I'm the Last One That You'll Ever Remember

Chapter 180: Halloween Costume

“Yeah, let Milo stay home and help with handing out the candies to the other neighborhood kids.” Frank Sr. commended from where he stood in Gerard and Frank’s living room reaching into a cardboard box of Halloween decorations to fish Lorenzo out, his body tangled in fake spiderwebs. “Margo and I will happily keep him company while you take the other three out for Halloween.”

Margo smiled at her husband, content that he was siding with her. She understood her son wanted his children to experience Halloween this year, and she definitely agreed with him. Back in the day, she and her husband would be at home celebrating Halloween by passing out candies while Frank went off with his group of friends to reap his own. Now that her little pumpkin was all grown up, moved out, and had a brood of his own, the grandparents found themselves yearning to spend their holidays with their son, Gerard and the grandbabies instead of alone together. Lowering her eyes to her grandson, Jovani, cuddling against her chest with his thumb in his mouth, Margo began to ponder on what costumes they would be wearing this year. “Gerard, I forgot what costumes Frank had picked out for you and the kids. Could you remind me?”

“Well, Venetia already made up her mind to be a Princess this year, which I’m sure you two both knew already.” Gerard answered, lowering his eyes to Venetia who had strayed back to him to lean against his leg for attention. Reaching down, he hauled her up into his arms for some cuddles.

“She wants to be a Princess every year.” Frank reminded everyone, rolling his eyes as he fed Milo a bottle.

“And the last time I checked, Lorenzo wants to be Jason from Friday the 13th.” Gerard sighed with a frown, glancing at his son who was almost fully detangled from the fake glow in the dark spiderwebs.

“JASON!” Margo gasped, horrified at the thought of her grandson running around looking like a murderer! Setting her hands on her hips, she stared hard at the two grown men raising her grandbaby. “Now what on earth possessed him to want to be that gruesome man for Halloween!?”

“Mommy, it’s not what you think! You know I would never allow my children to watch those kinds of movies at such a young age!” Frank defended both him and Gerard. “One night we were watching Jason down here in the living room while the kids were asleep upstairs. It was one of those Halloween scary movie marathons. Unbeknownst to us, Lorenzo had snuck downstairs and watched the whole movie from the stairs. He had nightmares for a whole week about it.”

“And yet he wants to be Jason for Halloween?” Frank Sr. inquired with frown, finding this odd.

Along with Gerard, Frank shrugged. “I guess so. We don’t get it either. The kid’s just weird.”

“I’m not too sure about that Halloween Costume.” Margo said with obvious dislike before moving on to the other two boys. “What about Milo and Jovani? What will they be for Halloween?”

“Well…” Frank drawled, handing Gerard Milo’s empty bottle so he could burp him. “Jovani really likes that one Star Wars character he saw with grandpa. The one with all the lightsabers. I think his name was General Grievous or something like that.”

“General Grievous?” Margo recited to herself, unsure of which character that was. Glancing to her husband, she inquired. “Honey, which one was that? The little teddy bears in the forest?”

“No, Margo.” Frank Sr. cringed at her presumption. She was so off the mark. “Hold on, I’ll fill you in a second once I get your grandson’s foot out of his mess.”

“I’ll help.” Gerard offered, lowering a clingy Venetia to the floor so he could help untangle his son.

In seconds, they had Lorenzo freed and watched him zoom off like Sonic. Then Frank Sr. explained which character Jovani wanted to be for Halloween to his wife. Margo frowned at the idea of her son being a character on the dark side of the force, but she didn’t fuss over it. “As much as I’m not a fan of the dark side, his choice does fall into play with what your father and I selected. I will be Padme and your father, Qui-Gon Jinn.”

“Oh my god, mommy! You HAVE to make Milo your little baby Yoda!” Frank begged her, his hazel eyes shining with excitement. “PLEASE! I swear if you don’t you’ll ruin my whole birthday and make me cry!”

Margo laughed at her son’s overdramatic oath, waving a dismissive hand at him. “Oh, hush, you! Of course we’ll make our little Milo into Yoda! It’s a perfect idea!”

“I’m onboard with it!” Frank Sr. supported then looked to Gerard. “Hey, son, what do you plan on dressing up as?”

“A skeleton.” Gerard answered with a shrug. “I’m gonna paint a skeleton on a black suit and then my face. I also decided at work to go with a top hat too.”

“Ah, I see.” Frank Sr. nodded before asking his biological son. “Frankie, what about you?”

“Oh Frankie, you must dress up as a pumpkin this year!” Margo insisted, her eyes beseeching him to comply with her request. “After your nickname.”

Frank’s cheek flushed with embarrassment. “Moooooom! I’m not gonna be a pumpkin for Halloween! Jesus, why would you even suggest that?”

“If not a pumpkin then what?” Margo grilled him. She honestly couldn’t picture a better costume than that for her child. A pumpkin was so much more meaningful.

Frowning to himself, Frank answered. “I don’t know yet. But it won’t be a pumpkin, that’s for sure!”

“If you need ideas, you can be Boba Fett for Halloween.” Frank Sr. offered, taking a seat on the couch. “You can be in theme with us.”

Shrugging to himself, Frank extended Milo to his father and headed to the kitchen for a soda, saying over his shoulder. “Yeah, that’ll probably end up being who I pick. Imma go grab me a soda, I’ll be right back.”

But Gerard couldn’t wait for him to return. While the grandparents were enchanted with their grandkids, he slinked into the kitchen. Coming up from behind his fiance, he carefully wrapped his arms around his waist and propped his chin on his shoulder. He inhaled the scent of Frank deeply and he rubbed his belly. “Mmm, you know Halloween is your 18th birthday. Is there anything special you want to do?”

“Besides the obvious?” Frank inquired with a knowing smile, folding his arms over Gerard’s and leaning back against his chest. Closing his eyes, he savored the physical contact with this man who his body couldn’t get enough of. It was too much of a painful temptation to have him so close and not be able to touch him the way he wanted to, but at the same time it was such a turn on!

“Yes, besides the obvious.” Gerard nodded, lifting his chin for only a few seconds to kiss his shoulder through his shirt. “You already know I’m gonna give you all that and more the second we’re alone.”

Frank bit back a moan at the thought, wishing to grind his backside into Gerard’s groin to feel him harden with life against him. But he couldn’t let this man walk around his home with a boner in front of their children and his own parents! It was unacceptable...and yet Frank wanted to be a naughty sexy little mischief when it came to Gerard. Shaking his head to ascend from under his fiance’s spell, Frank breathed. “I want to marry you, Gee. That hasn’t changed.”

“The day after Halloween we can reserve a date whenever you want to go into the courthouse.” Gerard hastily stated, just as desperate to see that gold band on his ring finger. “I’ll make it happen, baby, you know that.”

“Oh you don’t have to worry about that. The date has already been set for the morning after Halloween. I’m not playing around with you, Way.” Frank announced, earning a growl of excitement against his shoulder. Giggling, he snuggled further into his arms. “Excited?”

“God, yes!” Gerard replied with bliss in his voice.

“I already talked to my parents about it while you were at work. Mommy is sad we won’t have a big wedding, but she knows it’s our choice.” Frank told him. “We have to be ready early in the morning so we can be married sooner rather than later. Okay?”

Gerard closed his eyes and nuzzled his face into Frank’s shoulder. Finally, he’d be at peace. “I can’t wait, Iero. I can’t wait to have you as my husband. I can’t wait to be yours. I can’t wait for us to be married.”