I'm the Last One That You'll Ever Remember

Chapter 18: Can't See Me

A month and half had passed before Frank was finally released from the dark room. A guy with purple hair and a guy with pink hair both entered his room with their masks on. Frank didn’t bother looking up from his fetal position in the corners of the room until the duo strode over to him and yanked him up into a sitting position. Frank felt like his voice was long gone from the amount of screaming and wailing he had done in the past month and, so all he could do was weakly struggle against them in silence.

“Stop FUCKING moving!” Iris hissed at him, making Frank shrink into himself. He didn’t move a muscle as they unchained his wrists. It felt strange not having thick metal scraping against his skin, but felt even worse when Rouge and Iris yanked Frank to his feet by those same wounded wrists.

Frank let out an anguished groan as his arm were thrown over each of their shoulders. “Let’s get this piece of shit back to Poison.”

Frank closed his eyes in relief and allowed the two guys to share his weight and drag him out of the room and down the hall to Poison. By the time Iris and Rouge had the bedroom door open, they were already launching Frank into the room and locking the door behind him. Frank let out a rasp cry of pain before looking at his surroundings carefully. The room was empty. Frank struggled to get on his feet and limp to the bathroom to check and see if it was also unoccupied. He breathed a sigh of alleviation before taking his clothes off and turning on the tub faucet. He was so damn filthy he couldn’t take it anymore, not when there was a perfectly working tub a few feet away. He had to get cleaned even if his kidnapper was going to kill him once and for all for trying to escape a second time.

Frank lowered himself into the soapy warm water and let out a small hiss of pain. His body felt like it went through the World War II, but the warm water was doing the trick on soothing his aching limbs. Frank leaned back and relaxed himself as he thought back to his conversation with Sable. He couldn’t believe she was once like him. How could it be that she was now in love with the man who held her captive, it made no sense? And why was she so certain that I could possibly fall in love with my kidnapper, Frank wondered to himself. There was no way he would ever fall for that pervert, even if he didn’t look or act like those old balding fat pedophiles you usually see on the TV. Poison was obviously fit, had a full head of red hair, and had strong youthful skin.

Frank shook that oddly attractive description of his kidnapper out of his head, and proceeded to wash the grime off him. When he was all cleaned, he stepped out of the shower to find a pile of clothes sitting on the counter that he swore weren’t there before. Frank jumped back and nearly slipped and crack his head open on the edge of the tub. He knew he didn’t put those clothes there without a doubt, which only meant one thing. Poison was back and probably waiting for him in the next room. Frank mentally cursed himself before giving himself a short motivational speech about being strong no matter what might come his way. When he felt slightly braver, he got dressed in some navy blue underwear, a blue long sleeve shirt, a pair of grey sweatpants, and some thick socks.

After another encouraging speech, Frank stepped out of the bathroom with his head held high. He stopped in his track when he saw Poison sitting on the window sill, meddling with his knife. His clothes were splatter with some kind of red liquid that Frank refused to believe could be blood. Poison was wearing a red shirt underneath a black leather jacket, and some grey jeans with his signature black combat boots.

Frank simply stared at Poison while trying to breathe past the giant lump in his throat that was trying to suffocate him. All his attention was so focused on Poison that he jumped with fright when he heard other voices in the room. Frank gasped and looked around for the owner. Poison tilted his head in Frank’s direction, his green eyes itching to look at Frank through his red hair, but he wouldn’t let himself. Instead, he turned his attention back to cleaning his knife.

Frank stepped further into the room to see the sounds were coming from a small TV across the bed. Frank studied the screen and noted that it appeared to be a recorded home video. He dropped his gaze for second to see that the DVD player was indeed on, and was playing a video. Frank looked back at the screen just in time to see something he recognized from deep within his heart. The hallway that was being shown on the recorder was…the hallway in his parent’s house. Frank let out a gasp and collapsed onto the floor with his back against the end of the bed, a hand covering his mouth in shock. Tears threatened to fall as the camera turned a corner in the hallway to see Frank’s mother sitting at the kitchen table looking down at a huge map that was decorated in colorful thumbtacks. Frank’s father was pacing behind her with a hand in his hair as he read off a thick packet that had the symbol of their local police department on the front. The couple were speaking over each other, gesturing to the map and saying Frank’s name several times. Their behavior was frantic, and panicky. AT one point, Frank’s mother burst into tears and got up to cry in private in the next room. Frank’s father dropped everything and followed right after her. The camera stepped into the empty kitchen to angle down on the scattered sheets of paper on the kitchen table. A hand that was holding the camera reached out to move a few sheets aside to reveal a ‘Missing Person’s’ poster with Frank’s picture and descriptions on it. Frank recognized the black fingerless gloves in the video as the same ones belonging to his kidnapper. Frank slowly turned his head to confirm that Poison was in fact wearing those same gloves right at that moment.

