air. Heaving it aside, they all dispersed outside. Closing the distance between them, Gerard leaned forward to smother Frank’s next words with his lips.

Moaning softly in the kiss that dissolved his bones, Frank placed a hand on his chest and used all his might to break it. “Gerard Arthur Way, this has to stop! We can’t keep doing this.”

“W-What do you mean?” Gerard stammered, jumping to the worst conclusions and believing Frank meant their relationship entirely. His already pale face turned white as a sheet as his eyes widened down at him with fright.

“We can’t keep popping out babies like this.” Frank explained. “It’s expensive as hell, man!”

Grinning with relief, Gerard wrapped one arm around Frank’s waist and yanked him to him to receive several kisses. He took his time with each one before finally speaking. “Don’t worry about all that, love.”

“I am worried about it, Gee.” Frank whined, pouting up at him. “I want to be able to provide for my children without draining my parents dry to do it. Nevermind how willing they are.”

“We won’t drain your parents dry.” Gerard soothed him. “Trust me, I’ll handle everything.”

“You better.” Frank smiled up at him then pulled out of his arms. “I guess I better go call my parents and tell them the good news!”