Frank let out a whimper as he struggled to watch through his tears. The next scene was the camera showing Frank’s room just as he left it. Frank could tell that nothing had been moved on the day of his disappearance. Poison appeared on the screen to rummage through his drawers and touch his belongings before sitting on his unmade bed. Poison has a look of discomfort stuck on his face which at first Frank believed might have been caused by the smell of his dirty laundry. Imagine his embarrassment at discovering it was because his kidnapper was sitting on his stuffed octopus toy, Bulregard. Poison had an amused look on his face as he studied the aquatic creature before the scene cut to Poison sitting in one of the chairs in the living room with the camera on the coffee table in front of him. His chin is resting on one of his fists as he sat there with a look of boredom on his face while looking straight into the camera. In the background you can see the kitchen entryway where the sheriff and two of his other deputies stood trying to calm Frank’s desperate parents down. The cops didn’t seem to notice Poison sitting right there in the next room, which told Frank loud and clear that the cops had no idea that the suspect they were hunting for that had kidnapped Frank was sitting there that close to them in the next room in plain open sight!

Frank stared between his kidnapper sitting on the window seat and the TV in disbelief. There was no way Poison should be here right now, Frank thought to himself. He had to be locked up in some jail cell rotting away while the cops were currently trying to find him. There was no way. NO way.

Frank looked back to the screen to see his parents passed out on their beds surrounded by Frank’s “Missing Person’s’ posters. Against the wall on his mother side of the bed stood her tall mirror. The camera moved up to show Frank that Poison was standing there with his Bowie knife unsheathed and was beside his Father’s side of the bed. Before Frank could let out a scream, the recording stopped and the video ended. Frank stared in silence at the blue screen coming to his own conclusions as to what happened next. Poison still had his knife in his hands. Could he have…would he have?

Frank’s eyes snapped over to Poison, and saw that the handkerchief Poison was using to clean his knife had the same red substance as his clothes. The pieces fit themselves together, causing Frank to assume the worst had happen to his parents by the hands of his kidnapper. In a split second all Frank could see was red, and it had him launching himself at Poison with an angry scream for revenge. Poison heard him coming before he saw him and immediately caught Frank in time and slammed him up against the bedroom wall, dangling a few feet off the ground. Poison had his knife pressed against Frank’s neck in a threatening manner, but Frank didn’t show any fear. He had lost his parents by this monster, and he sure as hell knew that the both of them weren’t going to make it out of that room alive if he had his way.

“YOU SONOFABITCH, YOU FUCKING KILL THEM! YOU’RE A FUCKING MONSTER! I SWEAR TO GOD I’LL KILL YOU!” Frank screamed into Poison’s face.

Poison couldn’t lie, he was incredibly turned on by Frank’s anger, and wanted nothing more than to tear his pants off and bury his cock so deep within his tight walls that he’d be seeing stars, but he wasn’t about to do that. Instead, he let Frank go off on a threatening rant before finally interrupting him. “Your parents aren’t dead. They’re at home, waiting for your return. “

Frank wouldn’t have believe him if he hadn’t seen the truth in Poison’s eyes. He sobbed in relief and closed his eyes at the thought of his parents still alive at home. They hadn’t been killed, they were still alive, he chanted to himself as a reassurance to calm his beating his rushing heart.

“As you can tell from my homemade video, I can easily slip back into your parent’s home and gut them like pigs. I will do it too, if it will get you to finally submit and obey me. You see Frank, you’ve pushed me to the point of desperation, and I’m willing to do whatever it takes to open those pretty hazel eyes of yours and get you to listen, no matter how emotionally destructive it will have to be for you.” Poison said to him in a nonchalant tone of voice. Frank’s eyes widen in fear at Poison’s threat to harm his parents. If his stubborn mind didn’t allow Poison’s threatening messages to affect him before, it was definitely affecting him now.

Poison lowered Frank back down to his feet and sheathed his knife. He looked down at Frank who was staring up at him with his big innocent eyes. “I hope after this warning, I won’t have to make the journey to your folk’s cozy home again. However if I find myself in their neighborhood in the future, I’ll make sure to stop by and paint the whole place red with their blood. Push me, Frank, just push me further and I will show you what I’m capable of.”

Poison stepped back to leave Frank alone to adjust to being free from the dark room again. When his hand was on the door, a reminder popped up in Poison’s mind, and he thought it best to share with his Frank. The red head looked over his shoulder to see Frank sitting with his back against the wall and his knees drawn up to his chest, silently crying.

“By the way, your precious cops had a chance to stop me. You saw it for yourself, I was right there in the next room waiting for them to shoot me down, but even they couldn’t see me. Keep that in mind when you’re thinking about the whole department overrunning this place in search for you. They couldn’t see me before, they won’t see me then.” With that being said, Poison walked past the door, and locked it behind him.